Windows 10: optimising hdd

Discus and support optimising hdd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The pc with the old hdd would appear to be 15% fragmented so I set it to optimise and it goes through the motions of analysing, relocating and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014.

1. tinmar49 Win User

optimising hdd

The pc with the old hdd would appear to be 15% fragmented so I set it to optimise and it goes through the motions of analysing, relocating and consolidating for several passes, finishes and tells me that it is 15% fragmented. I have repeated this procedure several times without success. This is build 9879.

:)

tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014
  2. RFS_wesm Win User

Windows 10 Disk Optimisation post update from Windows 7

Recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. W10 Disk Optimisation app now sees HDD in my HP 300-1125 Touchsmart as SSD and states that 'Optimisation is not available'. No hardware changes have been made to the computer - it still has its HDD. What
    has Windows 10 update failed to do? What must I do to ensure that Optimisation app sees HDD as HDD?

RFS_wesm, Nov 16, 2014
  3. Froggyxx Win User
    Windows 10 Update changes Raid 0 HDD toSSD

USB back up disc is identified by Windows 10 as HDD but RAID0 (Stripe) SATA HDD still incorrectly listed in optimise as Solid State. TRIM is set by Windows 10 as on and no optimise for the PC.

Froggyxx, Nov 16, 2014
  4. tinmar49 Win User

optimising hdd

I opened up Mini Tool Partition Wizard to see if if had a defrag option, it did not, and I noticed 500 Mb of unallocated space so I merged it with C and when it had finished and restarted the Optimise drives showed (C*Smile----Hard disk drive----Never run----OK(0% fragmented)

tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014
Thema:

optimising hdd

1. optimising hdd - Similar Threads - optimising hdd

2. " Defragment and Optimise Drives "

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    " Defragment and Optimise Drives ": Hi, First of all, I would like to describe the laptop that I have. I have an 128gb SSD which holds the OS on it and a 1 terabyte HDD which I use for all my programs, documents, music, videos etc etc, both came with the laptop. Now I know its safe and normal to defrag a HDD...
  3. What's the trimming phase in Defragment and Optimise Drives?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What's the trimming phase in Defragment and Optimise Drives?: After defragmenting and consolidating (FYI, it's the phase that packs all the files together so it keeps the files from fragmenting), I managed to find a phase called trimming. I left my laptop to sleep while it was defragging (never really a good idea, I suppose). It loves...
  4. Defrag and Optimise has Changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Defrag and Optimise has Changed: I have just run defrag and optimise for the first time in 1803 and I've noticed that it now only shows assigned drives. [img] 109409
  5. Update bandwidth optimisation - percentage meaning

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update bandwidth optimisation - percentage meaning: Hi everybody The new Fall Creator update brings the much awaited update bandwidth management but I have a question and I could not find an answer online. The control panel allows you to set a percentage of the bandwidth - percentage of what? How does Windows know my...
  6. Windows "optimisers"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows "optimisers": Are any of them any good? Ashampoo WinOptimizer for instance? 96798
  7. Delivery Optimisation doesn't work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Delivery Optimisation doesn't work: So this HUGE update landed last week and I rolled it out to the first of my computers. It downloaded and installed boom-bang, no hesitation, no repetition, no problem. Then I started on the other two. Apparently 'Delivery Optimisation' isn't a thing. Both the other...
  8. Optimising to full potential

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Optimising to full potential: Hi everyone! I am looking for some advice to optimize my PC to its full potential. Any tips on software and hardware tweaks are welcome. My specs are listed in the bottom-left tab of this post. I also want to know if there is any limitation of performance if I have a...
  9. Calling SSD users. What does your 'Optimise' window show ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Calling SSD users. What does your 'Optimise' window show ?: I've got my SSD set to optimise daily and I'm puzzled by the results. Previously I had it set to 'weekly' and nothing seemed to happen there either. Is this a glitch in the W10 GUI ? or is the SSD firmware overriding Windows and doing its own thing. Is there any...
  10. Optimising Page File On SSHD C Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Optimising Page File On SSHD C Drive: I am wondering if my page file settings could be improved. I have 16Gbt ram. I have a 240 Gbt sshd C drive with an average of 30 Gbt free and two Hybrid drives (2T, 4T with lots of free space. I have set Windows to manage the page file (screenshot attached). I note that no...