Windows 10: [Optimize Drives] feature -- changed behavior after update

Discus and support [Optimize Drives] feature -- changed behavior after update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Under previous versions of Windows, the [Optimize Drives] feature would report how many days had passed since the last analysis or optimization.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrianBrazill, Jun 5, 2020.

1. [Optimize Drives] feature -- changed behavior after update

Under previous versions of Windows, the [Optimize Drives] feature would report how many days had passed since the last analysis or optimization. Occasionally, with a new update, this counter "Last Analyzed or Optimized" would reset to "Never Run" and then would behave normally going forward. After the most recent update the other day, however, I find that this field now resets to "Never Run" with *every reboot*, regardless of how recently it was run. It seems less useful that way.

[Optimize Drives] feature -- changed behavior after update e8911c9b-1977-4140-b18c-887ff2ed7bbe?upload=true.png [Optimize Drives] feature -- changed behavior after update bbaab657-cec2-4373-ba2b-72b166c39949?upload=true.png

:)

BrianBrazill, Jun 5, 2020

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Optime Drive - Doesn't Recognize External Hard Drive

When I Select "Defragment and Optimize Drives" my external USB 3.0 hard drive is not among the drives listed that can be analyzed or optimized. The reply to another similar post suggested reading and following the recommendations in a separate
    article "Optimize Windows for better performance" which I did but found no useful information there. Any other suggestions
    or alternatives?

RonKockler, Jun 5, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

[Optimize Drives] feature -- changed behavior after update

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

[Optimize Drives] feature -- changed behavior after update

1. [Optimize Drives] feature -- changed behavior after update - Similar Threads - Optimize Drives feature

2. Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?: I've been getting the Windows Spotlight background images for a very long time, but I've recently seen a change in the behavior of this feature. For one, I now see the "like what you see" question posed for the same picture multiple times. It used to be that when I responded...
  3. Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?: I've been getting the Windows Spotlight background images for a very long time, but I've recently seen a change in the behavior of this feature. For one, I now see the "like what you see" question posed for the same picture multiple times. It used to be that when I responded...
  4. Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. click-and-select behavior change after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    click-and-select behavior change after Windows update: click-and-select behavior change after Windows update. For example, firstly selecting some text on any text editor, then while selecting something, you could select another text content with pressing ctrl while selecting the new one. Basically this featuring enabled you...
  6. Window update and issues regarding optimal features.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window update and issues regarding optimal features.: Hi, Can someone tells me on how to force stop a window update in progress? Besides, I have also faced a problem regarding the optimal features where all the downloading features neither can be cancelled and they have stop proceeding as shown below. Thank in advance....
  7. New 1809 Feature Update Changed Edge Flash Behavior

in Browsers and Email
    New 1809 Feature Update Changed Edge Flash Behavior: Just updated to 1809 build 17763.1. Now in Edge, enabling Flash for a web site doesn't persist after closing the page as it did before the update. The option "Allow Once" is the only option available -- "Always Allow" is not shown -- so every time you open a site you must...
  8. New 1809 Feature Update Changed Edge Flash Behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    New 1809 Feature Update Changed Edge Flash Behavior: Just updated to 1809 build 17763.1. Now in Edge, enabling Flash for a web site doesn't persist after closing the page as it did before the update. The option "Allow Once" is the only option available -- "Always Allow" is not shown -- so every time you open a site you must...
  9. Weird behavior after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird behavior after update: I had a recent update of win10. After that everything is ok except when I launch applications a small window with an html file open with the buttons save and open. If I open they open in the browser but nothing happen if I save them the same because the message is till...
  10. Change Delivery Optimization Cache Drive for Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Delivery Optimization Cache Drive for Updates in Windows 10: How to: Change Delivery Optimization Cache Drive for Updates in Windows 10 How to Change Delivery Optimization Cache Drive for Windows and Store App Updates in Windows 10 Windows Update Delivery Optimization lets you get Windows and Store app updates from sources in...