Windows 10: Option for renaming a bulk of files

Discus and support Option for renaming a bulk of files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, can anyone hint me how to restore windows 7 function of one-click file renaming of duplicate files while copying on windows 10? The results seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JoeRig, Feb 29, 2020.

1. /u/JoeRig Win User

Option for renaming a bulk of files

Hello, can anyone hint me how to restore windows 7 function of one-click file renaming of duplicate files while copying on windows 10? The results seem to be buried.

submitted by /u/JoeRig
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JoeRig, Feb 29, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Renaming group of files

Hi Richard,

There is a possibility that you are experiencing an issue with renaming the group of files because of a software conflict or damages within the files you are trying to rename. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following
    questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Why are you using the Windows PowerShell instead of File Explorer to rename the files?
    • Is your device connected to a domain network?

PowerShell is usually used by advanced users to troubleshoot problems with Windows. You can visit this
    link as a reference on how to use PowerShell to rename files in bulk.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Option for renaming a bulk of files

Batch File to Bulk Rename files with information from file "properties"

I recently had a hard drive failure that cost me fifteen years worth of files and data. I am recovering the files currently using Puran file recovery, which seems to be working. However, all the MS Word files (for instance) I recover are simply named "0000001.docx"
    and the associated file creation date (listed in Details View) is the time Puran recovered the file. I now have a pile of 10,000 .docx files and I need to find the most recent version of ONE document.

If I r-click each one, it tells me when the file was actually created by the user, e.g. 9/1/2015 instead of toady's date 30 minutes ago. Is there anyway to bulk rename all these files be extracting their actual "last saved on" dates in their "properties"
    information and using that as the file name?

DougMoreland, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Option for renaming a bulk of files

1. Option for renaming a bulk of files - Similar Threads - Option renaming bulk

2. Windows 10 and Bulk Rename Utility: opening a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and Bulk Rename Utility: opening a file: Hi. Our genealogical society digitizes books. We end up with a folder of jpg images that we need to rename with the Bulk Rename Utility. On my home computer, with the rename utility program open, I can double click or right click -> open on a file name and the image appears...
  3. Windows 10 and Bulk Rename Utility: opening a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Bulk Rename Utility: opening a file: Hi. Our genealogical society digitizes books. We end up with a folder of jpg images that we need to rename with the Bulk Rename Utility. On my home computer, with the rename utility program open, I can double click or right click -> open on a file name and the image appears...
  4. Windows 10 and Bulk Rename Utility: opening a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bulk Folder Renaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bulk Folder Renaming: Is there a command or program I can use to rename multiple folders at once by entering the locations? Example: From: C:\abcd\Folder C:\efgh\Folder C:\ijkl\Folder To: C:\abcd\abcd C:\efgh\efgh C:\ijkl\ijkl submitted by /u/theblake1980 [link] [comments]...
  6. Bulk renaming files in sequential order making multiples

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bulk renaming files in sequential order making multiples: I am renaming files in sequential order but it is making multiples. I will have 2 files named abc 1 and two named abc 2 and this will go on for many file names. I have tried setting a start number...still happens. I cannot find a solution....
  7. PowerToys - Bulk Rename

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PowerToys - Bulk Rename: Hello, I have a ton of video files I need to rename. I found out that there is a bulkRenamer in PowerToys, so I downloaded and installed it; however, I'm not certain if it would work in this current use-case. See the screenshot. Most of my videos are like this. (or some...
  8. bulk file renaming (intention is to shorten filenames)

in Windows 10 Support
    bulk file renaming (intention is to shorten filenames): basically l have over 50 files that lm unable to download to the location l wish to on my laptop (each file is about a gig), however their filenames are quite long which leads me to the 255 character limit. my intention was to originally use winscp to batch rename but lm not...
  9. How to Bulk Rename files with information from file "properties"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Bulk Rename files with information from file "properties"?: I recently had a hard drive failure that cost me fifteen years worth of files and data. I am recovering the files currently using Puran file recovery, which seems to be working. However, all the MS Word files (for instance) I recover are simply named "0000001.docx" and the...
  10. Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name: Employee just got a new computer with Windows 10 and has several files that were copied over from another computer that have a % sign in the names. Don't ask me how. She has to rename them. Is there a way to change the % to an underscore in all the files at one time? Thank...