Windows 10: Option to re-add built in "Connect" uwp app?

Discus and support Option to re-add built in "Connect" uwp app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So im going through my pc's with a fine tooth comb and trying to re-attain some parity after a long period of negligence and for whatever reason, one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by klepp0906, Feb 9, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Option to re-add built in "Connect" uwp app?

So im going through my pc's with a fine tooth comb and trying to re-attain some parity after a long period of negligence and for whatever reason, one is missing the Connect app.

Anyone know where this is tucked away or how to get it back?

seems to be no ~Microsoft.PPIProjection path/xml under SystemApps

its windows 10 pro, same as my main pc.

:)

klepp0906, Feb 9, 2020

2. Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

How can I remove all those UWP apps : e.g new Snipping, Edge, Connect, Phone, 3D, OneDrive, Cortana, Store,.... ?

***Edited for TOU/COC violation***

***Original Title: Remove All ugly UWP built in apps in Windows 1903***

Happy Dreamer, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows 10 1903 feature update now lets the users to uninstall a few apps using the
    Context menu. If you’re on the latest build of Windows 10, it will let you uninstall a few UWP applications using the
    Context Menu.

Option to re-add built in "Connect" uwp app? 2ff7c851-136c-4751-a8a2-21c4babe9c57?upload=true.png

Please find the list of apps that can now be uninstalled using the Context menu below:

• 3D Viewer
    • Calculator
    • Calendar
    • Groove Music
    • Mail
    • Movies & TV
    • Paint 3D
    • Snip & Sketch
    • Sticky Notes
    • Voice Recorder

To know how to uninstall the apps that cannot be uninstalled using the context menu, refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Removing Windows 10 Universal Apps via
    PowerShell
    by Anthony Bartolo.

Cortana is an integral part of Windows and she cannot be entirely turned off. However, if you don’t want Cortana functionality available to you on your taskbar, I would suggest you to follow these steps:
    Manage Cortana settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Option to re-add built in "Connect" uwp app?

Windows 10 Built in apps + UAC

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. We understand your requirement in this regard.

Please share these details.

• On which Microsoft account you are trying to disable these apps?

• When you say "we have an application in our company, which requires UAC to be disabled for it to work”. Which application you are referring to?

• On how many computers you are facing this issue?

• Are the systems connected to a domain network?

• Is the issue specific to this application?

You can see this error message “is app can't open with built in administrator account”, when you try to open built-in apps in built-in administrator. So you need a Microsoft account in order to make use of those built-in apps.

Moreover, I see you already disabled the UAC as per the application requirement that you use as a part of your company. We don’t recommend disabling UAC on to help make your computer secure. However currently we don’t have any option to run those
    app with built-in administrator.

I suggest that you provide your suggestions and feedbacks in the dedicated Feedback App. Follow these steps to provide suggestions in Windows Feedback App.

At any time, select Start, and then type Windows Feedback to send us your opinions and suggestions. Windows Feedback is only available if you have Diagnostic and usage data set to Full (Full is the recommended setting).

To change the Diagnostic and usage data setting, go to Start , then select Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics, and then, under Diagnostic and usage data, select an option.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Option to re-add built in "Connect" uwp app?

1. Option to re-add built in "Connect" uwp app? - Similar Threads - Option add built

2. Some built-in UWP apps such as notepad and camera are broken in Canary build 26016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some built-in UWP apps such as notepad and camera are broken in Canary build 26016: I can't access Feedback Hub probably because of this issue.I can't even use the normal Win+Shift+S because it is broken.Here is the issue in action: google driveThe names of each broken UWP app are changed to their link i think...
  3. What's the PowerShell command to re-install the preinstalled UWP apps on W11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the PowerShell command to re-install the preinstalled UWP apps on W11?: I'd like to know what's the command to re-install all the preinstalled UWP apps? The single line of PowerShell code that worked just fine for W10 no longer work at all on W11.I'm asking because I deleted an apps i ended up needing and now i'm unable to find said apps on the...
  4. What's the PowerShell command to re-install the preinstalled UWP apps on W11?

What's the PowerShell command to re-install the preinstalled UWP apps on W11?: I'd like to know what's the command to re-install all the preinstalled UWP apps? The single line of PowerShell code that worked just fine for W10 no longer work at all on W11.I'm asking because I deleted an apps i ended up needing and now i'm unable to find said apps on the...
  5. Is there a way to disable the "UWP app is suspended" option?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable the "UWP app is suspended" option?: When I play Minecraft and go into a different Window, Minecraft usually gets disconnected from the internet, which if I'm playing online, that's a problem. Is the UWP suspension what's causing this to happen? If so, how do I turn it off? submitted by /u/DabbingCats2005...
  6. Option to re-add/re-install math input panel?

Option to re-add/re-install math input panel?: So i removed this via the optional features section under settings > apps & features > optional features. I was under the assumption it could be added back the same way. Alas, its simply not there in the list to re-add. Since its not a widely used/popular feature, google...
  7. Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903: How can I remove all those UWP apps : e.g new Snipping, Edge, Connect, Phone, 3D, OneDrive, Cortana, Store,.... ? ***Edited for TOU/COC violation*** ***Original Title: Remove All ugly UWP built in apps in Windows 1903***...
  8. Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903: How can I remove all those UWP apps : e.g new Snipping, Edge, Connect, Phone, 3D, OneDrive, Cortana, Store,.... ? ***Edited for TOU/COC violation*** ***Original Title: Remove All ugly UWP built in apps in Windows 1903***...
  9. Remove All ugly UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove All ugly UWP built in apps in Windows 1903: How can I remove all those ugly UWP apps : e.g new Snipping, Edge, Connect, Phone, 3D shi**ts, OneDrive, Cortana(who the fu**ck speaks to his pc like fool?), Reality shi**ts, Store,.... ?...
  10. Visual Studio UWP App Packages Folder is built incorrectly.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Visual Studio UWP App Packages Folder is built incorrectly.: Hello I have asked this question before in both the Windows and Visual Studio forums with out much success. The problem is still there and I am beginning to suspect Windows Pro (Two PCs now Fail) as the culprit. I thought I would try again with the notion that a...