Windows 10: option: pause update windows update for 7 days'

Discus and support option: pause update windows update for 7 days' in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since an update from windows 10 v. 1803 to 1909 I note the above option listed in update settings page. Why is a pause necessary? One moment the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by klaro 1590, Jan 24, 2020.

1. option: pause update windows update for 7 days'

Since an update from windows 10 v. 1803 to 1909 I note the above option listed in update settings page. Why is a pause necessary? One moment the information on update status shows the updates are all installed yet another moment it shows that updates are on 'pause'. I did not add this option to updates. I am unsure how long the 'pause updates' option has been listed on the update settings page. Shall I leave it set at 7 days' pause or remove that option?

:)

klaro 1590, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Hockster Win User

Windows 7 update help needed

Language packs should be listed in the optional updates section of Windows Update.

As for installing Win 7, it should merely ask for the qualifying media to be inserted to the dvd drive. That's what XP upgrade install discs did when there wasn't a previous OS installed.

Hockster, Jan 25, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 7 slipstreaming with updates question

i got all the updates for Windows 7 in "Windows Updates Downloader" using the newest list from mydigitallife.info's forum which is dated 13-16-2013, but can i use all does updates in the Danish version of Windows 7 Professional SP1-U 64bit?

bcs i wanna slipstream it with a few drives into it aswell here i am talking about Intel Ethernet and NEC/ReneSAS USB3.0 Drivers.

puma99dk|, Jan 25, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

option: pause update windows update for 7 days'

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

option: pause update windows update for 7 days'

1. option: pause update windows update for 7 days' - Similar Threads - option pause update

2. Pause for 7 days update option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pause for 7 days update option: How do I disable the scheduled update option. I do not require a pause. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pause-for-7-days-update-option/b6c5222c-d483-45e0-af21-8a911e377a87
  3. re my original 'pause windows update for 7 days' question

re my original 'pause windows update for 7 days' question: recent windows v. 1909 installation on this PC, 01/13/2010, was performed by H.P. technician. I hope that's who it was! As usual many problems were noted immediately after initial installed but I think they were fixed. Only now I note the option to 'pause update for 7...
  4. System updated even though updates paused for 7 days

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System updated even though updates paused for 7 days: I found my system had been rebooted due to a Definition Update, for Windows Defender Antivirus (which I do not even use!), despite the fact that I had updates paused until 1/14/20. So when is an "update not an update? How do I stop all updates? 147747
  5. pause on windows update

pause on windows update: Why is my windows update on pause? how do I get that off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pause-on-windows-update/92efa6a5-3522-42c6-9969-98b8f04a461b
  6. Pause Updates Not Pausing

Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354
  7. missing option for pausing windows updates

missing option for pausing windows updates: my acer aspire laptop has windows 10 installed I don't have an option under advanced options to pause windows updates for a period of time there is no slider option at all how can this be done to stop windows from always wanting to update if you don't have this function?...
  8. How to Reverse the 7 day pause

How to Reverse the 7 day pause: I enabled the temporary Windows Update 7 day pause yesterday. Now I'm trying to undo it, but it's not working. Still says I'm in the delay. 110575
  9. Pausing updates

Pausing updates: First the question, then the background. I'm on Windows 10, build 1703, kb15063.786. I turned on the Pause update option. What exactly will this stop? Namely, will this prevent build 1709 from downloading and updating, and for how long? The background: I was on...
  10. Pause Windows Update

Pause Windows Update: Hello I have a question about windows update: can i resume windows update after the computer was shutdown? if so, what is the procedure? I have build 10130. 7086