Windows 10: Option to update our app on the Microsoft Store is not appearing for some users

Discus and support Option to update our app on the Microsoft Store is not appearing for some users in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; We have had a UWP app on the Microsoft Store since 2016 The app is called APE Mobile. At the beginning of June 2020 we started getting reports from... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by david-hayward, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Option to update our app on the Microsoft Store is not appearing for some users

We have had a UWP app on the Microsoft Store since 2016 The app is called APE Mobile. At the beginning of June 2020 we started getting reports from some but not all of our users that they were not seeing an option to upgrade their app when a new version came out. We have seen this ourselves on two Surface tablets.

It is not a problem installing the app, but rather it seems to be a problem with the Microsoft Store app not recognising that there is a new release available.

Initially we spoke with Microsoft Partner Support and they could not find any issues with our app or the way we were submitting it to the Store. They suggested we contact Consumer support who eventually redirected us to the Community forums.

We are working around the problem for affected customers by downloading the app package from the store and making it available for them to download and install manually, but this is a workaround rather than a viable long-term solution.

Is there a known problem with the Microsoft Store not recognising updates, and if so, is there anything we can do as an app developer to work around it?

Or if the Microsoft Store is not considered a reliable channel for distributing updates globally, then what alternatives are there?

:)

david-hayward, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Store adds new Wish list option for all Windows 10 users

Read more: Microsoft Store adds new wish list option for all Windows 10 users | On MSFT

Brink, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Store adds new Wish list option for all Windows 10 users

Read more: Microsoft Store adds new wish list option for all Windows 10 users | On MSFT

Brink, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Option to update our app on the Microsoft Store is not appearing for some users

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Option to update our app on the Microsoft Store is not appearing for some users

1. Option to update our app on the Microsoft Store is not appearing for some users - Similar Threads - Option update app

2. When I try to open Microsoft Store or some app downloaded by Microsoft store appear an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to open Microsoft Store or some app downloaded by Microsoft store appear an...: When I try to open Microsoft Store or some app downloaded by Microsoft store appear an error saying "This app has been blocked by your system administrator". How I could fix that ?...
  3. When I try to open Microsoft Store or some app downloaded by Microsoft store appear an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to open Microsoft Store or some app downloaded by Microsoft store appear an...: When I try to open Microsoft Store or some app downloaded by Microsoft store appear an error saying "This app has been blocked by your system administrator". How I could fix that ?...
  4. Microsoft store will not update any apps "Something happened on our end"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store will not update any apps "Something happened on our end": I recently got a new laptop, whenever I try to update any apps in the Microsoft store, they will download, say 'installing' then present an error: "Something happened on our end."Here is an example, the same thing happens for all apps.Things I have tried:Restart windowsCheck...
  5. Microsoft store will not update any apps "Something happened on our end"

Microsoft store will not update any apps "Something happened on our end": I recently got a new laptop, whenever I try to update any apps in the Microsoft store, they will download, say 'installing' then present an error: "Something happened on our end."Here is an example, the same thing happens for all apps.Things I have tried:Restart windowsCheck...
  6. Microsoft store will not update any apps "Something happened on our end"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Microsoft Store updates some apps but not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store updates some apps but not others: When I try to download updates through Microsoft Store, I get the "Something happened on our end" message for most of the apps but some update just fine with no problem. I looked in the SoftwareDistribution/Download folder and there are folders created but all are empty. The...
  8. Microsoft Store updates some apps but not others

Microsoft Store updates some apps but not others: When I try to download updates through Microsoft Store, I get the "Something happened on our end" message for most of the apps but some update just fine with no problem. I looked in the SoftwareDistribution/Download folder and there are folders created but all are empty. The...
  9. Some Apps dont appear in second user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Some Apps dont appear in second user account: I created a standard user account recently with the person's Microsoft account. however many apps that have been installed in the admin account on the laptop don't appear in the standard user account. do note that I am not talking about apps installed from the app store...
  10. Microsoft Store ignoring "Update Apps Automatically" option.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store ignoring "Update Apps Automatically" option.: As soon as I connected to Wi-Fi, wsappx started using a bunch of CPU and network bandwidth. I opened the Microsoft Store, and went to the Downloads and Updates. It was updating some of my apps, even though I disabled Update Apps Automatically under the settings. I even...