Windows 10: Option to choose OS is not appearing during bootup

Discus and support Option to choose OS is not appearing during bootup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I had set up Ubuntu 20.04 on my existing Windows 10. Until a couple of weeks ago, I would get an option to choose the OS during startup, but now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/flubbergrubbery, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Option to choose OS is not appearing during bootup

Hi. I had set up Ubuntu 20.04 on my existing Windows 10. Until a couple of weeks ago, I would get an option to choose the OS during startup, but now my laptop directly boots up Windows 10 without providing me a choice.

What should I do to bring that option back?

submitted by /u/flubbergrubbery
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/flubbergrubbery, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Option to choose OS is not appearing during bootup

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Option to choose OS is not appearing during bootup

1. Option to choose OS is not appearing during bootup - Similar Threads - Option choose appearing

2. Choose a Option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Choose a Option: My PC is stuck on a choose an option screen. It shows troubleshoot, and then turn off pc. Whenever I turn it off, it just goes back to the same dang thing. And the options in troubleshoot are “startup repair, command prompt, uninstall updates, uefi firmware settings, system...
  3. Choose a Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose a Option: My PC is stuck on a choose an option screen. It shows troubleshoot, and then turn off pc. Whenever I turn it off, it just goes back to the same dang thing. And the options in troubleshoot are “startup repair, command prompt, uninstall updates, uefi firmware settings, system...
  4. Choose a Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. laptop showing option to choose win 10 os

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop showing option to choose win 10 os: multiple laptops in my company suddenly showing option to choose OS during startup. this happened after windows update. the os updated from 1909 to 20h2 version. i already know how to bypass the process. my queries as below.1. why is this happening. is it due unclean...
  6. Choose an option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choose an option: Hello. As many others, I have encountered the choose an option screen. It was working perfectly fine two days ago, but when I turned it on on Sunday, it was stuck on the 'Choose an option screen'. Now, it only showed two options. Troubleshoot and Turn off your PC. None of...
  7. Choose an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Choose an option: [IMG][IMG]I have a Windows 10 laptop and it is stuck at "choose an option". I have tried startup repair but it fails. I have also tried command prompt entering these commands- Bootrec /fixmbr Bootrec /fixboot Bootrec /scanos Bootrec /rebuildbcd But it says access denied...
  8. Keyboard dead during bootup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard dead during bootup: I'm trying to replace my old Dell keyboard with a G.Skill Ripjaws gaming keyboard. Unfortunately, it only works after the system boots up, which means I can't use function keys at bootup. I've written to G.Skill already. But just in case this problem is not a glitch in...
  9. "Choose an option" menu appears on clicking restart

in Windows 10 Support
    "Choose an option" menu appears on clicking restart: Hi there, It used to be when I press the power button, followed by the restart option, my PC will immediately perform the restart action. However, not sure when it began, now when I click the power button, followed by the restart option, the "Choose an option" menu...
  10. black screen during bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen during bootup: During boot up I get a black screen for about 1 min then the login for my account. I notice a lot of hard drive activity during the black screen. I'm using amd-catalyst-15.10beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-oct12.exe (latest one). Win 10 works fine except for the black screen....