Windows 10: optimization for gaming

Discus and support optimization for gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How about a stripped down OS streamline for gaming or a startup setting for such a configuration? I just don't need a ton of excess services and media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MDambacher, Sep 30, 2019.

1. optimization for gaming

How about a stripped down OS streamline for gaming or a startup setting for such a configuration? I just don't need a ton of excess services and media support to play a game, it just bogs me down....

I usually just wind up killing unwanted processes but this sometimes has unexpected results.

Thanks for you help!

:)

MDambacher, Sep 30, 2019

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to run disk optimization in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to optimize the drive?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to use Administrator account to perform Optimization and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Go to Search, type services.msc and hit Enter

• Make sure that following services are set to Automatic:

• Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

• DCOM Server Process Launcher.

• RPC Endpoint Mapper.

And also refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Sep 30, 2019
  4. optimization for gaming

optimization not available

Hi Brock,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

I suggest you to start the Optimize drives Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for Optimize drives Service.
    • Double click on Optimize drives Service and click on
      Start
      button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 help & how-to.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

optimization for gaming

1. optimization for gaming - Similar Threads - optimization gaming

2. Which program would be better for optimizing games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which program would be better for optimizing games?: I recently got a Dell G7 15 gaming laptop (model 7588, i9 core) and since it came with 3 different applications that offer game optimization, I wanted to ensure which one would provide the best performance. I currently own 4 games: Overwatch, Paladins, Minecraft and Destiny...
  3. windows 10 optimization for gaming???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 optimization for gaming???: hello I come across a guide to change the registry in windows 10 for gaming optimization like this one I wondering if the guide actually do anything or is just a waste of time?!...
  4. Gaming : optimizing experience

Gaming : optimizing experience: Dear support team, I contact you as I would like to opitmize my gaming experience on Fortnite. Due to slowness, I have just rebooted my laptop. (It used to work quite well) Should I reinstall graphic Drivers or other drivers ? What can I do to increase the speed of the...
  5. game crushing after doing disk optimizations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game crushing after doing disk optimizations: Before I do disk optimizations all my games worked perfectly but yesterday I do disk optimizations to get my pc run faster .after task complete, I try to run gta v but it keep crushing. And Crash Bandicoot . If I reinstall windows 10 The games will run without any...
  6. How to configure my decent/pretty good PC for OPTIMAL gaming performan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to configure my decent/pretty good PC for OPTIMAL gaming performan: I have a decent PC - see below for specs Intel i7-7700 (non-k) 3.6ghz 32gb ram geforce nvidia 1080ti turbo Samsung 970 evo m2 SSD Alienware 25" 240hz refresh rate monitor Win 10 Pro for WOrkstation 1809+ Thanks guys Can someone point me in the direction of a badass way...
  7. windows 10 gaming optimization?

windows 10 gaming optimization?: I'm looking for an effective guide to specifically optimize my windows 10 for gaming yeah I try to google for it but everything I can find is windows 10 gaming optimization software full of malware and others crap...
  8. Resolution in the game is not optimal 3840x1080

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution in the game is not optimal 3840x1080: Hello everyone, I just played NFS Payback from the origin with specifications: -1080Ti -Samsung Monitor CHG90 (49", 32:9 , 3840x1080) The problem is the resolution is not optimal, if I play at the highest resolution (3840 x 1080), the image will be truncated, and not fit....
  9. Windows Cursor Appearing Mid-Game, Freezing my battery icon, optimal resolution dialogue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Cursor Appearing Mid-Game, Freezing my battery icon, optimal resolution dialogue...: So i have had this issue for a while now, the windows cursor appears in middle of the game causing me to go back to the main menu and making it impossible to play certain game. So far I've faced this issue for a few games like Vampyr, Phantom Doctrine, The Hunter Call of the...
  10. Dual Storage Gaming Laptops HDD+SSD Optimal Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Storage Gaming Laptops HDD+SSD Optimal Settings: So I just got myself a Lenovo Legion gaming laptop , I am costumed to Lenovo adopting Hybrid HDDs where there is an on board SSD that automatically stores a copy of fast accessed files so to deliver them fast enough . This was sort of Brainless , however in this new setups...