Windows 10: Option to maximize window to new virtual desktop

Discus and support Option to maximize window to new virtual desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Option to maximize a window to a new virtual desktop One feature request I have is to maximize a window and have it sent to a new virtual desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rafa9124, Dec 21, 2019.

1. rafa9124 Win User

Option to maximize window to new virtual desktop

Option to maximize a window to a new virtual desktop

One feature request I have is to maximize a window and have it sent to a new virtual desktop. Once that window is closed the virtual desktop is destroyed.

This could be implemented with two features:

1 Add an option that maximizing windows will send them to a new virtual desktop, and switch user focus to that desktop

2 Add an option that will automatically destroy any 'empty' virtual desktops.

Exist a way to do it?

:)

rafa9124, Dec 21, 2019

2. Option for launching apps in a new Virtual Desktop

Hi, is there an option or toggle somewhere to open apps in a new virtual desktop?

Followup, is it possible to set the start position for the command line window on a specific screen or a specific virtual desktop?

notrequired2, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Can't add new virtual desktop

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know about this.

In PC, you can use the below shortcut keys:

• "Ctrl" + "Windows" + "D" - creates new virtual desktop.
    • "Ctrl" + "Windows" + "F4" - deletes current virtual desktop.
    • "Ctrl" + "Windows" + "Left/Right" - to navigate between the virtual desktop.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 21, 2019
  4. Option to maximize window to new virtual desktop

How to uncouple two virtual desktops

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue with virtual desktops then I would suggest you to refer the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 – The Power of Windows…Multiplied

If issue persists try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.
    For more clarification you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

To know more about Windows 10 I would suggest you to refer the article
    Get Started with Windows 10. Hope this link will provide you more information
    about Windows 10.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Option to maximize window to new virtual desktop

1. Option to maximize window to new virtual desktop - Similar Threads - Option maximize window

2. Chrome window option is set to maximized...but not always opens maximized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome window option is set to maximized...but not always opens maximized: Good afternoon,After setting Chrome run option as Maximized, I started testing.I always have 1 Chrome window with several tabs opened let's call it perm window so when I want to open a new window I do right click on the perm window tab and select new window...so here it comes...
  3. Pushbullet Desktop Not Maximized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pushbullet Desktop Not Maximized: I downloaded the Pushbullet for Win 10 desktop but when I start it, it will only open in a small window. I would like it to open maximized or at least to the size that I set it. I have tried maximizing it and then closing it while holding Ctrl, I have gone into the app icon -...
  4. Virtual Desktop Option with Separate Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Desktop Option with Separate Shortcuts: I tried out the Task View that is built into Windows 10 to see if it would help me with separating my desktop view for the different tasks that I use my desktop for. Unfortunately it appears that it keeps the same Desktop but just organizes running applications. Outside of...
  5. Windows Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Virtual Desktop: Has anyone ever tried Windows Virtual Desktop? How to use it on Azure? I want some first hand experience. Please talk about personalized stuff, not info which I can get from Google. Thanks, Elisha...
  6. desktop shortcut in maximize

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop shortcut in maximize: How do I open the desktop shortcuts in maximize? I have gone to shortcut properties and there are no sizing options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-in-maximize/f6183bce-b422-4214-8829-9e45f3c5fbcf
  7. Option for launching apps in a new Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Option for launching apps in a new Virtual Desktop: Hi, is there an option or toggle somewhere to open apps in a new virtual desktop? Followup, is it possible to set the start position for the command line window on a specific screen or a specific virtual desktop?...
  8. Add New Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add New Virtual Desktops in Windows 10: How to: Add New Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 How to Add New Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 Task View is a virtual desktop manager in Windows 10 that allows you quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple virtual desktops. Create custom additional desktops...
  9. Windows 10 Virtual Desktop and Mouse options

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Virtual Desktop and Mouse options: I haven’t used a Windows PC in years but think I’m about to switch back because of Apple’s draconian control over hard disk and RAM upgrades on computers with Retina displays. I love the Mac’s interface and I hate to go back to Windows, but sometimes you’ve got to make...
  10. Windows 10: Virtual desktops get a new transition

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Virtual desktops get a new transition: Microsoft has pushed out an update for Windows 10 that brings the build number to 9860 and with it, there are several improvements over the last build, 9841. One such enhancement is the new transition for virtual desktops that makes it easier to know if you have switched...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. maximize a window in new desktop 10