Windows 10: Option to quickly change audio output device is missing

Discus and support Option to quickly change audio output device is missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I have 2 headphones, one wireless one isn't, I switch between them often. in the past I used to switch quickly using windows 10 feature that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dani0104, Apr 27, 2019.

1. dani0104 Win User

Option to quickly change audio output device is missing

Hey,
    I have 2 headphones, one wireless one isn't, I switch between them often. in the past I used to switch quickly using windows 10 feature
    that looks something like this:

Option to quickly change audio output device is missing 5588c90e-9444-4b16-b96f-454a62147f39?upload=true.png

However after a windows reinstall (INSTALLED ALL UPDATES I'm on build 1809), pressing on the sound device gives this window (even though the second device is connected):

Option to quickly change audio output device is missing 80ff771e-86a3-4648-8ebf-9cd273584d1f?upload=true.png

I'd appreciate any and all help, thanks Option to quickly change audio output device is missing :)

:)

dani0104, Apr 27, 2019

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    No Audio Output Device Installed

Hi Sly,

It is possible that your audio output device itself is not working. To further assist your concern, kindly answer these following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your PC prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using other audio output devices on your PC? If yes, did it work on your PC?
    • What are the troubleshooting methods you've tried so far?

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Option to quickly change audio output device is missing

No Audio Output Device is installed

You can also try this possible solution to your Issue

Fix "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" Error with Device Mannager

Device Manager is another troubleshooter which could help to fix many common computer issues, including "no audio output device is installed" error on Windows 10.

Step 1. Open the search box, type devmgmt.mcs in the Run dialog to open Device Manager.

Step 2. Scroll down to find the catagory "Sound, video and game controllers", expand it to locate your audio device and select it.

Note: If you can not see the "Sound, video and game controllers" catagory, follow the steps below to find it.

• Select "Action" on the top of the panel. (If there is no "Action" tab, click on the blank place and then click on "Action")

• Select "Add Legacy hardware".

Click Next on the popping up Add Hardware Wizard window.

• Choose "Search for and install hardware automatically" and then hit "Next". (If the Wizard message reads "the wizard did not find any new hardware on your computer", click Next)

Scroll down to locate the "Sound, video and game controllers" option.

• Select it and then click Next.

• Choose your exact sound card and then click Next.

Click Next to install the audio driver and then click Finish.

Step 3. Right-click on the audio device. Select Enable.

Step 4. Now check whether the audio issue is solved. If persists, choose Uninstall to remove the audio driver.

Step 5. Reboot your computer to save the changes and Windows will load you the audio driver automatically.

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-no-...

Wilfredo_Soto, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Option to quickly change audio output device is missing

1. Option to quickly change audio output device is missing - Similar Threads - Option quickly change

2. No audio device is installed, Audio input and output missing from device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio device is installed, Audio input and output missing from device manager: Hello I facing problem with Audio Driver I don't no how the problem arise but I have done several tries , Watched Lots of vids and much more , i didn't find genuine solution. I have Laptop Asus Tuf Gaming A17 2021 model FA706ICB My laptop says no output device is installed...
  3. No audio device is installed, Audio input and output missing from device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio device is installed, Audio input and output missing from device manager: Hello I facing problem with Audio Driver I don't no how the problem arise but I have done several tries , Watched Lots of vids and much more , i didn't find genuine solution. I have Laptop Asus Tuf Gaming A17 2021 model FA706ICB My laptop says no output device is installed...
  4. Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar.: Just recently I noticed my output devices no longer show up in the quick select section of the taskbar. I have to click in to the settings to access them. This is very inconvenient as I tend to switch quite regularly. Is there a way to return it to what it was like before,...
  5. Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar.

Audio outputs are missing from quick select in the taskbar.: Just recently I noticed my output devices no longer show up in the quick select section of the taskbar. I have to click in to the settings to access them. This is very inconvenient as I tend to switch quite regularly. Is there a way to return it to what it was like before,...
  6. output devices are missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    output devices are missing.: uninstalling or updating drivers doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/output-devices-are-missing/3c6f8502-9dd1-42f4-8db8-99d2f0e7c836
  7. output devices are missing.

output devices are missing.: uninstalling or updating drivers doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/output-devices-are-missing/3c6f8502-9dd1-42f4-8db8-99d2f0e7c836
  8. Quick change audio output device is missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Quick change audio output device is missing from taskbar: Hi all, My audio output device switcher is missing from my taskbar, normally when you click on the Speaker icon on the right-hand side taskbar should showing as below but now is missing this "Select output device" option. I did try to fix this problem by: - update the...
  9. audio output device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio output device: My laptop has no audio output device installed, can someone help me rectify this problem/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-device/bf8d0d4c-fc5d-4db5-ad34-f9b69a93ba46
  10. No Audio Output Device is installed + Missing MMCSS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Audio Output Device is installed + Missing MMCSS: Hello, I'm a bit at my wits end so I hope someone can help me. The model I'm using is ASUS SF-314-52 if that is relevant. I opened up my computer to find no audio working and a 'No Audio Output Device is installed' error above my sound control. Everything was working fine...