Windows 10: Optional Display Sleep Per Monitor

Discus and support Optional Display Sleep Per Monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] this should be very straight forward but is seemingly impossible. I have 2 standard monitors and a TV all plugged in to one box, I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fuckcode, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Optional Display Sleep Per Monitor

Optional Display Sleep Per Monitor blgzLg7OQrn20sn01RluZ0b7_XR-UMErH2tPG8LnOQE.jpg

this should be very straight forward but is seemingly impossible.

I have 2 standard monitors and a TV all plugged in to one box, I want to be able to play media on the TV while the two monitors adhere to the standard display time out settings and turn themselves off after 10 minutes.

at the minute, playing any media one on screen obviously keeps all screens turned on. This is dumb.

id like; turn off display 1: 10 mins, turn off display 2: 10 mins, turn off display 3: never.

id like; turn off display 1: 10 mins, turn off display 2: 10 mins, turn off display 3: never.

ive googled the crap out of it but cant find a reasonable solution. black screens, dark wallpapers, all that stuff is not an option, the monitors must time out after 10 mins of non use, the tv must remain on all the time.

any halp?

submitted by /u/fuckcode
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fuckcode, Feb 9, 2021

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Optional Display Sleep Per Monitor

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Optional Display Sleep Per Monitor

1. Optional Display Sleep Per Monitor - Similar Threads - Optional Display Sleep

2. Display settings per user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings per user: I have several users on my Windows 11 computer. I have two extra displays connected to this computer.This is what I am looking for: for example when user X is logged in, I would like to use only one display, when another user is logged in, I would like to use all three...
  3. "Ease cursor movement between displays" per monitor setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Ease cursor movement between displays" per monitor setting: Hi, is it possible to disable the "ease cursor movement between displays" setting on a single monitor? Below is a screenshot of my setup, and while it's a very nice feature, I don't want it for my 1st monitor when going up left. If I could just completely disable it for this...
  4. "Ease cursor movement between displays" per monitor setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Ease cursor movement between displays" per monitor setting: Hi, is it possible to disable the "ease cursor movement between displays" setting on a single monitor? Below is a screenshot of my setup, and while it's a very nice feature, I don't want it for my 1st monitor when going up left. If I could just completely disable it for this...
  5. Custom display scaling per monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom display scaling per monitor: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/caefzu/custom_scaling_per_monitor/ Is this possible by now? In windows10 you have to use custom scaling, because with the regular scaling option, basic stuff like properties of a file are blurry. The problem is that custom scaling,...
  6. Per monitor sleep setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Per monitor sleep setting: Is there a way to configure sleep settings per monitor. One monitor is my actual monitor, the extended 'monitor' is an hdmi cable to my receiver for sound only. When my display goes to sleep, the sound cuts out too (so no Spotify in the background for instance). Would be...
  7. Do not display the monitor after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Do not display the monitor after sleep mode: hi. When the system is turned off from sleep mode Sometimes the monitor does not display. And the monitor screen stays black. But the graphics card is on and the fans are spinning. The keyboard freezes and nothing can be done. I can only restart from the case. This error is...
  8. Separate screens per monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate screens per monitor: I have installed a second monitor successfully and Windows 10 has detected it. I want to run a different screen / programme on each screen. But when I click on the second screen, it opens a screen on my laptop instead of my external monitor. Please advise....
  9. Seperate screens per monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Seperate screens per monitor: I have installed a second monitor successfully and Windows 10 has detected it. I want to run a different screen / programme on each screen. But when I click on the second screen, it opens a screen on my laptop instead of my external monitor. Please advise....
  10. Per-monitor sleep settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Per-monitor sleep settings: I use an HDMI connection for both a screen and audio, so when the screen goes to sleep I lose sound. Is there a way to configure a particular monitor/HDMI connection to never sleep? I want to keep power saving settings on my display, but not lose sound when it goes to...