Windows 10: optimize this folder does not save changes

Discus and support optimize this folder does not save changes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem with: What kind of folder do you want? Optimize this folder for: I change the drop down from 'General items' to 'Video', click Apply,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Teddy728, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Teddy728 Win User

optimize this folder does not save changes

I have a problem with: What kind of folder do you want? Optimize this folder for:

I change the drop down from 'General items' to 'Video', click Apply, then ok.

when i open the folder, it still show my General settings. I double check properties and it reverted back to General.

I am using Windows 10. help!

:)

Teddy728, Mar 10, 2020

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Mar 10, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Mar 10, 2020
  4. optimize this folder does not save changes

Unable to change folder name

Hi,

It is unusual that the folder name gets changed to "document" automatically during the backup.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if the issue persists.

1. Create the new folder, right click on it and select "properties".

2. Click "customize".

3. Under "optimize this folder for", select "general items" and also make sure to check the"also apply this template to all subfolder" option and save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

optimize this folder does not save changes

1. optimize this folder does not save changes - Similar Threads - optimize folder does

2. Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder: This problem just started when Microsoft Photos updated in 2023. When I open a photo, edit it, and then click "save as", it wants to save in the last folder where I was working previously. I want it to go back to how it used to be and when you click "save as" , it saves into...
  3. How Do I Change the Default "Optimized Folder For" When Creating a New Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Change the Default "Optimized Folder For" When Creating a New Folder?: Whenever I use the context menu to create a "New folder" on my desktop New > Folder, the folder is always optimized when created for "Videos" New Folder > Properties > Customize > What kind of folder do you want?. I would like to change this default, automatic customization...
  4. Unable to change folder Optimization for file types

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change folder Optimization for file types: I have a folder that shows columns for music type files. I select properties - customize - optimize this folder for documents - OK, but nothing changes. If I change the name of the folder I am able to optimize for various types but if I change the name of the folder back to...
  5. delivery optimization folder

delivery optimization folder: Hi,, This folder called "Delivery optimization" keeps showing up on my desktop. Its and empty folder but it just keeps coming back no matter how many times i delete it. Ive tried just moving it to a folder but then another one just appears randomly on the desktop. Why cant i...
  6. Change Default Folder in "Save As" Window

Change Default Folder in "Save As" Window: [ATTACH] Currently save as dialog opens to “This PC” and a Domain Folder on a VPN Network which I rarely work on. Because I don’t normally connect to these folders it goes looking for them and takes a long time to determine that they are not there. I would like it to open...
  7. Where does windows save the defrag and optimize drives Last ran data?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where does windows save the defrag and optimize drives Last ran data?: So i keep ended up with a barren window that says "never ran" for all my drives. I'd love to be able to keep track/keep an eye on this data. I use ccleaner when i feel the urge, and i imagine something I have checked in there is purging the data, i just dont know what :P...
  8. Apply folder optimization template to multiple selected folders DOES NOT WORK.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apply folder optimization template to multiple selected folders DOES NOT WORK.: Title. When I do it on a single folder it works, when I select multiple folders and try the same thing, nothing happens. submitted by /u/TeaCrab131 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e4ktny/apply_folder_optimization_template_to_multiple/
  9. How do I change the folder optimization settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the folder optimization settings?: Hey all, I've been using the tutorials and tips here for a bit now, but I've run into a problem I can't seem to find anywhere. I use List view to help me sort music. However, my folders are spread across different drives, so I have to use a library to organize them all...
  10. Windows Fax & Scan - Change Save Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax & Scan - Change Save Folder?: I want Windows Fax & Scan to save scans to a folder of my choosing. Can this be done since I don't see an option from the program menu? 80194