Windows 10: Option to turn off trackpad removed from settings

Discus and support Option to turn off trackpad removed from settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So after a forced update, now I am no longer allowed to turn off the trackpad on my laptop. The option simply vanished from the settings menu. Why on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KimberlyJustkimberly, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Option to turn off trackpad removed from settings

So after a forced update, now I am no longer allowed to turn off the trackpad on my laptop. The option simply vanished from the settings menu.

Why on earth would this option be taken away??

:)

KimberlyJustkimberly, Jan 11, 2019
  2. r0vens94 Win User

Trackpad settings removed after booting

I have a wireless mouse connected and I like to disable the trackpad when it's plugged in via usb. I go through all the steps to do this and it works fine, I do my work and shut down when I'm done. The next day when I power on, this setting has been reset
    I have to go back through the settings to turn the trackpad off. Is there anyway to fix this? It's annoying to have to do this everyday. It even resets if I put the laptop to sleep and do not fully shut it down.

r0vens94, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Trackpad driver is constantly removed

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Click "view" and select "show hidden devices".

3. If the trackpad driver is listed, right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the driver upon restart.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Option to turn off trackpad removed from settings

Keyboard and Trackpad Not Working

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you restore your computer to an earlier point in time.
    Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Since you're unable to use the keyboard and trackpad to log in to Windows 10, access the recovery environment and run system restore. To do that, follow these steps:

• Use the installation media to access the recovery environment. If you don't have one, go to this

link
    • Connect the recovery drive and turn on your PC.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot, and then select an option. If you don’t see the Choose your option screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer’s
      website for info on how to change your PC’s boot order.
    • Restore from a system restore point by selecting Advanced Options > System Restore. This will remove recently installed apps, drivers, and updates that might be causing your PC problems, but it won’t affect your personal
      files.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps.

Mark Ole, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Option to turn off trackpad removed from settings

1. Option to turn off trackpad removed from settings - Similar Threads - Option turn off

2. No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!: Please Help! Plugged in a monitor to my laptop with Nvidia 3060 through an HDMI cord and switched on HDR in Windows 10. Now the second monitor is not being recognized and there is no option to turn off HDR in Windows. Windows will not let me Extend the display to the new...
  3. No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!: Please Help! Plugged in a monitor to my laptop with Nvidia 3060 through an HDMI cord and switched on HDR in Windows 10. Now the second monitor is not being recognized and there is no option to turn off HDR in Windows. Windows will not let me Extend the display to the new...
  4. I can't remove a device from bluetooth settings, also I don't see the option to turn off...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove a device from bluetooth settings, also I don't see the option to turn off...: Please help im Just trying to connect my keyboard to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-a-device-from-bluetooth-settings/e777a3fe-4130-4fdc-b54a-a8b9a7ce283f
  5. I can't remove a device from bluetooth settings, also I don't see the option to turn off...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't remove a device from bluetooth settings, also I don't see the option to turn off...: Please help im Just trying to connect my keyboard to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-a-device-from-bluetooth-settings/e777a3fe-4130-4fdc-b54a-a8b9a7ce283f
  6. I can't remove a device from bluetooth settings, also I don't see the option to turn off...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Trackpad Setting

Trackpad Setting: I recently got an update for Windows 10, and it changed the scroll function on my trackpad. It used to be set so that the page would scroll the same direction as my fingers, but now they move the opposite way. I can't find any setting that will let me change this back, am I...
  8. WHY did you remove the option to turn off the touchpad???

WHY did you remove the option to turn off the touchpad???: I gotta say, I'm seriously sick of Microsoft making changes to my computer in their updates that I do not want. I have the touchpad turned off on my computer for a REASON! How in the world does it make any difference to Microsoft that I don't want to use the touchpad?? Why...
  9. Turn on trackpad gestures

Turn on trackpad gestures: Hi! I need help turning on the trackpad gestures for my HP computer after resetting it. Can you please help? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/turn-on-trackpad-gestures/f7e9bc52-5e8c-49a2-ba23-016d55a32f16
  10. Add or Remove Turn off hard disk after from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Turn off hard disk after from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Turn off hard disk after from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove 'Turn off hard disk after' from Power Options in Windows 10 The NVMe. Having your HDDs automatically turned off after being idle can help save energy and extend a PC's...