Windows 10: Option to uninstall Meet Now not hide icon and other invasive features

Discus and support Option to uninstall Meet Now not hide icon and other invasive features in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft's MS insatiable appetite to fire up our microphones, cameras, and WiFi at will is a security nightmare. With the amount of security flaws... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tom_the_Dovahkiin, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Option to uninstall Meet Now not hide icon and other invasive features

Microsoft's MS insatiable appetite to fire up our microphones, cameras, and WiFi at will is a security nightmare. With the amount of security flaws Windows has, the MS decision to make available our I/O easier is a step in the wrong direction as hardware and OS hardening goes. For once, I'd like to see Microsoft release a minimalist version of Window 10 and allow the adult audience to toggle on/off what apps and features we, the customer, see fit. That's to include what apps get to be installed e.g. Edge, Meet Now, Cortana, etc ....Is it just me, or is the direction of MS app

:)

Tom_the_Dovahkiin, Apr 24, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New user setting to hide or show Google Meet in Gmail

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New user setting to hide or show Google Meet in Gmail

Brink, Apr 24, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add "Options" screen + add icon for it

Suggestion:
    The place for the options, namely the top left corner system menu, is a bit strange, most similar programs do not use it like that.
    Most programs use a separate Options (or maybe Settings, whichever sounds best) screen.

So, I suggest for the menu items in the system menu to become like this:
    Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimize
    Close
    Check for Update...
    Options
    Read Asic Quality
    Launch GPU-Z Instaler
    About...
    (or maybe Always on Top option can also stay)

Also, optionally I suggest adding a Gear or maybe Wrench icon next to the Camera icon in top right.
    When that Gear or Wrench icon is clicked, for the Options/Settings screen to appear.
    Where we have the Tooltips, Always on Top, Tooltip language and the other options.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments!

NOTE: Also, if the Size system menu item as well as the Restore menu item are not needed, they can both be removed. It is not trivial, but there is a way. *Smile Option to uninstall Meet Now not hide icon and other invasive features :)

4. IVO
    ivo Win User

Option to uninstall Meet Now not hide icon and other invasive features

Uninstall gpuz

Hi yesterday I have installed gpuz (TechPowerUp) for show type of memory on my gtx 1070 (micron dam...) after I have uninstall the program but in the menù list on the... show hide icon in the tray menù
    show again TechPowerGPU-Z how I can delete its completely?

bye

Thema:

Option to uninstall Meet Now not hide icon and other invasive features

1. Option to uninstall Meet Now not hide icon and other invasive features - Similar Threads - Option uninstall Meet

2. Completely *COMPLETELY 100%* NOT HIDE NOT HIDE NOT HIDE REMOVE MEET NOW!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Completely *COMPLETELY 100%* NOT HIDE NOT HIDE NOT HIDE REMOVE MEET NOW!: I need to know exactly how to completely remove meet now, not hide it, completely remove it.Please provide all instances within the operating system, registry, shell, whatever. This needs to be completely removed, not hidden, completely removed.Also pass this to the dev team...
  3. How to uninstall optional features with revo uninstaller ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall optional features with revo uninstaller ?: Hoe to to a clean uninstall win10 optional features using revo uninstaller ? It only show the apps to unstall but not optional features. 182875
  4. How to Uninstall Meet Now

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to Uninstall Meet Now: I spent the last half hour searching the web on how to uninstall Meet Now with no lick.I want to uninstall it... not disable it or hide it... I want to uninstall it.Any ideas???This really getting annoying with Windows throwing all these things without asking me.I still...
  5. MEET NOW ICON

MEET NOW ICON: I RECENLY UPDATED MY HP 15 NOTEBOOK PC TO THE LATEST VERISON OF WINDOWS {WINDOWS 10 20H2} i want to add meet now icon to my taskbar but when i got turn on system icons on or off settings i cant see meet now option to enable.HP NOTEBOOK-15WINDOWS 10 20H2...
  6. Windows 10 Meet Now Taskbar Icon

Windows 10 Meet Now Taskbar Icon: Hi, I have noticed that the Windows 10 Meet Now icon has been missing from my taskbar, even after updating to version 20H2. I've checked all of the available settings for the taskbar and for some reason the icon's not showing on my system. Any advice to get it back...
  7. Windows update uninstalls optional features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update uninstalls optional features: At our business we use several fonts that are now optional features they were not optional when we originally chose the fonts. Most updates uninstall the optional features, and we have to go back to reinstall fonts that we use every day. Is there a way to keep updates from...
  8. No Meet Now Icon in Taskbar Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Meet Now Icon in Taskbar Settings: Currently on Insider Build 20236 (2010009-1631) and I tried out the new Meet Now feature a few days ago which worked fine. However the icon seems to have disappeared from the taskbar and I cannot find it in the Taskbar Settings as well. Is there any way that I can re-enable...
  9. Can't uninstall optional features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't uninstall optional features: I wanted to uninstall Notepad to install the UWP Notepad from the Microsoft Store, but Windows won't let me uninstall classic Notepad. [ATTACH] Please help!!!...
  10. Uninstalling Optional features

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalling Optional features: Hi. I want to uninstall Optional features, now that we can in W10 1903. But I dont want to "lose" Internet Explorer or Windows media player. I dont use this programs but IE is the only other browser that I have other than Firefox and Windows media player is the only other...