Windows 10: Option to "never update" please ...

Discus and support Option to "never update" please ... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using windowssonce version 3.1 Starting from windows xp, i have found out that windiws is a lot safer and so stable whe i use freeze, back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertFitzgerald3, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Option to "never update" please ...

I have been using windowssonce version 3.1

Starting from windows xp, i have found out that windiws is a lot safer and so stable whe i use freeze, back then it was returnil and deepfreeze, and now i use timefreeze. Turned out windows always updates its clutter in the system and it drags the system down overtime. Freeze also prevents users from makong permanent changes to the system by new installations, making it easy to just try out a program in a frozen state and decide if it's worth to install permanently or not. It will be a lot easier for windows to integrate these freeze programs into its system, than for average user to do it manually, since we still have to mlve our documents i to the D: drive which is not frozen, to save pur works in.

Until windows make such integration, I deeply deeply humbly ask from the bottom of my heart, please please please, don't force windows 10 to download or install any updates. Let it be our decision.

The case now is that windows 10 is the only win version most new laptops support with drivers. It's windows 10, or nothing at all.

And win 10 force us to update even when we set all settings not to, and windows 10 does tell us so.

Under a frozen environment, this would be continuous waste of resource, i.e. internet bandwidth, computing resources, electrical energy, and user's time. There are some updates that can even go through the frozen system and damage it since it doesn't succeed doing the complete update.

:)

RobertFitzgerald3, Feb 15, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Option to "never update" please ... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Windows Update Options

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows Update.

Follow the steps provided below to change update settings.

• Go to start page and type
      Windows Updates

• Click on Windows Update settings
      under settings.

• Click on Advance options

• Under “Choose how Updates get installed”. In the drop down menu, select the option which is convenient to you.

• Click on Save.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 15, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Option to "never update" please ...

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Option to "never update" please ...

1. Option to "never update" please ... - Similar Threads - Option never update

2. XPS printed Document disappears into never never land, never produces option to name the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XPS printed Document disappears into never never land, never produces option to name the...: windows 11 new pc installed xps viewer, twice, as there are different drivers. Looks fine, then print. Document disappears into never never land. Have not, cannot yet move files to this pc so I opened every document. None are the xps document. Have to say I would PAY to have...
  3. XPS printed Document disappears into never never land, never produces option to name the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XPS printed Document disappears into never never land, never produces option to name the...: windows 11 new pc installed xps viewer, twice, as there are different drivers. Looks fine, then print. Document disappears into never never land. Have not, cannot yet move files to this pc so I opened every document. None are the xps document. Have to say I would PAY to have...
  4. Cumulative update never updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative update never updates: I have this annoying problem where the updates is not installing. I tried to run troubleshooter but not helpful and I keep getting error 0x80070020. What is the cause of this malfunction of the PC and by the way this PC is only 6 months old and I dont want a replacement I...
  5. Cumulative update never updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cumulative update never updates: I have this annoying problem where the updates is not installing. I tried to run troubleshooter but not helpful and I keep getting error 0x80070020. What is the cause of this malfunction of the PC and by the way this PC is only 6 months old and I dont want a replacement I...
  6. Cumulative update never updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. updating never stops

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    updating never stops: I have Windows 10 and on my MS Store all applications keeps on updating. I cant open them since its running its updates however it never finish. I have this update for a day since yesterday. I need to use application. How can I finish updates? I am connected with LAN...
  8. "NEVER AGAIN!" update option...

"NEVER AGAIN!" update option...: My Lenovo Ideapad 330 hates Windows updates. I have followed tutorials to turn off automatic updates, etc., but the OS continues to revert my attempts to turn off automatic updates. This is what I want: NEVER UPDATE AGAIN without my express permission. I don't want a pop up...
  9. Never ending boot up.... Please, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Never ending boot up.... Please, please help: Okay so recently I decided to reset my computer, as usual I encounter numerous problems. >Startup >Bios screen (Asus/Intel) >Monitor turns off >Monitor turns back on >Blue win10 logo and loading circle >Black screen for 5-10 secs >Install screen displaying 64%...
  10. never got the update

never got the update: hi there.im having some issues with this.i reserved w 10 but then cancelled.i have the icon on the screen and i told it to notify me when eady and it says my copy is reserved but i never get it.it shows the windows -bt thing and all.i tried to manually download,didnt work.the...