Windows 10: Optical drive

Discus and support Optical drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelQuinnVIP, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Optical drive

How do I install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive?

:)

MichaelQuinnVIP, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Optical drive [​IMG]

Optical drive [​IMG]

Optical drive [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Mar 3, 2020
  3. LemP Win User
    Optical drive letters keep swapping

Open Disk Management (click Start, type diskmgmt.msc in the Search box, and press Enter).

1. In the lower pane, right-click on your optical drive and select "Change drive letter and paths"
    2. Assign Y: to the first optical drive
    3. Repeat step 1 for the second optical drive and assign Z:

LemP, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Optical drive

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Steve –
    Again, my thanks for supplying detailed pictures and steps. They really help.
    The following are screenshots of where I am.
    Screenshot 23 shows confirmation my Registry was changed.
    Screenshot 24 shows the list of “Send to” names including the CD shortcut.
    Screenshot 25 shows the “Send to” list, but the CD name is still not listed.

Jerry

Optical drive [​IMG]

Optical drive [​IMG]

Optical drive [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Optical drive

1. Optical drive - Similar Threads - Optical drive

2. I have a new Computer System Universal Optical Drive which I am trying to connect to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new Computer System Universal Optical Drive which I am trying to connect to my...: I have a new Computer System Universal Optical Drive which I am trying to connect to my ASUS Laptop Windows 11 via USB. It will not connect. What can I do to make it work? Is the problem because it does not work with Windows ? Plus there is no user manual with it.I saw that...
  3. I have a new Computer System Universal Optical Drive which I am trying to connect to my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a new Computer System Universal Optical Drive which I am trying to connect to my...: I have a new Computer System Universal Optical Drive which I am trying to connect to my ASUS Laptop Windows 11 via USB. It will not connect. What can I do to make it work? Is the problem because it does not work with Windows ? Plus there is no user manual with it.I saw that...
  4. Updating PC to 22H2 Disabled Several Functions of the Optical Drive

Updating PC to 22H2 Disabled Several Functions of the Optical Drive: Hello,I'm having an issue with my PCs optical drive. Ever since I ran windows update a few months ago to update to Windows 10 Pro 22H2, several functions of my PCs optical drive have ceased to function within Windows 10. Note the italics, more on that laterHistorically, I've...
  5. Updating PC to 22H2 Disabled Several Functions of the Optical Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating PC to 22H2 Disabled Several Functions of the Optical Drive: Hello,I'm having an issue with my PCs optical drive. Ever since I ran windows update a few months ago to update to Windows 10 Pro 22H2, several functions of my PCs optical drive have ceased to function within Windows 10. Note the italics, more on that laterHistorically, I've...
  6. Updating PC to 22H2 Disabled Several Functions of the Optical Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems: So, after installing SSD in my laptop, i wanted to move windows from HDD to SSD, but it appeared that i already have 2 disk partition reserved for windows:In "System Info" i see that "Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1 " as Boot Device.https://imgur.com/a/r5lpzkuMy question...
  8. After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems

After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems: So, after installing SSD in my laptop, i wanted to move windows from HDD to SSD, but it appeared that i already have 2 disk partition reserved for windows:In "System Info" i see that "Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1 " as Boot Device.https://imgur.com/a/r5lpzkuMy question...
  9. After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Optical drive not showing

Optical drive not showing: Hi,My optical drive to read DVDs is not recognized by my portable laptop Windows 10.Here is the context:I have an optical drive connected to my portable laptop via a SATA/USB cable.Here are my attempts to solve the issue:- I connected the drive to my laptop the normal way: it...