Windows 10: Option to View Item Check Boxes in Explorer is broken

Discus and support Option to View Item Check Boxes in Explorer is broken in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the Explorer, View Tab, you can select, Item Check Boxes. This should show boxes next to each file and folder that can be selected. This seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IsaacFL, Aug 21, 2016.

1. IsaacFL Win User

Option to View Item Check Boxes in Explorer is broken

In the Explorer, View Tab, you can select, Item Check Boxes. This should show boxes next to each file and folder that can be selected.

This seems to be broken.

On my desktop, the check boxes are not there, but there is space for the check box, and you can select it but no check box shows up.

On my laptop, the checkboxes are not visible until you hover over the location, then the show up.

Seems like one more MS broken item.

:)

IsaacFL, Aug 21, 2016

2. checkboxes

Open Start, type: File Explorer Options

Under the View tab

Check off the option 'Use check boxes to select items.

Click Apply then OK

Andre Da Costa, Aug 21, 2016
  3. checkboxes

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

Open File Explorer - View tab - on right "Options" --> "Change Folder and search options" - View tab - check "Use check boxes to select items" - APPLY.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 21, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

You may need to have the left mouse click button set for 'Single Click'.

Edwin, Aug 21, 2016
  5. IsaacFL Win User
    I tried Single Click and check box is still not there, so it is not that.

IsaacFL, Aug 21, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    On File Explorer click View, click on Item check boxes.

Option to View Item Check Boxes in Explorer is broken [​IMG]

Berton, Aug 21, 2016
  7. IsaacFL Win User
    Your picture shows the issue.

Before, when Item check boxes was checked, there was a box next to each folder or file, that you could check, just like the one before Name. Now as you can see in your picture the check boxes are gone.

IsaacFL, Aug 21, 2016
  8. mrgeek Win User

If you have the item box ticked in the View at the top, all you have to do is hover the mouse over your selection and the check box will appear for that item. I'll presume you know how to use 'ctrl' to multi-select or 'shift' to select a block of items.

Option to View Item Check Boxes in Explorer is broken [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Option to View Item Check Boxes in Explorer is broken - Similar Threads - Option View Item

2. Win 11 Item Check Boxes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Item Check Boxes.: Windows 11 File Explorer has an option as before to single click or double click to open a file. Also it is possible to show or not show "Item Check Boxes". The "Show" option at the bottom of the "View" menu item. When the preview pane is on, and we have chosen to show check...
  3. Win 11 Item Check Boxes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Item Check Boxes.: Windows 11 File Explorer has an option as before to single click or double click to open a file. Also it is possible to show or not show "Item Check Boxes". The "Show" option at the bottom of the "View" menu item. When the preview pane is on, and we have chosen to show check...
  4. Explorer Check Boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Check Boxes: I have a laptop. It cannot be a tablet. The keyboard does not detach. In Explorer have deselected View>Show>Item Check Boxes and I cannot get the check boxes to NOT show. I don't want them to show. I have also deselected System>Personalization>Taskbar Behaviors>Optimize...
  5. Explorer Check Boxes

Explorer Check Boxes: I have a laptop. It cannot be a tablet. The keyboard does not detach. In Explorer have deselected View>Show>Item Check Boxes and I cannot get the check boxes to NOT show. I don't want them to show. I have also deselected System>Personalization>Taskbar Behaviors>Optimize...
  6. View option on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View option on File Explorer: Upon opening file explorer, I want my file explorer to go to This PC/c:/users/me/documents, like it has until recently. Apparently, an update from win 11 changed this. I don’t want to go to my Registry. This should be a simple option to choose.Changing the Folder Options...
  7. View option on File Explorer

View option on File Explorer: Upon opening file explorer, I want my file explorer to go to This PC/c:/users/me/documents, like it has until recently. Apparently, an update from win 11 changed this. I don’t want to go to my Registry. This should be a simple option to choose.Changing the Folder Options...
  8. Check boxes on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check boxes on file explorer: Today my file explorer started looking like this. A check boxes by each item.How do I get rid of them? Note that the option to show check boxes is NOT selected....
  9. Check boxes on file explorer

Check boxes on file explorer: Today my file explorer started looking like this. A check boxes by each item.How do I get rid of them? Note that the option to show check boxes is NOT selected....
  10. file explorer view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer view options: View layout options are not showing in file explorer. This means when looking at pictures I change the current selection, eg from large icon to extra large, or to details to see when the photos were downloaded from my camera. How can I restore the layout options?...