Windows 10: optical drive

Discus and support optical drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; just bought a new desk top PC. manual shows that there is an optical drive eject button but I don't see it in my PC. am I equipped with optical drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sal_442, Sep 7, 2019.

1. sal_442 Win User

optical drive

just bought a new desk top PC. manual shows that there is an optical drive eject button but I don't see it in my PC. am I equipped with optical drive or no?

:)

sal_442, Sep 7, 2019
  2. LemP Win User

Optical drive letters keep swapping

Open Disk Management (click Start, type diskmgmt.msc in the Search box, and press Enter).

1. In the lower pane, right-click on your optical drive and select "Change drive letter and paths"
    2. Assign Y: to the first optical drive
    3. Repeat step 1 for the second optical drive and assign Z:

LemP, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Optical Drive missing

Hello,

To find Optical Drive, we recommend checking it on Device Manager. Here are the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type and click Device Manager in Cortana search box.
    • Click View.
    • Select Show hidden devices.
    Let us know how it goes.

Ernie San, Sep 7, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

optical drive

Optical Drive

Hi ERNESTSMITHVM,

Boot into BIOS/UEFI and check that the Optical drive is listed there, if it is not then the Acer Tech has somehow not connected that drive correctly . . .

Otherwise, in Windows , open Device Manager - is hat drive listed at the top of the Hardware list?

DaveM121, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

optical drive

1. optical drive - Similar Threads - optical drive

2. Windows 10 and Optical Drive in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Optical Drive in File Explorer: Hello, I have searched the internet far and wide for a solution to no avail. I am using Windows 10 Home v1903, OS Build 18362.356. I am having difficulty getting File Explorer to show the Optical Drive all the time. If a CD/DVD is NOT in the drive, it does not show...
  3. computer does not recognize disk in the optical cd or dvd drives after windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer does not recognize disk in the optical cd or dvd drives after windows 10 upgrade.: computer shows drives are there and drives have latest drivers installed but will not recognize and cd or dvd disk in drives. Keeps asking for disk to be placed in drives even when they are already in drives. What can I do to make drives read and write disk again...
  4. optical drive drawer keeps opening and closing by itself.

optical drive drawer keeps opening and closing by itself.: drive drawer opens and closes by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive-drawer-keeps-opening-and-closing-by/11decdf9-8291-428a-b97e-efba2a223793
  5. Optical drive can read any cd, can burn dvds, but cannot burn cds since Windows 10 updates

Optical drive can read any cd, can burn dvds, but cannot burn cds since Windows 10 updates: I've had this problem on and off for a long time. Windows updates, and all of a sudden, I cannot burn music CDs. It plays them, reads them, and runs programs from them with no problem, burns dvds without issue. But burning a music cd results in failure and "write error"...
  6. optical interal drive stopedvworking afterv up date

optical interal drive stopedvworking afterv up date: need dvd to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-interal-drive-stopedvworking-afterv-up/f1f08789-d7d3-4707-ab9b-ae23dec8bc10
  7. Optical drive will not install

Optical drive will not install: Toshiba Satellite laptop. New problem in the last few days. Windows 10 version 1809. Trying to send backup data to a flash drive, I noticed that the flash drive was labeled as 'D' instead of 'E' . Went to device manager, cd/dvd drive and saw this error for device status....
  8. how to open optical drive on dell laptop widows 10

how to open optical drive on dell laptop widows 10: I don't know how to open my optical drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-optical-drive-on-dell-laptop-widows-10/abbfe1aa-d58f-46ca-bb1a-11c9a048d68c
  9. w 10 cannot activate optical drive

w 10 cannot activate optical drive: trying to do the above, ready to shoot someone. in ultra simple terms how is this done without paying for it? totally confused. thanks 132967
  10. How do I change the name of my optical drives

How do I change the name of my optical drives: I can change the drive letters, but I have two optical drives with different capabilities. I would like to differentiate them from one another. Can I change the text name? 131641