Windows 10: Option to enable bluetooth disappears sometimes

Discus and support Option to enable bluetooth disappears sometimes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sometime after starting the laptop the option to turn on bluetooth is missing. I need to restart the laptop and the bluetooth option appears again. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shailesh23, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Option to enable bluetooth disappears sometimes

Sometime after starting the laptop the option to turn on bluetooth is missing. I need to restart the laptop and the bluetooth option appears again. I tried updating drivers but that also doesn't help.

:)

Shailesh23, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

WiFi and Bluetooth Options Disappeared from Device management

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Step 2: You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Click on View.

• Click on Show
        Hidden Devices.

• Search for the Bluetooth device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 18, 2020
  3. How do I enable Bluetooth with my Qualcomm Atheros adapter?

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and device troubleshooter and check. The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware on the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

b) Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

c) In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

d) Click on “Hardware and Devices”.

e) Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

f) Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to check the status of Bluetooth service on the computer.

Method 2:

I suggest you to start the Bluetooth service and set it to Automatic:

a. Go to the Start screen.

b. Type “Services.msc” without quotes and press Enter.

c. Right click on Bluetooth support service and click on Properties.

d. Set the Startup type as Automatic and then click Start under Service status.

e. Click on OK.

If the issue persists you can try the following steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 3:

I suggest you to try the following steps.

a. Open Control Panel by clicking the Windows + X,

b. In the Control Panel search box, type Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

c. In theBluetooth Settings dialog box, click the Options tab and do any of the following:

To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Method 4:

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the Bluetooth driver and install the latest driver on the computer.

Harshal Benake, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Option to enable bluetooth disappears sometimes

Bluetooth disappeared

Hi Jenny,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?

• Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features? (As you have reinstalled the Bluetooth.)

• Does the Bluetooth disappeared after you have started to use Wacom Bluetooth keyboard?
    Note:

• In device manager, click on "view" tab and select "show hidden devices" and check whether Bluetooth device/driver is listed.

• To check the drivers installed in Programs and features, Press
      Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Programs and features and check whether the Bluetooth driver is installed.
    Until you get back to us with the required information, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I would suggest you check if Bluetooth Support service is started.

• Press Windows + R
      keys on the keyboard, type services.msc
      and press OK.

• Now, find Bluetooth Support Service
      and start it

• Double click on the Bluetooth Support Service
      set the startup type as Automatic.
    Step 2:

Follow the steps to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if you are able to fix the issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Hardware and devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Reference: I would suggest you to check whether the drivers are up to date. Refer to the below link on how to download and install the drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Option to enable bluetooth disappears sometimes

1. Option to enable bluetooth disappears sometimes - Similar Threads - Option enable bluetooth

2. Option to enable bluetooth connectivity has seemingly disappeared from my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option to enable bluetooth connectivity has seemingly disappeared from my device.: So somehow, the ability to enable bluetooth has disappeared from my device. I've tried restarting the device to no avail. Below are screenshots of the lack of option to enable bluetooth, as well as a screenshot showing the message shown when attempting to add a device using...
  3. Option to enable bluetooth connectivity has seemingly disappeared from my device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Option to enable bluetooth connectivity has seemingly disappeared from my device.: So somehow, the ability to enable bluetooth has disappeared from my device. I've tried restarting the device to no avail. Below are screenshots of the lack of option to enable bluetooth, as well as a screenshot showing the message shown when attempting to add a device using...
  4. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't: Sometimes bluetooth stop working. And i have to restart the pc many times but still it doesn't work. I also tried to install bluetooth driver but things didn't work out....
  5. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't: Sometimes bluetooth stop working. And i have to restart the pc many times but still it doesn't work. I also tried to install bluetooth driver but things didn't work out....
  6. Bluetooth turn on off option disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth turn on off option disappeared: I was using my Lenova Desktop Ideapad 330S today on a Zoom using my Bose Earbuds via bluetooth call. After that I took a break and when I went to go back on another Zoom Call. I could no longer link the Earbuds. I then noticed that no bluetooth devices could link to my...
  7. Bluetooth option is disappearing while restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth option is disappearing while restart: Bluetooth option is disappearing while restart in my Alienware desktop having windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-option-is-disappearing-while-restart/12cfe490-80b6-4ef7-b10f-dac556f1cc06
  8. Option to turn Bluetooth on and off just disappears?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Option to turn Bluetooth on and off just disappears?: I can't connect any devices to my PC via Bluetooth, because apparently I have my Bluetooth turned off. But the switch to turn Bluetooth on and off is just gone. I saw another reddit post from a few months ago where someone had the same issue, with the same image that I...
  9. Bluetooth stopped working, no option to enable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth stopped working, no option to enable: Hello, I've been trying to fix this issue for 2 hours. Following the installation of NordVPN, my bluetooth abruptly stopped working. No devices will connect, nine devices are all listed as "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45". The...
  10. Sometimes disappearing, sometime frozen mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sometimes disappearing, sometime frozen mouse: I have a Toshiba laptop, everything was working well as it has done for the last couple of years, but suddenly my mouse started to sometimes disappear and sometime freeze. I have tried everything I could think of and it’s still happening. I was wondering whether anyone has...