Windows 10: Optimizing Windows 10 speed for industrial application

Discus and support Optimizing Windows 10 speed for industrial application in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We are using a Windows 10 single-board computer called a LattePanda to control an instrument to make scientific measurements. Speed of the computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by phoojoe, Dec 16, 2020.

1. phoojoe Win User

Optimizing Windows 10 speed for industrial application

We are using a Windows 10 single-board computer called a LattePanda to control an instrument to make scientific measurements. Speed of the computer is important to us. There are times when Windows 10 programs like Antimalware Service Executable and Windows Modules Installer are using RAM and processor time and slowing the computer down. In general, we'd like to strip it down to the bare minimum for the fastest speed. Are there steps to do this?

Or would we be better off using Windows 10 IoT Core?

Thanks.

:)

phoojoe, Dec 16, 2020

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

NO I do not leave my computer on FULL TIME. I am UP TO 30 OPTIMIZE and then it reads 15 Defragment. Can I run my computer at all while it OPTIMIZES if it ever does. ASKING FOR HELP IN WINDOWS 10 is TERRIBLE. MY COMPUTER ALWAYS TELLS ME IT DID NOT CLOSE
    DOWN CORRECTLY THOUGH I FOLLOW YOUR RECCOMENDATIONS. I SO MISS WINDOWS 7. WINDOWS 10 has been NOTHING BUT A HEAD ACHE !!!!

Penelope JPatrick, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Optimizing Windows 10 speed for industrial application - Similar Threads - Optimizing speed industrial

2. Install Windows 10 on industrial device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 10 on industrial device: I am from Hydrocarbon/Oil refinery industry, India. We are having Windows 7 operating system on HP Z420 workstation for industrial DCS operations. Due to rapid software changes in Microsoft, we are facing dilemmas1. Can we load Windows 10 LTSC in existing HP Z420...
  3. Install Windows 10 on industrial device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Windows 10 on industrial device: I am from Hydrocarbon/Oil refinery industry, India. We are having Windows 7 operating system on HP Z420 workstation for industrial DCS operations. Due to rapid software changes in Microsoft, we are facing dilemmas1. Can we load Windows 10 LTSC in existing HP Z420...
  4. Windows 10 Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Delivery optimization: I am using windows 10 single language home 10.0.19042 and system uses bunch of data like 1 GB data in few seconds and I tried e[ATTACH]very thing to stop it and This the only thing in windows annoys me a lot because I have limit data pack....
  5. Windows 10 pro optimization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pro optimization: How can I optimize my primary raid drives when "optimization not available" is shown? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-optimization/1263df21-f9cd-4872-b8b0-63c14deadea6
  6. update windows embedded 8.1 industry pro to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update windows embedded 8.1 industry pro to windows 10: hello, I have a problem with updating windows embedded 8.1 industry pro to windows 10 without losing my activation key. Is there a solution or a future update?...
  7. Is it possible to speed up an application?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to speed up an application?: Hi! I'm a communications technician and I've got a radio programming application that is slow, slow, SLOW! When I run it in an XP virtual machine (long story) it is lightning quick. I uninstalled the app and removed all references to it in the registry. Cleared the...
  8. No optimization in Windows 10? Help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No optimization in Windows 10? Help: [img] how can u fix this problrm? 37106
  9. Windows 10 optimization

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 optimization: Hi, I'm not having any notable issues, but I have a question for a little bit more experienced users. I've recently upgraded ram from 2 GB to 16 GB and installed a ssd which is awesome, but I don't have the best CPU in the world. So, I was wondering is there anyway I can...
  10. Optimize Performance of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize Performance of Windows 10: How to: Optimize Performance of Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will provide you with a list of suggestions to help optimize, speed up, and improve the performance of Windows 10. You can pick and choose which listed suggestions you would like to do, or feel...