Windows 10: Optical drive won't display play cd-rw's. Also no green checkmarks on Desktop icons that...

Discus and support Optical drive won't display play cd-rw's. Also no green checkmarks on Desktop icons that... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft. Windows 10 Home. I don't know what to do with this. My dvd-cd rom drive doesn't display my cd-rw's. It will play music cds. I have gone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinBaileyWX, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Optical drive won't display play cd-rw's. Also no green checkmarks on Desktop icons that...

Dear Microsoft. Windows 10 Home. I don't know what to do with this. My dvd-cd rom drive doesn't display my cd-rw's. It will play music cds. I have gone into Device Manager/ clicked on my dvd/cd rom drive/Properties and it shows my device as working properly. The driver is also up to date. Anyway I have an optical drive. Apparently it will burn cd-rws fine. Just can't use them with it the way it is. The drive is an ASUS-DRW-24B1ST if that helps. To burn the cd-rw I used a program called CDBurnerXP. It completed the burning action as it should. I just can't check the disk.

I believe this all started when I disabled One Drive. Some Desktop Icons disappeared. I Re-installed One Drive and started putting my Desktop back to where it was. Also, there are no green circles with check marks on the Desktop Icons that are monitored by One Drive. One Drive shows as being up to date. There are however green check marks on my pictures. So I guess it is working fine anyway.

I don't know if you would have me run some tests such as sfc /scannow or others. I tried running sfc /scannow and nothing happened. I have no clue as to why. It didn't run period. Can any of this have anything to do with the registry? I like to hope not, but will go into it with detailed instructions from you. I was checking to see if I could go back to another time using restore. Yesterday I didn't have anything there. Thought that was strange. Anyway something might be corrupted. I'm hoping it's nothing serious. I can use my pc like nothing ever happened. Anyway something is wrong. Thank you. Hope you can help.

:)

KevinBaileyWX, Dec 5, 2020

2. DVD RW CD Optical Drive Error Message

I formated a new Sony DVD RW CD on a

Dell External USB DVD RW CD Optical Drive

What is causing the following error message?

Windows was unable to complete the format

Do I have to get a new external optical drive?

T C Spencer, Dec 5, 2020
  3. DVD RW CD Optical Drive Error Message

You state you have tried to format a DVD RW CD.

What are you trying to change it to ?

If this is NEW and out of the box you should not have to format it.

It is already ready to write / burn to.

If you are erasing the RW that may be a different story.

Frank N St31n, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Optical drive won't display play cd-rw's. Also no green checkmarks on Desktop icons that...

Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons

Since I have got my laptop, I have noticed green checkmarks on the desktop icons. These are irritating. I know this is regarding OneDrive but how to remove them?

RushilJalal, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Optical drive won't display play cd-rw's. Also no green checkmarks on Desktop icons that...

1. Optical drive won't display play cd-rw's. Also no green checkmarks on Desktop icons that... - Similar Threads - Optical drive won't

2. Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes: it looks like this i don't have onedrive so it confuses me why it's here is this a cause for concern ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-checkmarks-on-desktop-icons-but-only-on/929f658c-38ba-4fc1-ba25-bdb8c40bf031
  3. Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes: it looks like this i don't have onedrive so it confuses me why it's here is this a cause for concern ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-checkmarks-on-desktop-icons-but-only-on/929f658c-38ba-4fc1-ba25-bdb8c40bf031
  4. Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. 5.25 optical drive wont display cd-rw's, but will play music cds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5.25 optical drive wont display cd-rw's, but will play music cds.: I have Windows 10 Home. Windows version 20H2. I'm not sure if this is software related, but I have two questions. My 5.25" optical drive won't display my cd-rw's. It will play music cds and dvds fine. Also the other problem is probably minor. One Drive shows as being up to...
  6. weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop: hey all you experts, yet another strange issue I think I've found with microsoft's wonderful windows technology it seems like. here's what I've got: this weirdness has now started occurring today, after a previous bout of weirdness happened to me last week, which is...
  7. Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons: Since I have got my laptop, I have noticed green checkmarks on the desktop icons. These are irritating. I know this is regarding OneDrive but how to remove them?...
  8. Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !?

in Windows 10 Support
    Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !?: I just saw that there was a green check mark on some of the application icons on my desktop! Never seen this before! And then suddenly gone! Anyone knows what this is? 13425
  9. Green Checkmarks next to desktop icons on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Green Checkmarks next to desktop icons on Windows 10: I got a new computer running Windows 10, when I got it, it had these green checkmarks. I don't have Norton so that cant be the problem. Please help. [img] 103789
  10. Mysterious green checkmarks on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious green checkmarks on desktop: In the past week or so, I have noticed that the shortcuts (aliases) on my desktop are being festooned with tiny green checkmarks. For example, last time I started up my Windows VM, I saw: [img] Now, just passing my cursor OVER the aliases (not even clicking) made each...