Windows 10: Optimize-Vhd Not Found in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Optimize-Vhd Not Found in Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My operating system is Windows 10 Home build 19041.388 I have a large vhdx disk in my file system and I want to release it's disk space back to host... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by [NOWAY], Jul 31, 2020.

1. [NOWAY] Win User

Optimize-Vhd Not Found in Windows 10 Home

My operating system is Windows 10 Home build 19041.388

I have a large vhdx disk in my file system and I want to release it's disk space back to host OS

And I run this command in Powershell prompt

optimize-vhd -Path .\ext4.vhdx -Mode full

but it returned

Optimize-Vhd : The term 'Optimize-Vhd' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet,

function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if

a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

Did some searches but nothing helps

So I wonder if this command is not available to Home edition and I have to upgrade to Pro edition to use it?

:)

[NOWAY], Jul 31, 2020

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

NO I do not leave my computer on FULL TIME. I am UP TO 30 OPTIMIZE and then it reads 15 Defragment. Can I run my computer at all while it OPTIMIZES if it ever does. ASKING FOR HELP IN WINDOWS 10 is TERRIBLE. MY COMPUTER ALWAYS TELLS ME IT DID NOT CLOSE
    DOWN CORRECTLY THOUGH I FOLLOW YOUR RECCOMENDATIONS. I SO MISS WINDOWS 7. WINDOWS 10 has been NOTHING BUT A HEAD ACHE !!!!

Penelope JPatrick, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Optimize-Vhd Not Found in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Optimize Vhd Found

2. Windows 11 VHD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 VHD: For Google Cloud you guys may not be a fan, but my Azure credit ran out, and Google offered me some, you need a VHD or a VMDK image file.I see Microsoft support VHD for the Windows Server editions, but I just want your standard old Windows 11, if thats not possible, Windows...
  3. Windows 11 VHD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 VHD: For Google Cloud you guys may not be a fan, but my Azure credit ran out, and Google offered me some, you need a VHD or a VMDK image file.I see Microsoft support VHD for the Windows Server editions, but I just want your standard old Windows 11, if thats not possible, Windows...
  4. Vhd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vhd: How do I convert back from a vhd after I made it I realized I do not need it and it's taking up a lot of my storage space how do I flip it back into physical storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhd/21a5eb1e-18bf-4f96-88c4-0d7a95ab3a73
  5. Delivery Optimization folder isn't there / Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delivery Optimization folder isn't there / Windows 10 home: I had to install the gpedit.msc since my system didn't had it but well i want to change my download speed for the Xbox Beta app because it downloads at terrible slow speeds My net speed is 100Mbps, which is usually up to 12mb/s download so, i installed gpedit.msc everything...
  6. windows 10 bitlocker vhd connection error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 bitlocker vhd connection error: Hello. I'm using two physical hard drives encrypted with bitlocker as FDEfull disk encryption. And I have one virtual hard drive encrypted with bitlocker in one of the two drives like below. C:\ // bitlocker FDE, OS installed, Windows 10 Pro 1903 64-bit D:\ //...
  7. VHD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VHD: just a small question. can i delete a vhd after i hv mounted it permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhd/deab598a-d7fe-4c5c-ace2-91003242d580
  8. Bootable VHD's possible in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Bootable VHD's possible in Windows 10 Pro?: Can't seem to find an answer to this online... I can make a bootable VHD of Win 10 in Win 7 but nobody seems to speak up about making a bootable VHD of previous Windows versions in Win 10... Anyone know if it's possible? Cheers Looks like it is possible:...
  9. Print Management Not Found in Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Management Not Found in Windows 10 Home Edition: Hi Guys, Firstly, my apologies if I've posted this in the wrong channel, I thought this is the most appropriate one for my query, which is about Print Management (printmanagement.msc). My Acer Aspire AX3950 64-bit runs the Windows 10 Home edition, upgraded and clean...
  10. Windows 10 optimization

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 optimization: Hi, I'm not having any notable issues, but I have a question for a little bit more experienced users. I've recently upgraded ram from 2 GB to 16 GB and installed a ssd which is awesome, but I don't have the best CPU in the world. So, I was wondering is there anyway I can...