Windows 10: Optical Drive on Toshiba C55-A is not reading anything

Discus and support Optical Drive on Toshiba C55-A is not reading anything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My CD/DVD-W is not reading anything. It is displaying on My Computer and when I right click on it and select open it opens so I don't think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndresRodriguez_136, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Optical Drive on Toshiba C55-A is not reading anything

Hello,

My CD/DVD-W is not reading anything.

It is displaying on My Computer and when I right click on it and select open it opens so I don't think it is a mechanical problem, but when I insert any type of CD it does not read it, it gives me an message to insert a CD.

I tried updating the drivers on it, uninstall and reinstall the drivers and the device itself, but not success.

I don't think the drive went bad, I feel that something went wrong after one of the Microsoft updates but don't really know which one if that is the problem. I did update to Windows 10 when it was free but I was able to use the drive after that for some while.

I'm not a tech-guru, though I feel I can figure most problems out with research, but no success as of yet so any assistance is appreciated.

thanks, Andy

:)

AndresRodriguez_136, Mar 1, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Optical Drive on Toshiba C55-A is not reading anything [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Toshiba Satellite C55 Laptop microphone

Toshiba Satellite C55 Laptop microphone says no problems yet its not working also messages read mic not working on cortana i know its conflicting but thats it.cant find whee its muted or switched off

BrianSpeedhello, Mar 1, 2020
  4. LemP Win User

Optical Drive on Toshiba C55-A is not reading anything

Optical drive letters keep swapping

Open Disk Management (click Start, type diskmgmt.msc in the Search box, and press Enter).

1. In the lower pane, right-click on your optical drive and select "Change drive letter and paths"
    2. Assign Y: to the first optical drive
    3. Repeat step 1 for the second optical drive and assign Z:

LemP, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Optical Drive on Toshiba C55-A is not reading anything

1. Optical Drive on Toshiba C55-A is not reading anything - Similar Threads - Optical Drive Toshiba

2. Help with Toshiba C55-B5299

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help with Toshiba C55-B5299: I have here, my trusty C55-B5299, with Ubuntu on it. I was downloading the Windows 10 22H2 update from Microsoft, and I put it on to the C55-B5299 and flashed it using BootCamp on macOS. All goes well, and instead I'm met up with a warning that goes by saying; "Reboot and...
  3. Help with Toshiba C55-B5299

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Toshiba C55-B5299: I have here, my trusty C55-B5299, with Ubuntu on it. I was downloading the Windows 10 22H2 update from Microsoft, and I put it on to the C55-B5299 and flashed it using BootCamp on macOS. All goes well, and instead I'm met up with a warning that goes by saying; "Reboot and...
  4. Help with Toshiba C55-B5299

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Optical disc drive not reading CDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optical disc drive not reading CDs: Device: LG Bluray M DISCWhen opened in file explorer, everything freezes for about 5min. before opening the CD. Upon opening, it shows no data. Have tested this on other drives and they open fine....
  6. Optical disc drive not reading CDs

Optical disc drive not reading CDs: Device: LG Bluray M DISCWhen opened in file explorer, everything freezes for about 5min. before opening the CD. Upon opening, it shows no data. Have tested this on other drives and they open fine....
  7. Optical disc drive not reading CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. IN toshiba C55-b815 Camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IN toshiba C55-b815 Camera not working: after updating my laptop in windows 10 my camera is notworking even if not detected in system my model : satellite C55-B815 operating os: Windows 10 64bit...
  9. Optical drive will not read DVDs

Optical drive will not read DVDs: Have used VLC media player for a few years with no problem for both CDs and DVDs on Windows 10 OS. Suddenly DVDs are not recognised. The device is working properly, drivers are up to date, have tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling, have edited the registry to remove...
  10. Toshiba Satellite c55 bootup issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Satellite c55 bootup issues: My laptop was left on while I was away on travel and when I tried getting on the system, it went into a and endless array of automatic repair loops and diagnostic loops. I can get into the advanced option menu eventually but always fails in sys restore, or reset, tried using...