Windows 10: Option to "add to file history" to context menu?

Discus and support Option to "add to file history" to context menu? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Is there any way to include an option to "add to file history" to the context menu? It's tedious to have to jump into settings every time I want to add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by EvertX, Sep 9, 2019.

1. EvertX Win User

Option to "add to file history" to context menu?

Is there any way to include an option to "add to file history" to the context menu? It's tedious to have to jump into settings every time I want to add a folder to it.

:)

EvertX, Sep 9, 2019

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Option to "add to file history" to context menu? :(

ArmoredCavalry, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Add option to context menu to open file type

By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click).

As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have to do: Right click > Open With > Choose Another App > More apps > (scroll to find MuseScore) > OK.

This is too many steps. How can I get the context menu to offer MuseScore as an option in it's menu - or at least as an option in "Open With"?

Thanks!

gntsketches, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Option to "add to file history" to context menu?

Problem with New Context Menu

The option to add a new Rich Text File seems to have disappeared from my Context Menu and I'm not sure why.

I'm not computer savvy, but after a bit of Googling I read how you can add and delete options from the New Context Menu though the Registry Editor. When I went to check it the .rtf folder under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT still has it's ShellNew folder so I'm not
    sure what the issue is or if perhaps there's something wrong with it. I also found a tool to easily enable/disable file types on the New Context Menu, and .rtf is listed along with everything else and checked off as "enabled" but for some reason is not showing
    up, even after I tried disabling and enabling it a couple of times. This is extremely frustrating as that's the file type I use the most.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?

MadeOfKittens, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Option to "add to file history" to context menu?

1. Option to "add to file history" to context menu? - Similar Threads - Option add file

2. How to add Unblock option for downloaded files in Context Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Unblock option for downloaded files in Context Menu of Windows 10: If you download a file from the internet, you might have to unblock it before you can perform specific tasks in Windows 10. It is possible to unblock a file from the item’s Properties. However, you can add the Unblock option for downloaded files and folders in the context...
  3. How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu?: I am sick of Windows forgetting my sort option. I want to sort files in certain folders by "Date last modified" (but NOT all folders of the same type - example: Pictures). Having to go to "More..." to enable/show my preferred option EACH time (or using the ribbon -> View ->...
  4. Context Menu Option to Concatenate Audio Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Option to Concatenate Audio Files: It seems like, in Windows 7 or maybe XP, I used to have a tool or tweak that would create a right-click option to immediately merge two audio (especially .wav and .mp3) files, producing a single output audio file that would contain both (or all of) the selected input files,...
  5. Problem with a Reg File, custom context menu add options Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with a Reg File, custom context menu add options Windows 10: I'm trying to make a small and very basic program to install a custom menu to the desktop right click menu on Windows 10 Pro 64 bits. That would start a program, launch a web page and others simple tasks when triggered. The install process seems to be doing fine but there...
  6. Add option to context menu to open file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Add option to context menu to open file type: By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click). As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have...
  7. Options missing from file context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Options missing from file context menu.: when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words to fine cope or deleted. How do I change it so I can see the words when I right click. ***Title changed from: [missing...
  8. Add Turn On or Off Clipboard History Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Turn On or Off Clipboard History Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Turn On or Off Clipboard History Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add and Remove Turn On or Off Clipboard History Context Menu in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same...
  9. Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information A create custom power plans that are optimized for specific computers. All users (standard and administrator) will be able to make...
  10. History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add History to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use File History to automatically back up versions of your files on a schedule to a location you select to save to. You can select to save...