Windows 10: Option to add a password and PIN is unavailable

Discus and support Option to add a password and PIN is unavailable in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The option to add a password is not visible from the Sign-in option page and the option to add a PIN is unavailable for some reason. I am still able to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GiaHy1, Jan 2, 2021.

1. GiaHy1 Win User

Option to add a password and PIN is unavailable

The option to add a password is not visible from the Sign-in option page and the option to add a PIN is unavailable for some reason. I am still able to sign in via microsoft account although it requires a wifi connection. From where I am from, the wifi can be interrupted at times, essentially locking me out from my computer. Please advise. Option to add a password and PIN is unavailable 7bb8fdff-515a-42cb-b568-f28ea19686aa?upload=true.png

:)

GiaHy1, Jan 2, 2021
  2. loftus49 Win User

Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jan 2, 2021
  4. VolvoB10M Win User

Pin unavailable and password changed

I have just had a problem after trying to login to Windows, I usually get asked to enter a pin number but this time it gives an error sayimg pin is unavailable then changes to a password. I have never set a password but on entering my Microsoft account password which I assumed would work but it says it is wrong. I have tried all alternative passwords including previous Microsoft passwords and none worked, I also noticed the no network symbol was in the bottom right hand corner.

When I attempt to use the "Forgot password" button I get a screen saying "Wait a moment" for 45 - 60 seconds before reverting to the password screen.

The only major change I made was attempting to remove Avast (I installed Kaspersky yesterday), no other major changes have been made.

I don't have a password reset disc as none came with the computer.

How do I log back in?

VolvoB10M, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Option to add a password and PIN is unavailable - Similar Threads - Option add password

2. This option is currently unavailable pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This option is currently unavailable pin: HelloI can't change the password of the device I have Windows 11. I can't reset the device because I have Data and I can't take backup for now. Windows Hello Face recognition is unavailable what can I do ?Thanks...
  3. This option is currently unavailable pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This option is currently unavailable pin: HelloI can't change the password of the device I have Windows 11. I can't reset the device because I have Data and I can't take backup for now. Windows Hello Face recognition is unavailable what can I do ?Thanks...
  4. PIN - this option is currently unavailable

PIN - this option is currently unavailable: I have seen this question asked before but not one answer that works. Can someone please help? This is ridiculous. I've spent an hour searching around and all I want to do is change the PIN on my own computer. Below the "This option is currently unavailable" line, I get...
  5. No Password option and PIN this option is currently unavailable on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Password option and PIN this option is currently unavailable on Windows 11: I just bought a new laptop recently, and at first set up they gave me only pin as an option. When I want to change my pin to password, there is no option, only face recognition, fingerprint, PIN, and physical key. Three of them saying this option is currently unavailable....
  6. No Password option and PIN this option is currently unavailable on Windows 11

No Password option and PIN this option is currently unavailable on Windows 11: I just bought a new laptop recently, and at first set up they gave me only pin as an option. When I want to change my pin to password, there is no option, only face recognition, fingerprint, PIN, and physical key. Three of them saying this option is currently unavailable....
  7. "The pin option is currently unavailable"

"The pin option is currently unavailable": I sign into my computer using the pin and go into settings to try and change the pin it won't let me. It says "This option is currently unavailable" under Pin Windows Hello and when I click that I get a message saying Related Links "Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your...
  8. Pin sign in options unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin sign in options unavailable: Ever since I accidentally typed my password wrong multiple times, majority of my sign in options pin and fingerprint have become unavailable.Every time I open my laptop and I press "change pin" and sign into my Microsoft account , it just says its unavailable and to try again...
  9. Pin sign in options unavailable

Pin sign in options unavailable: Ever since I accidentally typed my password wrong multiple times, majority of my sign in options pin and fingerprint have become unavailable.Every time I open my laptop and I press "change pin" and sign into my Microsoft account , it just says its unavailable and to try again...
  10. pin tile option unavailable

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin tile option unavailable: pin tile option unavailable on Edge .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-tile-option-unavailable/0ffb31ab-30ef-4538-89da-ddab8ebe3dd4