Windows 10: Option to play audio from Bluetooth device is missing from Settings

Discus and support Option to play audio from Bluetooth device is missing from Settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to stream audio via Bluetooth from my Android phone to my laptop running Windows 10 version 1703, but the option to play audio from phone via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ksio89, Aug 9, 2017.

1. ksio89 Win User

Option to play audio from Bluetooth device is missing from Settings

I want to stream audio via Bluetooth from my Android phone to my laptop running Windows 10 version 1703, but the option to play audio from phone via Bluetooth is not showing up on Settings>Bluetooth and Other Devices. Obviously, I have already paired my Android device with my laptop, and my device is visible on Other Devices, and listed as "Paired". I have also already checked my device properties on Devices and Printers, and on Service tab, "Advanced Audio" (A2DP profile) box is checked. Both my laptop and Android phone have Bluetooth 4.0 support, with my laptop also supporting HS extension, and my phone, LE (Low Energy).

I have no clue why Bluetooth audio playback isn't showing. How would I make Windows play audio via Bluetooth from my device? Thanks in advance.

:)

ksio89, Aug 9, 2017

2. Option to play Bluetooth audio is missing from Settings

Hi,

Bluetooth devices require pairing refresh before you can connect them again properly. If you find that Windows 10 does not recognize or detect a Bluetooth device (or devices) that was previously paired up, all you have to do is go to the
    Device Manager, select the Bluetooth driver and update it. The operating system should be able to automatically search the Internet for available resources to update the driver.

As an alternative, you can unpair or forget the device and pair it again on the same process when you establish a Bluetooth connection across your devices. Visit this

link
    for more information about how you can setup a wireless audio device.

Let us know if you need more help.

Johann Eva, Aug 9, 2017
  3. ksio89 Win User
    Option to play Bluetooth audio is missing from Settings

I want to stream audio via Bluetooth from my Android phone to my laptop running Windows 10 version 1703, but the option to play audio from phone via Bluetooth is not showing up on Settings>Bluetooth
    and Other Devices. Obviously, I have already paired my Android device with my laptop, and my device is visible on Other Devices, and listed as "Paired". I have also already checked my device properties on Devices and Printers, and on Service tab, "Advanced
    Audio
    " (A2DP profile) box is checked. Both my laptop and Android phone have Bluetooth 4.0 support, with my laptop also supporting HS extension, and my phone, LE (Low Energy).

I have no clue why Bluetooth audio playback isn't showing. How would I make Windows play audio via Bluetooth from my device? Thanks in advance.

ksio89, Aug 9, 2017
Thema:

Option to play audio from Bluetooth device is missing from Settings

1. Option to play audio from Bluetooth device is missing from Settings - Similar Threads - Option play audio

2. Why is my laptop not playing the regular audio from Bluetooth audio devices, but playing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my laptop not playing the regular audio from Bluetooth audio devices, but playing...: First things first, I own a DELL Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1, running Windows 11The Bluetooth Audio devices in question are my JBL Race Endurance TWS Earbuds and JBL Extreme1 Speaker Both of these used to run perfectly fine and audio used to work fine with both of them, but a day...
  3. Why is my laptop not playing the regular audio from Bluetooth audio devices, but playing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop not playing the regular audio from Bluetooth audio devices, but playing...: First things first, I own a DELL Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1, running Windows 11The Bluetooth Audio devices in question are my JBL Race Endurance TWS Earbuds and JBL Extreme1 Speaker Both of these used to run perfectly fine and audio used to work fine with both of them, but a day...
  4. Bluetooth audio devices connected but missing from available audio devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio devices connected but missing from available audio devices: Hi,on my new Elitebook 1040 G8, Windows 11 21H2 does not include any connected Bluetooth audio speakers Logitech Z537 and another speaker and headphones among the available audio output devices . Thus, these BT audio devices cannot be used for audio output.BT audio devices...
  5. Bluetooth audio devices connected but missing from available audio devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio devices connected but missing from available audio devices: Hi,on my new Elitebook 1040 G8, Windows 11 21H2 does not include any connected Bluetooth audio speakers Logitech Z537 and another speaker and headphones among the available audio output devices . Thus, these BT audio devices cannot be used for audio output.BT audio devices...
  6. Bluetooth missing from device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth missing from device: Hello, I have lenovo thinkpad T410, Windows 10 64 bit. and bluetooth missing from my device. 1- I installed bluetooth from lenovo website but still the same problem disappear from Device Manager 2- I troubleshooting bluetooth but still the same problem. 3- I don't...
  7. bluetooth option missing from everwhere.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bluetooth option missing from everwhere.: I am facing a serious issue on bluetooth connectivity, as i am unable to turn on or off bluetooth. My bluetooth options are missing from everywhere and not able to turn on bluetooth and pair devices. I have tried many ways like starting bluetooth support services and...
  8. Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings.

Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings.: Hello, A while back, my laptop had bluetooth, it worked and everything was fine. I formatted my PC multiple times in the span of 2 years. I've had this issue ever since I formatted my PC for the 3rd time. The bluetooth option is completely gone. I researched quite a bit...
  9. Bluetooth missing from device manager

Bluetooth missing from device manager: Hello, I recently started using my bluetooth on my laptop and one morning after booting up my devices could no longer connect. My bluetooth could initially be found by viewing hidden devices, but running the troubleshooter would simply state that bluetooth is not available...
  10. Bluetooth Missing From Taskbar and Settings/Device

Bluetooth Missing From Taskbar and Settings/Device: Laptop Acer Aspire V Windows 10 Could anybody advise how I might get my bluetooth functionality back? It was working before. The bluetooth icon is gone from the taskbar, and it's missing from Settings/Device. I can't hook up my external bluetooth speaker. I was...