Windows 10: Optional Feature problems

Discus and support Optional Feature problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Anyone knows how to solve this issue? It keeps popping up "Something happened and we couldn't install a feature" and it annoys me. I thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Junnieee, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Junnieee Win User

Optional Feature problems

Optional Feature problems e0ca56f5-bacf-4ba6-9a4f-4ad8cf0d7df7?upload=true.png Anyone knows how to solve this issue? It keeps popping up "Something happened and we couldn't install a feature" and it annoys me. I thought updating Windows could help but it did not.

:)

Junnieee, Jul 18, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 18, 2018
  3. How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

manage optional features

Hi Alicia,

There could be a setting that has been configured to open the Manage optional features automatically. We'd like to know a few things so we could provide an accurate resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is Manage optional features popping up right after you turn on your computer or while using it?
    • Are you trying to disable the Manage optional features completely?

If you're trying to disable any of the optional features, here are the steps on how to do it :

• Go to Control Panel and click on Programs.
    • Click on the Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On Windows Features, select the feature(s) that you want to enable or disable and click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer as the wizard says to complete the task.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Optional Feature problems - Similar Threads - Optional Feature problems

2. Optional features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional features: I cant download 'Windows media pack' or 'Media feature pack' through optional features. When i try to go to 'Add a feature' and find these two features and click install they are bugged like this: https://prnt.sc/26ednvd , and wont install from this point....
  3. Optional features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional features: Following an update which created too many issues including failure of a set point reset, I was forced to recover Windows, leaving the files but erasing or deleting all programs, and leaving a mess, including dead start all program icons and missing apps or features. I am...
  4. Optional features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional features: My Windows 10 OS is 10.0.19041.329. I noticed when I want to bring up "OptionalFeatures" the opened window stays blank not getting populated with either enabled or disabled windows features. I am interested at least to see there Microsoft.NET 3 or 4.5 features. I tried to...
  5. Optional Features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Optional Features: I am on a Windows 10 version 2004 PC and I have no optional features listed. I can't see any optional feature history or install any new features. In version 1909 I had a list of features and I could easily install features. What is going on?[ATTACH]...
  6. Optional Features

Optional Features: Windows is persistently trying to add a new feature it is the language English GB , an then reporting that something happened and it could not add the feature. I would like to cancel the request to add the feature, but it wont let me cancel it. Please help me to stop this...
  7. Optional features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optional features: Hello , We are facing issue with the optional features . All are downloading automatically and failing. Daily we are getting popup twice or thrice a day related to optional features. Can you help out me...
  8. Optional features

Optional features: So, I have given up on speech recognition and want to stop having Windows attempt to install every few minutes. The speech recognition (British English) option isn't on either of the options lists any more. Probably in between because it is still trying to install. How do I...
  9. Windows Optional Features Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Optional Features Problem: Hi, the handwriting input panel in my PC running Windows 10 SL is broken. It's fine to using the on-screen keyboard, but when i switched to handwriting input, the panel freezes and then closes itself. Also i got an error when i'm trying to personalise the handwriting...
  10. optional features

in Windows 10 Support
    optional features: Installing optional features failed, why? Optinal features for english language are installed. Extra language package are downloaded and installed. 58840