Windows 10: Optical Drives & Windows 10 - What's the deal?

Discus and support Optical Drives & Windows 10 - What's the deal? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am amazed at the number of users who, just like myself, cannot get Win 10 to recognize/find CD/DVD drives, and further surprised that no real... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JefferyHunt, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Optical Drives & Windows 10 - What's the deal?

I am amazed at the number of users who, just like myself, cannot get Win 10 to recognize/find CD/DVD drives, and further surprised that no real solution is available. How can this be??? Why won't this O.S. let me use my optical drives without having to try all manner of strange stuff?? Does anyone have a solution that actually works in this particular area??

:)

JefferyHunt, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Ernie San Win User

Optical Drive missing

Hello,

To find Optical Drive, we recommend checking it on Device Manager. Here are the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type and click Device Manager in Cortana search box.
    • Click View.
    • Select Show hidden devices.
    Let us know how it goes.

Ernie San, Sep 28, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Optical Drive

Hi ERNESTSMITHVM,

Boot into BIOS/UEFI and check that the Optical drive is listed there, if it is not then the Acer Tech has somehow not connected that drive correctly . . .

Otherwise, in Windows , open Device Manager - is hat drive listed at the top of the Hardware list?

DaveM121, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Optical Drives & Windows 10 - What's the deal?

WINDOWS 10 ANNIVERSARY UPDATE OPTICAL DISC DRIVE (CD/DVD) NOT WORKING

Hi,

We would like to know more about the issue, kindly clarify the following:

• When you say not working, is your optical disk drive not being detected or not being read/recognized?
    • Is this the first time that this happened or has it happened before?
    • Did the issue appear just right after updating?
    For Windows 10 recovery options, visit this
    link

You can check the
    Compatibility Troubleshooter
    for Windows 10.

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Optical Drives & Windows 10 - What's the deal?

1. Optical Drives & Windows 10 - What's the deal? - Similar Threads - Optical Drives What's

2. What is the deal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the deal: I have 2 questions...I have a gigabyte aero d mother board which has 5x16 top and 5x16 middle and 4x16 third. Ever since I installed the newest dev build I get a warning about the pci aqisition and somthing driver as wellit wont allow.me.to install.my gigbyte chipset eigher...
  3. What is the deal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the deal: I have 2 questions...I have a gigabyte aero d mother board which has 5x16 top and 5x16 middle and 4x16 third. Ever since I installed the newest dev build I get a warning about the pci aqisition and somthing driver as wellit wont allow.me.to install.my gigbyte chipset eigher...
  4. optical drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  5. optical drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  6. Optical Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Drive: Hello, The optical drive on my ASUS all in one pc has stopped working. Apparently, there is a driver error. I have tried to fix/update with no success. ASUS say there is no direct fix available. I have bought an external drive, but this is also showing the same diagnostic...
  7. Optical drive

Optical drive: How do I install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/db20e64f-3402-413d-8948-b95b9dd4eb48
  8. optical drive

optical drive: just bought a new desk top PC. manual shows that there is an optical drive eject button but I don't see it in my PC. am I equipped with optical drive or no? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/ff81eee5-343a-42cc-b7f8-31d2e4a2b445
  9. optical drive

optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14
  10. What's the deal?

What's the deal?: [img] [img] In Nvidia Control Panel I appear to be running drive 353.30, but according to the uninstall list I still have 347.88. So what's the deal? Am I running 353.30 or 347.88? Make up your mind Windows 10! *Confused 8081