Windows 10: Optimize drive

Discus and support Optimize drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to optimize my system drive, but I can't do it from Windows defrag and optimize drives. I want to do this from admin command prompt. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JBE357, Feb 24, 2019.

1. JBE357 Win User

Optimize drive

I am trying to optimize my system drive, but I can't do it from Windows defrag and optimize drives. I want to do this from admin command prompt. How do I get to admin command prompt?

:)

JBE357, Feb 24, 2019

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Optime Drive - Doesn't Recognize External Hard Drive

When I Select "Defragment and Optimize Drives" my external USB 3.0 hard drive is not among the drives listed that can be analyzed or optimized. The reply to another similar post suggested reading and following the recommendations in a separate
    article "Optimize Windows for better performance" which I did but found no useful information there. Any other suggestions
    or alternatives?

RonKockler, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Optimize drive

defrag and optimize drives

When I go to defrag & optimize drives one of the drives that is listed as "needs optimization" (12% fragmented) is listed as //?/Volume(a27a9b76-0000-0000-0000-40d6e5000000)/ Can I or should I ignore this?

GaryEdelstein, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Optimize drive

1. Optimize drive - Similar Threads - Optimize drive

2. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  3. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  4. How do I get my D drive to be listed on Defragment and Optimize Drives?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get my D drive to be listed on Defragment and Optimize Drives?: Lately I have been experiencing trouble with my D drive. Some programs installed have not been working. I decided to run an Error Check on my D drive to see if there were any problems. Unfortunately, the problem was unresolved, and I encountered a new problem. Every time I...
  5. How do I get my D drive to be listed on Defragment and Optimize Drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my D drive to be listed on Defragment and Optimize Drives?: Lately I have been experiencing trouble with my D drive. Some programs installed have not been working. I decided to run an Error Check on my D drive to see if there were any problems. Unfortunately, the problem was unresolved, and I encountered a new problem. Every time I...
  6. How do I get my D drive to be listed on Defragment and Optimize Drives?

7. Does Windows 10 Disk Clean Up or Defragment and Optimize Drives Delete or Impact My Music...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 10 Disk Clean Up or Defragment and Optimize Drives Delete or Impact My Music...: As the title states: Does Windows 10 Disk Clean Up or Defragment and Optimize Drives delete or impact my music files and folders and any other personal files and folders? I assume the answer is "No." But just to be safe, I thought I would ask. I am currently doing some checks...
  8. Does Windows 10 Disk Clean Up or Defragment and Optimize Drives Delete or Impact My Music...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does Windows 10 Disk Clean Up or Defragment and Optimize Drives Delete or Impact My Music...: As the title states: Does Windows 10 Disk Clean Up or Defragment and Optimize Drives delete or impact my music files and folders and any other personal files and folders? I assume the answer is "No." But just to be safe, I thought I would ask. I am currently doing some checks...
  9. Does Windows 10 Disk Clean Up or Defragment and Optimize Drives Delete or Impact My Music...

10. Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives: Hi,I have an issue my C ssd windows and programs and E drives recovery a partition of the hard disk drive that normally shows up as D show up in optimize drives but my D internal storage disk and F external drive don't show up.They are both available in file explorer and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. optimize drive