Windows 10: optimising hdd

Discus and support optimising hdd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The pc with the old hdd would appear to be 15% fragmented so I set it to optimise and it goes through the motions of analysing, relocating and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014.

1. tinmar49 Win User

optimising hdd

The pc with the old hdd would appear to be 15% fragmented so I set it to optimise and it goes through the motions of analysing, relocating and consolidating for several passes, finishes and tells me that it is 15% fragmented. I have repeated this procedure several times without success. This is build 9879.

:)

tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014
  2. RFS_wesm Win User

Windows 10 Disk Optimisation post update from Windows 7

Recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. W10 Disk Optimisation app now sees HDD in my HP 300-1125 Touchsmart as SSD and states that 'Optimisation is not available'. No hardware changes have been made to the computer - it still has its HDD. What
    has Windows 10 update failed to do? What must I do to ensure that Optimisation app sees HDD as HDD?

RFS_wesm, Nov 16, 2014
  3. Froggyxx Win User
    Windows 10 Update changes Raid 0 HDD toSSD

USB back up disc is identified by Windows 10 as HDD but RAID0 (Stripe) SATA HDD still incorrectly listed in optimise as Solid State. TRIM is set by Windows 10 as on and no optimise for the PC.

Froggyxx, Nov 16, 2014
  4. tinmar49 Win User

optimising hdd

I opened up Mini Tool Partition Wizard to see if if had a defrag option, it did not, and I noticed 500 Mb of unallocated space so I merged it with C and when it had finished and restarted the Optimise drives showed (C*Smile----Hard disk drive----Never run----OK(0% fragmented)

tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014
Thema:

optimising hdd

1. optimising hdd - Similar Threads - optimising hdd

2. Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser: Split from this thread. Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser as my laptop clearly needs to be tidied up. I have no idea what I can do to remove all those temporary files which I think would be a good starting point. Any ideas of how I do that within...
  3. Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser: Split from this thread. Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser as my laptop clearly needs to be tidied up. I have no idea what I can do to remove all those temporary files which I think would be a good starting point. Any ideas of how I do that within...
  4. Folder optimisation keeps reverting to music

Folder optimisation keeps reverting to music: Windows keeps defaulting to the music view optimization for one of my hard drives. Since I often use things like group by type this is quite inconvenient to keep having to switch. I suspect that it might be because the drive is marked as D which was typically a disc drive in...
  5. SSD displays in optimisation windows as HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD displays in optimisation windows as HDD: HiI am concerned about windows optimisation of my primary drive, as it is incorrectly showing it as an hdd, when in fact it is an ssd.How can I adjust the display and approach windows takes to this drive?A quick search on goggle found nothing related only capacity errors, and...
  6. SSD displays in optimisation windows as HDD

SSD displays in optimisation windows as HDD: HiI am concerned about windows optimisation of my primary drive, as it is incorrectly showing it as an hdd, when in fact it is an ssd.How can I adjust the display and approach windows takes to this drive?A quick search on goggle found nothing related only capacity errors, and...
  7. SSD displays in optimisation windows as HDD

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows Optimise Drives Lists SSD as HDD. How to correct this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Optimise Drives Lists SSD as HDD. How to correct this?: I have a system with two RAIDs of SSD drives. Windows 10 Optimise Drives correctly list one as Media Type SSD. But it lists the other as HDD. This means it does not schedule a retrim on the drive but defragmentation. Microsoft does not recommend that an SSD be defragmented...
  9. Windows Optimise Drives Lists SSD as HDD. How to correct this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Optimise Drives Lists SSD as HDD. How to correct this?: I have a system with two RAIDs of SSD drives. Windows 10 Optimise Drives correctly list one as Media Type SSD. But it lists the other as HDD. This means it does not schedule a retrim on the drive but defragmentation. Microsoft does not recommend that an SSD be defragmented...
  10. Windows Optimise Drives Lists SSD as HDD. How to correct this?