Windows 10: optimise drive error

Discus and support optimise drive error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I click on defrag and optimise drive setting nothing happens what to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tushar_gamer, Mar 8, 2019.

1. optimise drive error

when I click on defrag and optimise drive setting nothing happens what to do

:)

tushar_gamer, Mar 8, 2019
  2. CCKM12 Win User

optimise hard drives

tried to optimise pc hard drive, when I opened the page, this I what I get. even signed in as administrator. any suggestion?

optimise drive error bbad77b8-f140-4066-98b1-f631a426b1ae.png

CCKM12, Mar 8, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Mar 8, 2019
  4. optimise drive error

Defragment and Optimise drives

I started up the Defragment and Optimise drives utility yesterday and I noticed that both my D: drive and Z: drive were not present there. Both these drives happen to be partitions on the same disk. All other drives (including removable drives) were visible.
    I tried running chkdsk with /r parameter and it returned no errors/bad sectors. How should I solve this issue?

KushagraJuneja, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

optimise drive error

1. optimise drive error - Similar Threads - optimise drive error

2. windows optimisation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows optimisation: something just pops and closes when i start the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-optimisation/5b6a5ae7-b682-4e5e-9b38-cc691d8a0d68
  3. Optimise Drives is still broken in version 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optimise Drives is still broken in version 2004: Screenshot: - https://i.imgur.com/5ZA5ACe.jpg If you optimise an SSD, then close out of the "optimise drives" screen and re-open it, it will tell you that the drive needs to be analysed and that optimisation has never been run. If it's a HDD, it will show the correct...
  4. Defragment and Optimise Drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    Defragment and Optimise Drives: Hi All, When I go in to the services app in my Windows 10 HE, Defrag and Optimise Drives is not listed as a service. Also when I type in the search bar to bring up the app, nothing happens other than a very quick blink. I could go a cmd line, but I don't actually need to...
  5. Hard disk drive taking forever to optimise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard disk drive taking forever to optimise: I’m defragmenting the hard drive and at the last update of 3, the process reads ‘consolidating’. It’s taking up to 15 minutes to cover 1%, is this normal for it to take so long?? Just wondering so I know :) submitted by /u/michaelbosley_ [link] [comments]...
  6. Optimising the SSD drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optimising the SSD drives: Hello everyone, Since 4 days I've got a problem regarding the SSD drives as follows: every time after reboot it's always show that the SSD drives never run for optimisation although I did many times before reboot. Has anyone experienced such a problem and got a solution?...
  7. Optimise Drives - System Hard disk drive - Unable to optimise/defragment

Optimise Drives - System Hard disk drive - Unable to optimise/defragment: Is this normal or should I be concerned? I've tried SFC and DISM commands and everything seems good. Please see the attached image. [ATTACH]...
  8. " Defragment and Optimise Drives "

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    " Defragment and Optimise Drives ": Hi, First of all, I would like to describe the laptop that I have. I have an 128gb SSD which holds the OS on it and a 1 terabyte HDD which I use for all my programs, documents, music, videos etc etc, both came with the laptop. Now I know its safe and normal to defrag a HDD...
  9. What's the trimming phase in Defragment and Optimise Drives?

What's the trimming phase in Defragment and Optimise Drives?: After defragmenting and consolidating (FYI, it's the phase that packs all the files together so it keeps the files from fragmenting), I managed to find a phase called trimming. I left my laptop to sleep while it was defragging (never really a good idea, I suppose). It loves...
  10. Optimising Page File On SSHD C Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Optimising Page File On SSHD C Drive: I am wondering if my page file settings could be improved. I have 16Gbt ram. I have a 240 Gbt sshd C drive with an average of 30 Gbt free and two Hybrid drives (2T, 4T with lots of free space. I have set Windows to manage the page file (screenshot attached). I note that no...