Windows 10: optical drive drawer keeps opening and closing by itself.

Discus and support optical drive drawer keeps opening and closing by itself. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; drive drawer opens and closes by itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eugenemckenna, Aug 24, 2019.

1. optical drive drawer keeps opening and closing by itself.

drive drawer opens and closes by itself

:)

eugenemckenna, Aug 24, 2019
  2. LemP Win User

Optical drive letters keep swapping

Open Disk Management (click Start, type diskmgmt.msc in the Search box, and press Enter).

1. In the lower pane, right-click on your optical drive and select "Change drive letter and paths"
    2. Assign Y: to the first optical drive
    3. Repeat step 1 for the second optical drive and assign Z:

3. DaveM121 Win User
    Optical Drive

Hi ERNESTSMITHVM,

Boot into BIOS/UEFI and check that the Optical drive is listed there, if it is not then the Acer Tech has somehow not connected that drive correctly . . .

Otherwise, in Windows , open Device Manager - is hat drive listed at the top of the Hardware list?

DaveM121, Aug 24, 2019
  4. optical drive drawer keeps opening and closing by itself.

My optical drive of my laptop keeps popping out

I have Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with Windows 10 on board. Every time I insert the disk into optical drive and close it, drive keeps popping out. I already tried going to the hardware management window and reinstalling it.

Any suggestions on how should I proceed with fixing this issue?

CircleCzars ACFM, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

optical drive drawer keeps opening and closing by itself.

1. optical drive drawer keeps opening and closing by itself. - Similar Threads - optical drive drawer

2. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  3. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  4. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What is this, and why does it keep opening and closing itself at random?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this, and why does it keep opening and closing itself at random?: Recently I've had a problem where this window continues to open and close itself. I cannot find the file that it's named, I can't find where it came from, I can't even keep it open long enough to use a program that would otherwise trace it. This is extremely disruptive, at...
  6. What is this, and why does it keep opening and closing itself at random?

What is this, and why does it keep opening and closing itself at random?: Recently I've had a problem where this window continues to open and close itself. I cannot find the file that it's named, I can't find where it came from, I can't even keep it open long enough to use a program that would otherwise trace it. This is extremely disruptive, at...
  7. The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?: Well i wanted to change settings but the settings keep closing itselfso when i open settings it just closed itselfDamn i cant open the settings window and i cant change and personalise either so yeah i need HELP!!!Well i tried restarting or shutdown my own pc but it keeps...
  8. The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?

The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?: Well i wanted to change settings but the settings keep closing itselfso when i open settings it just closed itselfDamn i cant open the settings window and i cant change and personalise either so yeah i need HELP!!!Well i tried restarting or shutdown my own pc but it keeps...
  9. one drive folder keeps opening by itself depite closing or leaving it open in the background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one drive folder keeps opening by itself depite closing or leaving it open in the background: one drive folder keeps opening by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-folder-keeps-opening-by-itself-depite/c778c5e7-5246-4192-b19c-23fd608aefa8"
  10. optical drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14