Windows 10: Option for Windows 10 or Restore on every re-start

Discus and support Option for Windows 10 or Restore on every re-start in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just upgraded from W7 to W10 Pro. On every re-start it gives me the option to "Choose an operating system", Windows 10 or System Restore. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gonzosgirrl, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Option for Windows 10 or Restore on every re-start

Just upgraded from W7 to W10 Pro. On every re-start it gives me the option to "Choose an operating system", Windows 10 or System Restore.

I have chosen Windows 10 as default, but I still get this choice every time. I just want it to run Windows 10. None of my other PCs do this. Help?

Option for Windows 10 or Restore on every re-start c98227af-765c-48f3-ae51-e73566cfd117?upload=true.jpg

:)

gonzosgirrl, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 10, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 10, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Option for Windows 10 or Restore on every re-start

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Option for Windows 10 or Restore on every re-start [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Option for Windows 10 or Restore on every re-start

1. Option for Windows 10 or Restore on every re-start - Similar Threads - Option Restore every

2. Windows unstable: restore options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows unstable: restore options: Good morning,Quick summary of my issues: about a month ago, I noticed my W10 system was getting quirky. nothing would refresh, some apps would not start, etc. The most obvious of these was that my system would not power off on shutdown. I found a couple of threads on this...
  3. Windows unstable: restore options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows unstable: restore options: Good morning,Quick summary of my issues: about a month ago, I noticed my W10 system was getting quirky. nothing would refresh, some apps would not start, etc. The most obvious of these was that my system would not power off on shutdown. I found a couple of threads on this...
  4. Windows 10 - Need of Daily Re-start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Need of Daily Re-start: Hi, As we are now working from home, we are going days without system re-starts. I want to understand the recommendation and risks associated with computers not getting restarted frequently. 1 Is there any risk associated with computers not being re-started frequently;...
  5. Windows 10 keeps re starting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps re starting: Hi, I spent 8 hours yesterday trying to fix the issue, downloaded the add on that windows released to fix the problem. My computer has become useless and I need it. Any help would be great ✌ it can stay on for 2 mins or an hour before it restarts. submitted by...
  6. Restore Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Windows 10 Start Menu: How do I restore the start menu? I did an update and now my Start menu isn't right. Please help me restore it back to before I did the update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-windows-10-start-menu/0f439f79-4c9d-4b22-afa6-28c0b5dc5258
  7. All Windows 10 restore options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All Windows 10 restore options: So I'm a little confused here. Apparently I can't increase the number of W10 Restore points to keep. I can only increase how much disc space to use. Also, by default W10 makes a Restore Point every day or 1440 minutes? I thought upon install W10 creates a Restore partition...
  8. Re-install Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re-install Windows 10 start menu: I want to revert to using the Windows 10 start menu. I am currently using the 'classic' start menu since I originally installed Win 8/Win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-install-windows-10-start-menu/47602165-3d4c-47e6-9c0f-2315a45926e1
  9. Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Apps, settings, and files can all be found on the Start menu. If the Start menu is not working, then re-registering the Start menu may help fix it. This...
  10. Windows 10 re starting closed programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 re starting closed programs: I've recently noticed that sometimes, not always but sometimes. When I exit a program or game to desktop. Windows 10 decides to re launch that program or game. it is seriously annoying & was wondering if anyone has this problem & know of a fix? 68566