Windows 10: Optimize Drives Not Occurring on Set Schedule

Discus and support Optimize Drives Not Occurring on Set Schedule in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Optimize Drives set to a monthly schedule. However, I noticed this morning that it has been 32 days since the last optimization and it reads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Da Hokester, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Optimize Drives Not Occurring on Set Schedule

I have Optimize Drives set to a monthly schedule. However, I noticed this morning that it has been 32 days since the last optimization and it reads "Needs Optimization." I performed a manual optimization. This utility was broke for a long time until Microsoft fixed it with a recent update. Prior to the update, the tool indicated that optimization was needed after each reboot. I'm glad that issue was resolved but now there is this new issue. Has anyone else noticed that automatic optimizations are not occurring on set schedules? Thanks in advance.

:)

Da Hokester, Oct 11, 2020

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

NO I do not leave my computer on FULL TIME. I am UP TO 30 OPTIMIZE and then it reads 15 Defragment. Can I run my computer at all while it OPTIMIZES if it ever does. ASKING FOR HELP IN WINDOWS 10 is TERRIBLE. MY COMPUTER ALWAYS TELLS ME IT DID NOT CLOSE
    DOWN CORRECTLY THOUGH I FOLLOW YOUR RECCOMENDATIONS. I SO MISS WINDOWS 7. WINDOWS 10 has been NOTHING BUT A HEAD ACHE !!!!

Penelope JPatrick, Oct 11, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Optimize Drives Not Occurring on Set Schedule

dalchina, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Optimize Drives Not Occurring on Set Schedule

1. Optimize Drives Not Occurring on Set Schedule - Similar Threads - Optimize Drives Occurring

2. Optimize drive schedule is set but never runs consistently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optimize drive schedule is set but never runs consistently: I practically have the same issue as this post from 8 years ago Yes, EIGHT YEARS AGO.... Let me describe my situation: I have Optimize Drives TRIM as they have been by default set to run weekly, with the setting increase task priority also checked for my SSDs Nevertheless,...
  3. Optimize drive schedule is set but never runs consistently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optimize drive schedule is set but never runs consistently: I practically have the same issue as this post from 8 years ago Yes, EIGHT YEARS AGO.... Let me describe my situation: I have Optimize Drives TRIM as they have been by default set to run weekly, with the setting increase task priority also checked for my SSDs Nevertheless,...
  4. Optimize drive schedule is set but never runs consistently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 & Optimize Drives schedule

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 & Optimize Drives schedule: Hello, I'm using Windows 10 version 1909, OS build 18363.900 - latest available for my PC, which is installed on a Kingston A400 SSD. As well known, the SSD needs to be trimmed optimized weekly. Windows have that Optimize Drives tool the old Defragmenter which can do this....
  6. The schedule in Optimize drives never works

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The schedule in Optimize drives never works: Hello! I've set it to optimize or trim my SSD everyday and increase priority if three consecutive scheduled runs are missed but it never optimizes it. It just plain doesn't work. It's been like this for years and I never can get it working how come? Running version 1909....
  7. Defragment and Optimize Drives & Task scheduler not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defragment and Optimize Drives & Task scheduler not working.: I want to defrag my drives but I get an error every time I start up the defragment service. The error I am getting is "Storage optimization cannot start because the task scheduler service is not running. Start the task scheduler service and try again.". And when I start the...
  8. Drive Optimize Scheduler not working

Drive Optimize Scheduler not working: As you can see from my printscreen scheduler isn't working. Sometimes it goes up to 40 days last run, I have to do it manually every single time I remember doing it. Windows 10 has NEVER done automatic trimming/defragging on any drive. Anyone have a similar issue?...
  9. How do I set the TIME of Optimize Drives schedule

How do I set the TIME of Optimize Drives schedule: I am setting my Optimization (defrag) schedule to "Run on a schedule (recommended)", Frequency: Weekly and I checked "Notify me if three consecutive schedule runs are missed". Questions: 1. How to do I set the time of the optimization run? I don't want it to run while...
  10. Change Optimize Drives Schedule Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Optimize Drives Schedule Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Optimize Drives Schedule Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Schedule Settings for Optimize Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information One of the best ways you can improve your PC's performance is by optimizing the drive. Windows includes features to help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scheduled drive optimization not working fix