Windows 10: Optimising to full potential

Discus and support Optimising to full potential in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I am looking for some advice to optimize my PC to its full potential. Any tips on software and hardware tweaks are welcome. My specs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by coolsong2, Jan 3, 2017.

1. coolsong2 Win User

Optimising to full potential

Hi everyone!

I am looking for some advice to optimize my PC to its full potential. Any tips on software and hardware tweaks are welcome. My specs are listed in the bottom-left tab of this post. I also want to know if there is any limitation of performance if I have a connection of DVI (monitor) to HDMI (graphics card).

Thanks in advance. *Smile

:)

coolsong2, Jan 3, 2017
  2. MauryR Win User

Using the 1020 camera to full potential after Denim update

Thank you so much!

MauryR, Jan 3, 2017
  3. hpholm Win User
    Using the 1020 camera to full potential after Denim update

Hi MauryR,

I understand the confusion, the advanced camera applications have been updated and renamed.

What you need to enjoy the 1020 camera is 'Lumia Camera' and 'Lumia Creative Studio'. Both are free and found in the 'Lumia Collection' in the Store, or by searching in the Store.

Lumia Camera has a guide at first use (if I recall correctly!) and built in guidance from the [ . . . ] menu.

I hope this is enough to get you started?

--

Hans

hpholm, Jan 3, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

You have a good system and beside overclocking CPU that could be next to impossible, I can't see what can be improved HW wise or necessary for now.
    In Windows, cut down to minimum of autostart programs and make sure that maximum CPU is set to 100% ( Control panel > Power management > Your power plan > Advanced settings). I have seen many set at 80% and/or less.
    Best drivers don't necessarily mean newest drivers so you could play with them.
    I like having overclockable systems, OC can prolong useful system life for a year or more.

CountMike, Jan 3, 2017
  5. coolsong2 Win User
    Thanks, I'll try overclocking it more than what I have. I was asking this because I noticed really weird framerate drops on old games like GTA IV, which I didn't even have on high or ultra settings.

coolsong2, Jan 3, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    Download the software that Asus provide for your board. They help fine tune your system.

swarfega, Jan 3, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    GTA IV is badly optimized anyway.

CountMike, Jan 3, 2017
  8. coolsong2 Win User

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. I put my CPU and GPU up 100 MHz and everything is running a bit better, I think.

coolsong2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Optimising to full potential - Similar Threads - Optimising full potential

2. Delivery Optimisation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delivery Optimisation: I checked the update and security section of my PC and noticed a category called device optimisation is enabled, I am concerned about the security risk of this setting, is it safe to keep enabled or should I disable it? I'm not sure if this could allow Microsoft related apps...
  3. windows optimisation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows optimisation: something just pops and closes when i start the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-optimisation/5b6a5ae7-b682-4e5e-9b38-cc691d8a0d68
  4. Game not using full GPU potential.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Game not using full GPU potential.: I don't quite understand the issue here. I went to revisit GTAIV : EFLC and it doesn't use very much of the RX6900XT. Max Settings only gets an average of 40fps. I turned the settings from VERY HIGH to HIGH and it made no difference. I am playing at 3840x2160 resolution. Yes,...
  5. Disabling Full Screen Optimisation on Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Full Screen Optimisation on Windows 10 20H2: Anyone figure out a way to disable Full screen optimisations in the new Windows version 20H2. The old registry files used to work on version 2004 but don't on version 20H2. (This can be confirmed by using volume up or down while in a game, if you see the volume overlay...
  6. How to get clock speed to full potential

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get clock speed to full potential: I have a friend who needs to host zoom meetings, but his cpu speed is only 1.6ghz, and he can't screen share video files--the cpu is bottlenecking and runs at 100%. So we need to increase the speed. Here are his cpu specs: Intel® Pentium® N3710 (1.6 GHz, up to 2.56 GHz, 2 MB...
  7. delivery optimisation

in Windows 10 Customization
    delivery optimisation: delivery optimisation runs in background even though I have turned off and consuming my internet data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delivery-optimisation/7e230af3-68d2-47d4-80e4-33d396709140
  8. Windows "optimisers"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows "optimisers": Are any of them any good? Ashampoo WinOptimizer for instance? 96798
  9. optimising hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optimising hdd: The pc with the old hdd would appear to be 15% fragmented so I set it to optimise and it goes through the motions of analysing, relocating and consolidating for several passes, finishes and tells me that it is 15% fragmented. I have repeated this procedure several times...
  10. Memory Optimiser

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory Optimiser: I have Windows 10 64 bit and use Office 2013 (32 bit). I have 16GB of RAM When running several workbooks, I often run out of resources. Are there any memory optimisers I can use or can someone advise me how to overcome this problem? Your assistance is most...