Windows 10: optimize disk error

Discus and support optimize disk error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; any fix ? i tried sfc /scannow and dism restore health.... and still have the problem [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 3bdulhNaBiL, Aug 14, 2020.

1. optimize disk error

any fix ? i tried sfc /scannow and dism restore health.... and still have the problem

optimize disk error fb25a9b4-cc2b-4fed-9e07-bede1fb5963a?upload=true.png

:)

3bdulhNaBiL, Aug 14, 2020

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to run disk optimization in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to optimize the drive?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to use Administrator account to perform Optimization and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Go to Search, type services.msc and hit Enter

• Make sure that following services are set to Automatic:

• Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

• DCOM Server Process Launcher.

• RPC Endpoint Mapper.

And also refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Aug 14, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

optimize disk error

disk optimizing

Hi fussy063, the System Reserved Partition does not need to be optimized, it is managed and maintained by Windows.

If you are using Norton's to optimize your disk(s), remove that partition from the list of partitions to be optimized and everything will be Okay.

DaveM121, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

optimize disk error

1. optimize disk error - Similar Threads - optimize disk error

2. Norton 360 for gamers disk optimize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norton 360 for gamers disk optimize: Hello, All my storage are ssds and I used nortons disk optimize and I'm afraid that using it might damage my ssd because i don't know if nortons disk optimize uses its own or goes off of windows disk optimize because I know you're not suppose to defrag a ssd but I'm hoping...
  3. Norton 360 for gamers disk optimize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Norton 360 for gamers disk optimize: Hello, All my storage are ssds and I used nortons disk optimize and I'm afraid that using it might damage my ssd because i don't know if nortons disk optimize uses its own or goes off of windows disk optimize because I know you're not suppose to defrag a ssd but I'm hoping...
  4. Disk optimization setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk optimization setting: How to reset my Disk optimization setting to default.. My laptop working to slow and told me that's a way to make it works more faster. submitted by /u/alimuftah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfmhbk/disk_optimization_setting/
  5. optimize disk error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    optimize disk error: [ATTACH] plz help i tried this sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth but still have this problem any fix ? note: i disabled this [ATTACH]...
  6. What does optimize disk do?

What does optimize disk do?: Optimize and TRIM With hard drives, Optimize will do a minor defrag or file system check; with SSDs it forces the TRIM command.. Trimming erases cells and blocks of NAND that no longer contain data, and consolidates data into fewer locations Ok but what does that mean? Is...
  7. Disk Optimization Turns Off...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Optimization Turns Off...: I usually have Disk Optimization (Defrag) set to run automatically on a daily basis as I have a couple of data backup drives that are getting rather full (around 60%). It appears that after every Auto Updated CU, the auto setting gets turned off and I have to go through...
  8. optimizing hard disk drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    optimizing hard disk drive: I am able to optimize the windows (c) hard disk drive with the utility in the control panel. It does not work with the system hard disk drive which is 100% fragmented. Is this a problem and how do I fix it? I sometimes experience a momentary blue screen when computer exits...
  9. Optimizing USB disk shared via NAS

Optimizing USB disk shared via NAS: I've got a 1.5 TB Samsung Story Station Plus Connected to a Netgear Readynas Ultra 4 using USB 2 (606 GB used, some 129K files in 9600 folders). It is powered by external PS. The drive is shared using Netgear's software. After adding quite a lot of new files to the drive...
  10. Windows disk defragmenting and optimizing!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows disk defragmenting and optimizing!: I really think MS should come up with a better way to put these two Disk Defragmenting and Optimizing into they're own seperate location that is meant for the different drive that users have on they're computer like put the Disk Defragmantation in the Hard disk drive location...