Windows 10: Option for recovery from system backup in start menu and more

Discus and support Option for recovery from system backup in start menu and more in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello! First, please excuse me for my poor english - it's not my mother language! I will make my PC dual boot with windows 10 and 7 and I have an idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by render1967, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Option for recovery from system backup in start menu and more

Hello!
    First, please excuse me for my poor english - it's not my mother language!
    I will make my PC dual boot with windows 10 and 7 and I have an idea – is it possible to make full system drive backup (with activation, all drivers, apps, system and apps settings) on separate partition and put option for recovery from it in start menu? And is it possible to make this partition invisible in windows? I want to do this both for windows 10 and 7. Can you teach me how to make it? Please don’t recommend me to use, in general, one or the other option or setting in windows or windows application, or other software. I need a detailed explanation, step by step - from start to finish?
    With respect to all of you!

:)

render1967, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Data backup and recovery help thread

We get heaps of threads on this, so lets make a nice organised list of programs people can use for backing up, restoring, and recovering data.

For a quick start to this, some pointers.

1. If you formatted a drive and did NOT write to it, recovery is possible. If you installed any data over it (such as windows, or copying files to it) then you need to restore a backup, or accept that you will have lost some, most, or all of your data.

2. Backups are not perfect - for example, a virus that killed your machine could also be in your backup. try and backup your important data first, not your operating system and useless files - and store it in more than one place if possible (for example, an external hard drive AND on DVD)

Now to the programs:

Free Data recovery software
    Piriform Recuva - Highly recommended by TPU users, myself included.

The following were listed by 95viper in another thread, i dont know if he's reccomending them or just listed them.
    Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier A nice one.*Smile Option for recovery from system backup in start menu and more :)
    UNDELETE 360
    Free File Recovery 1.1
    Glary Undelete
    UndeletePlus[/QUOTE]

Paid Data recovery software

Free backup/restore software

Paid backup/restore software
    Acronis True Image Home
    Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 2011 (Paid)[/QUOTE]

please people, help me fill in the blanks so i can request this to get stickied. *Smile Option for recovery from system backup in start menu and more :)

Mussels, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Option for recovery from system backup in start menu and more

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

Thema:

Option for recovery from system backup in start menu and more

1. Option for recovery from system backup in start menu and more - Similar Threads - Option recovery system

2. Recovery and Backup Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery and Backup Options: System image over recovery drive or BOTH along with file history? From what I understand a recovery drive is system data and you will lose installed apps & personal data files. System image will cover everything, the entire drive/disk, correct? I just updated my USB Recovery...
  3. Recovery and Backup Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery and Backup Options: System image over recovery drive or BOTH along with file history? From what I understand a recovery drive is system data and you will lose installed apps & personal data files. System image will cover everything, the entire drive/disk, correct? I just updated my USB Recovery...
  4. Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...: My laptop randomly stopped working. Blue screen, says critical process died. I've tried probably every troubleshoot I could find searching Google. All options on the recovery troubleshoot menu. Startup repair, uninstall updates, system restore, etc, none of that works....
  5. System recovery option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System recovery option: Choose a recovery toolOperating system: windows 7onD: Windows Starup repair Automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting System Restore Restore Windows to an earlier point in time System Image Recovery Recover your Computer using a system Image you...
  6. System recovery option

System recovery option: Choose a recovery toolOperating system: windows 7onD: Windows Starup repair Automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting System Restore Restore Windows to an earlier point in time System Image Recovery Recover your Computer using a system Image you...
  7. Backup and recovery different options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and recovery different options: To set the context and to avoid any ambiguity, I am listing down the type of media along with the tool being used to create them. A recovery disk is created using Windows MediaCreationTool. System Image is created using “Backup & Restore” à “Create a system image”. System...
  8. Backup and recovery different options

Backup and recovery different options: To set the context and to avoid any ambiguity, I am listing down the type of media along with the tool being used to create them. A recovery disk is created using Windows MediaCreationTool. System Image is created using “Backup & Restore” à “Create a system image”. System...
  9. No recovery options start from advanced startup menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No recovery options start from advanced startup menu: hello everyone, I just ran into this problem after I opened my computer case, I did not damage anything or replace anything, I simply just took off my computer case and put it back on. But it took me straight to the boot menu. I have tried every single option and online...
  10. Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option.: Hello friends! I have a little doubt regarding the creation of a recovery disc.When starting the creation of a recovery unit, if I select the option "Back up system files to the recovery drive", according to the media creation program, I can perform a Windows installation...