Windows 10: Optional Apple USB Driver

Discus and support Optional Apple USB Driver in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Does anyone know anything about this driver? [img] I have an iPhone 6S Plus that I connect to my computer once in a while and I have no problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EyeInTheSky, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Optional Apple USB Driver

Does anyone know anything about this driver?

Optional Apple USB Driver [​IMG]

I have an iPhone 6S Plus that I connect to my computer once in a while and I have no problems with the USB connection other than iTunes throws an error 54 code when it tries to communicate with the phone sometimes but not always.

Usually unplugging the USB and plugging it back in when iTunes is already open fixes the error 54 code and I can then backup my phone. iTunes recently had an update to Version 12.10.10.2 and I haven't got the error 54 code since the update.

So I guess my question is: "Do I need this update?" Common sense tells me to not download it because I am not having a specific problem with the USB device (iPhone 6S Plus) connecting; yet I wonder if the driver is intended for security issues and it should be downloaded for that reason.

Or better yet, can anyone tell me that they downloaded this optional update and it caused a problem rather than fixing a problem?

I'm pretty sure I could remove the update if it did cause problems; but I would like to know if anyone has in-depth knowledge as to if the driver update was related to a security issue.

:)

EyeInTheSky, Oct 27, 2020

2. Optional Apple USB Driver

Does anyone know anything about this driver?

Optional Apple USB Driver [​IMG]

I have an iPhone 6S Plus that I connect to my computer once in a while and I have no problems with the USB connection other than iTunes throws an error 54 code when it tries to communicate with the phone sometimes but not always.

Usually unplugging the USB and plugging it back in when iTunes is already open fixes the error 54 code and I can then backup my phone. iTunes recently had an update to Version 12.10.10.2 and I haven't got the error 54 code since the update.

So I guess my question is: "Do I need this update?" Common sense tells me to not download it because I am not having a specific problem with the USB device (iPhone 6S Plus) connecting; yet I wonder if the driver is intended for security issues and it should be downloaded for that reason.

Or better yet, can anyone tell me that they downloaded this optional update and it caused a problem rather than fixing a problem?

I'm pretty sure I could remove the update if it did cause problems; but I would like to know if anyone has in-depth knowledge as to if the driver update was related to a security issue.

EyeInTheSky, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install

Thank you so much, I didn't even need to click on the 'Have disk' option as the Apple Mobile Device USB driver appeared in the list. All sorted, very grateful for your help. Optional Apple USB Driver :)

BeigeToast x, Oct 27, 2020
  4. DarkUrse Win User

Optional Apple USB Driver

Windows 10 - apple touchpad driver incomplete or damaged

I ended up asking on microsoft answers forum and a support engineer gave me the perfect answer.

Her answer was as follow :

And it does !

DarkUrse, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Optional Apple USB Driver

1. Optional Apple USB Driver - Similar Threads - Optional Apple USB

2. Can't download Apple, inc - USB Driver: error 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download Apple, inc - USB Driver: error 0x80070002: Hello,I've been trying to update my PC but when I try to download it says error 0x80070002. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apple-inc-usb-driver-error/ccc4be37-c959-4768-adf1-07bc118f5687
  3. Can't download Apple, inc - USB Driver: error 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download Apple, inc - USB Driver: error 0x80070002: Hello,I've been trying to update my PC but when I try to download it says error 0x80070002. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apple-inc-usb-driver-error/ccc4be37-c959-4768-adf1-07bc118f5687
  4. Can't download Apple, inc - USB Driver: error 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. USB not working with Apple products?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not working with Apple products?: Hey, I'm having an issue with my USB. I don't know if it's driver or mobo, but I think it's drivers. I checked device manager and found "Device ROOT\WPD\0000 was deleted." under the USB section, and I don't know how to fix it....
  6. USB not working with Apple products?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not working with Apple products?: Hey, I'm having an issue with my USB. I don't know if it's driver or mobo, but I think it's drivers. I checked device manager and found "Device ROOT\WPD\0000 was deleted." under the USB section, and I don't know how to fix it....
  7. Apple mobile Device USB Driver in Settings .....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apple mobile Device USB Driver in Settings .....: Apple mobile Device USB Driver in Settings is Missing. I cant remember exactly where it was in the List. All it said was this Device Needs Trouble Shooting. I Clicked on it & selected Remove Device, & a Message Popped up and said Are You Sure you want to delete this...
  8. Apple Mobile Device USB Driver

Apple Mobile Device USB Driver: I need help with getting my laptop, running Windows 10 to recognize my IPod Classic 160gb. It will recognize my IPad through Bluetooth but ITunes won't recognize my IPod Classic (with no Bluetooth, of course!). So far I have done the following: 1. Restarted everything;...
  9. Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install

Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install: Trying to set up my new iPhone. My current phone is an iPhone 7, my new phone is and iPhone XS. My iTunes recognises my iPhone XS but not my iPhone 7. As I wish to back up my iPhone 7 and restore it to my XS. I have reinstalled iTunes on Windows 64 bit due to issues on the...
  10. Apple drivers

Apple drivers: im trying to recover my iphone 6 as its been disabled after too many passcode attempts, the only way i can recover is by the itunes recovery option but everytime i connect my iphone to the laptop its not recognising, any ideas? do i need to get some sort of driver installed...