Windows 10: Option for launching apps in a new Virtual Desktop

Discus and support Option for launching apps in a new Virtual Desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, is there an option or toggle somewhere to open apps in a new virtual desktop? Followup, is it possible to set the start position for the command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by notrequired2, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Option for launching apps in a new Virtual Desktop

Hi, is there an option or toggle somewhere to open apps in a new virtual desktop?

Followup, is it possible to set the start position for the command line window on a specific screen or a specific virtual desktop?

:)

notrequired2, Aug 1, 2018

2. Can't add new virtual desktop

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know about this.

In PC, you can use the below shortcut keys:

• "Ctrl" + "Windows" + "D" - creates new virtual desktop.
    • "Ctrl" + "Windows" + "F4" - deletes current virtual desktop.
    • "Ctrl" + "Windows" + "Left/Right" - to navigate between the virtual desktop.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 1, 2018
  3. How to open app on another virtual desktop?

Hi Radim,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if virtual desktop or task view option is not enabled.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enable virtual desktop on the computer.

The virtual desktops feature in Windows 10 is known as “Task View” and is located on the Taskbar. Clicking the “Task View” button brings up the Task View interface, where you can see your open windows on virtual desktops which you have added.

To enable task view option on the taskbar.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Show task view button.

3. Then it will be available on the task bar next to the Search bar.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using virtual desktop, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Derty Win User

Option for launching apps in a new Virtual Desktop

Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops

Hi, I have a problem with W10 virtual desktops.

I'll explain it step by step :

Go to virtual desktop 1
    Open full windowed Chrome
    Go to virtual desktop 2
    Open two different full windowed excels
    Hit windows-tab

And you end up in this mess i'm attaching as a screenshot.

If you click on destktop 3 icon, you'll be there, but excel will be shown, full windowed, as if you were on desktop 2.
    If you then minimize it, it goes to the desktop 2 taskbar.

If you click on desktop 1 icon, you'll get there, but excels will be shown instead of Chrome. If you put the mouse over desktop 1 icon and then click Chrome above virtual desktops, you'll get to desktop 1 with Chrome being shown as normal.

If you close one of the two excels, virtual desktops works again as expected.

What can I test to solve this mess?

Thanx a lot, I've been expecting a fix in every new compilation, with no luck.

César

Derty, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Option for launching apps in a new Virtual Desktop

1. Option for launching apps in a new Virtual Desktop - Similar Threads - Option launching apps

2. Opening app in a virtual desktop takes me to another virtual desktop where the app is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening app in a virtual desktop takes me to another virtual desktop where the app is...: Hi,So I have several virtual desktops running on my desktop. When I start up an app such as MS Word or Adobe it will take me to the virtual desktop where an instance of this is already running.That is really not wanted behavior as I want the app to run in the specific virtual...
  3. Opening app in a virtual desktop takes me to another virtual desktop where the app is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening app in a virtual desktop takes me to another virtual desktop where the app is...: Hi,So I have several virtual desktops running on my desktop. When I start up an app such as MS Word or Adobe it will take me to the virtual desktop where an instance of this is already running.That is really not wanted behavior as I want the app to run in the specific virtual...
  4. Opening app in a virtual desktop takes me to another virtual desktop where the app is...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops: Hi all,I am having an Issue on my Intel NUC running Windows 10 Pro. Some applications that I try to launch e.g. Task manager, google chrome, will launch successfully but on unlisted desktops. I thought task Manager was broken initially, but I saw this problem when accessing...
  6. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops: Hi all,I am having an Issue on my Intel NUC running Windows 10 Pro. Some applications that I try to launch e.g. Task manager, google chrome, will launch successfully but on unlisted desktops. I thought task Manager was broken initially, but I saw this problem when accessing...
  7. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

8. Virtual Desktop Option with Separate Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Desktop Option with Separate Shortcuts: I tried out the Task View that is built into Windows 10 to see if it would help me with separating my desktop view for the different tasks that I use my desktop for. Unfortunately it appears that it keeps the same Desktop but just organizes running applications. Outside of...
  9. Keep virtual desktop apps from launching windows in other desktops?

Keep virtual desktop apps from launching windows in other desktops?: In Windows 7's virtual desktops Desktops v2.0, SysInternals when an application running in a virtual desktop launched new applications such as a console app launching a web browser, they would open in that specific virtual desktop and stay away from my "original" desktop. In...
  10. Option to maximize window to new virtual desktop

Option to maximize window to new virtual desktop: Option to maximize a window to a new virtual desktop One feature request I have is to maximize a window and have it sent to a new virtual desktop. Once that window is closed the virtual desktop is destroyed. This could be implemented with two features: 1 Add an option...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. launch apps to a new virtual desktop