Windows 10: option to turn on bluetooth is gone

Discus and support option to turn on bluetooth is gone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My bluetooth has always worked fine, today when I tried to connect my airpods it wouldn't let me because "bluetooth is off." Then I noticed the option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThomasBob, Jun 17, 2020.

1. ThomasBob Win User

option to turn on bluetooth is gone

My bluetooth has always worked fine, today when I tried to connect my airpods it wouldn't let me because "bluetooth is off." Then I noticed the option to turn it ON is missing. I ran the troubleshooter and it said "Bluetooth is not available on this device. Please try using an external adapter." but I KNOW that bluetooth is built in because it was working just FINE yesterday. I even tried going to device manager and I couldn't find bluetooth anywhere.

:)

ThomasBob, Jun 17, 2020
  2. LVTHER Win User

Turned off bluetooth, now the button is gone.

I bought a Bluetooth dongle (ZEXMTE), worked as I needed, but then I turn off Bluetooth under devices, and now I cannot get it to turn back on.

option to turn on bluetooth is gone [​IMG]

Ive ran the troubleshooter
    The device shows up under device manager (when I unplug and plug it in, it plays the noise but doesnt flash anymore)
    Ive tried reinstalling the driver
    Made sure Bluetooth services are running

Also tried these steps:
    No button for bluetooth in action center - Windows 10 Forums
    blutooth not turning on in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

So I went into the device manager, right clicked, uninstalled the device. When I plugged it back it in, voila its working again.

LVTHER, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Word Man Win User
    Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10  

Yes, Shawn, but only insofar as immediate effect (the button became unlit and the text on it greyed out). After making that observation, without re-enabling Bluetooth in device manager, I rebooted. Upon reboot, I find that:

• The Bluetooth button in Action center is once again lit,
    • but "Bluetooth" is gone from the Devices menu, and
    • Right clicking Bluetooth in Device Manager, presents "Enable" as an option (implying it is indeed disabled).

Word Man, Jun 17, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. option to turn on bluetooth is gone - Similar Threads - option turn bluetooth

2. The option to turn on/off bluetooth is gone in windows 11 after a update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The option to turn on/off bluetooth is gone in windows 11 after a update: The option to turn on/off Bluetooth is gone in windows 11 after a update i am using a Lenovo Legion and after a windows update Bluetooth is gone and i can not use my headphones correctly...
  3. There is no option to turn on bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There is no option to turn on bluetooth: I've had this problem for the past week or so, everytime I want to connect my bluetooth headphones it says bluetooth is off and there isn't even an option to turn it on.Even though I was able to connect to bluetooth before this issue, when I try to run a troubleshooter it...
  4. There is no option to turn on bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no option to turn on bluetooth: I've had this problem for the past week or so, everytime I want to connect my bluetooth headphones it says bluetooth is off and there isn't even an option to turn it on.Even though I was able to connect to bluetooth before this issue, when I try to run a troubleshooter it...
  5. There is no option to turn on bluetooth

6. The option to turn on/off bluetooth is gone in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The option to turn on/off bluetooth is gone in windows 11: Troubleshooting it says "Bluetooth is not available on this device" even tho i have used bluetooth multiple times on it. Ive tried updating the drivers but theyre all up to date. windows is up to date. sometimes the option is there but disappears after 3-5 minutes after...
  7. The option to turn on/off bluetooth is gone in windows 11

The option to turn on/off bluetooth is gone in windows 11: Troubleshooting it says "Bluetooth is not available on this device" even tho i have used bluetooth multiple times on it. Ive tried updating the drivers but theyre all up to date. windows is up to date. sometimes the option is there but disappears after 3-5 minutes after...
  8. The Bluetooth option is gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Bluetooth option is gone: Hi . I have Bluetooth on my laptop. Two months ago, I changed my Windows. And since then, I can not connect via Bluetooth. The Bluetooth option is gone and I can't turn it on in the settings. What should I do ?...
  9. Bluetooth option is gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth option is gone: My bluetooth turned off by itself, and the switch to turn it on is just not there. I've tried turning everything I could find off and back on again. I've updated everything I could update. I've tried everything I could think of and nothing seems to work. Windows says...
  10. No option to turn on bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to turn on bluetooth: I have a dell inspiron 3593 laptop. I also have the latest updates to Windows 10. When I try to connect to a bluetooth device it says to turn bluetooth on while there is no option. Any help is appreciated thanks. submitted by /u/random_reddit_bot- [link] [comments]...