Windows 10: Optimizing battery life on a Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Optimizing battery life on a Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just like the topic says, how do I do this??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RyanGauder, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Optimizing battery life on a Windows 10 laptop

Just like the topic says, how do I do this??

:)

RyanGauder, Nov 4, 2020
  2. coukou Win User

Optimize Battery Life on Windows 10 PC  

Hello, In order to optimize the battery life of my laptop, I want to configure it to 80% as the maximum load.
    How do I manage that Power Throttling to 80% on Windows 10? Otherwise, what utility do you recommend?
    Regards ,

coukou, Nov 4, 2020
  3. coukou Win User

TNX Brink for yr reply and sorry for the delay.
    My meaning is about the battery itself, nothing to do with the processor.

In today's mobile world, most batteries in use today are lithium-ion (it's my case). So, battery life is precious. To extend this battery life, it is recommended to not fully charge (100%) or to discharge them completely either.
    So, I'm looking for how to manage that Power Throttling (battery charge) to 80% on Windows 10? Otherwise, what utility do you recommend? I heard about IBM Power Manager that enable that limitation but I can't find it.
    Regards

coukou, Nov 4, 2020
  4. coukou Win User

Optimizing battery life on a Windows 10 laptop

TNX Brink for yr reply and sorry for the delay.
    My meaning is about the battery itself, nothing to do with the processor.

In today's mobile world, most batteries in use today are lithium-ion (it's my case). So, battery life is precious. To extend this battery life, it is recommended to not fully charge (100%) or to discharge them completely either.
    So, I'm looking for how to manage that Power Throttling (battery charge) to 80% on Windows 10? Otherwise, what utility do you recommend? I heard about IBM Power Manager that enable that limitation but I can't find it.
    Regards

coukou, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Optimizing battery life on a Windows 10 laptop

1. Optimizing battery life on a Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Optimizing battery life

2. Optimizing Battery Life on Lenovo Legion Slim 5 Gen 8 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optimizing Battery Life on Lenovo Legion Slim 5 Gen 8 Laptop: So I recently purchased a Lenovo Legion Slim 5 Gen 8 laptop with a Ryzen 7 7840HS processor and an RTX 4060 graphics card. While the battery life is already respectable, I want to maximize it as much as possible for college to avoid carrying around an extra USB-C charger.Here...
  3. Optimizing Battery Life on Lenovo Legion Slim 5 Gen 8 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optimizing Battery Life on Lenovo Legion Slim 5 Gen 8 Laptop: So I recently purchased a Lenovo Legion Slim 5 Gen 8 laptop with a Ryzen 7 7840HS processor and an RTX 4060 graphics card. While the battery life is already respectable, I want to maximize it as much as possible for college to avoid carrying around an extra USB-C charger.Here...
  4. Laptop battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery life: My laptop stays always stay at around 28%. How can I move it higher up so that it will last longer without the power cord ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-life/5e177013-db27-417b-b84b-b9a71ae490a6
  5. laptop battery life

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop battery life: If I am using my laptop mostly as a desktop, will it hurt my battery's overall lifetime if I leave it plugged in almost continuously? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-life/aafec315-5acc-4837-b7f4-8671c54841c7
  6. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  7. battery life and optimization

battery life and optimization: 1. what are the best settings for battery optimization? 2. why does my battery die when I have the computer plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life-and-optimization/543cc120-d6a3-451a-ac37-e0c6ba374cd4
  8. Optimize Battery Life on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize Battery Life on Windows 10 PC: How to: Optimize Battery Life on Windows 10 PC How to Optimize Battery Life on Windows 10 PC This tutorial will provide you with a list of suggestions to help optimize, extend, and improve the battery life on your Windows 10 laptop or tablet. You can pick and choose...
  9. Battery life with windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery life with windows 10: Initially battery life increased for my laptop ASUS S400CA from 2:35 to 3:35. Now it has come down to 2:30. In between I changed battery saver from 100 to 60. Now again I changed to 100. Still battery life is going down. I would like to know about other users exp. Any...
  10. Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Windows 10: How to: Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Windows 10 [img] Information When watching movies and videos on battery power in Windows 10, you can select to optimize for battery life or video quality. When set to optimize for battery life on devices...