Windows 10: Optional Feature that I don't want keeps trying to Install and failing

Discus and support Optional Feature that I don't want keeps trying to Install and failing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGch...p5HW/giphy.gif Hi, I have had this annoying problem always with Windows 10. I am from Finland, and I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fin95, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Fin95 Win User

Optional Feature that I don't want keeps trying to Install and failing

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGch...p5HW/giphy.gif

Hi, I have had this annoying problem always with Windows 10. I am from Finland, and I use English Windows. I have set-up my Windows so that I have Finnish Keyboard and English UI.

However, for some reason this annoying Optional Feature keeps trying to install multiple times a day, and I can't find a way to fix it. I have never wanted to install it, and there is no way to select "I don't want this!". Worst part is, it always fails to install it... As you can see from the link, there are quite few pop-ups I have had to deal with.

How can I fix this problem?

:)

Fin95, Mar 28, 2017
  2. Weboli Win User

Windows 10 optional features fail to install and installation loops

I attempt to Add Russian, Czech, Slovak dictionaries, typing.

then

"Something happened and we couldn't install a feature. Tap for further information

DEFAULTS TO: " Settings/See Optional Feature History"

Tap and see that Windows tries over and over again to install features and fails. Further optional feature history shows Windows wants to install all kinds of things I don't want for these languages, like ocr and handwriting recognition.

Settings offers no solution.

What is the poor consumer to do?

Weboli, Mar 28, 2017
  3. Windows 10, version 1607 keeps failing to install

Hi Mahir, that didn't work either.

Tried twice. Failed both times.

Windows Update is still showing "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607" as a pending update.

It doesn't say why it failed. When I check "Windows Update > Advanced options > View your update history", it doesn't even show that it failed to update. The last update it mentions in the log is a Windows Defender update that was successful.

I checked the Control Panel > Administrative > Event Log and it doesn't show up as failed in there either.

Anyways..... I don't want to spend any more time on this. How can I block Windows from trying to install this update? I don't want to spend any more time on it. I just want to skip this update altogether, and I don't want to be prompted to install version
    1607 anymore.

CommunityUser001, Mar 28, 2017
  4. Optional Feature that I don't want keeps trying to Install and failing

It is just a guess, but try to disable this task. Run CMD as admin and copy/paste:

schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\LanguageComponentsInstaller\Installation" /Disable

If it does not help, enable it back.

schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\LanguageComponentsInstaller\Installation" /Enable

TairikuOkami, Mar 30, 2017
  5. Fin95 Win User
    Thank you!
    I'm not 100% sure at the moment if the problem is fixed, but I haven't received popups in a day. *Smile

Fin95, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Optional Feature that I don't want keeps trying to Install and failing

1. Optional Feature that I don't want keeps trying to Install and failing - Similar Threads - Optional Feature don't

2. 1803 to 1903 - don't want to upgrade - keeps trying to upgrade and freezes / fails / BSOD's...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1803 to 1903 - don't want to upgrade - keeps trying to upgrade and freezes / fails / BSOD's...: How can I stop this from happening? I'm nearly certain my hardware (dual Westmere Xeon X5650) doesn't meet the Win 10 1903 requirements. I have no idea how to stop this or force the update through. Any ideas? submitted by /u/varietist_department [link] [comments]...
  3. Solution to optional features shows "No features to install"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Solution to optional features shows "No features to install": I was seeing this message when attempting to install a new optional feature under Windows 10 (Settings --> Apps --> Apps & Features --> Optional features --> Add a feature). A web search led me to several other questions on this forum posted by users seeing the same...
  4. updates i don't want that i put off from last year are trying to install

in Windows 10 Customization
    updates i don't want that i put off from last year are trying to install: last year i was able to stave off the bit updates and creator whatever it was. My pc accidentallyshut off today adn when i restarted it i see that the update and restart option is now there to put on updates. I don't want them so i keep my laptop on a m etered connection aand...
  5. Language feature keeps failing to download.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language feature keeps failing to download.: Hello everyone, Today I added another language to my laptop (English GB) and my system started downloading the features for this language. This was all fine, until it tried to download the English (GB) speech recognition. The download keeps failing halfway through and it...
  6. Optional Features Failing to Install - Win10 1809 - Domain Computer

Optional Features Failing to Install - Win10 1809 - Domain Computer: I'm an early implementer of the October 2018 Release. I'm also the sys admin and need the full compliment of RSAT applications. These used to be installed after the upgrade was finished as standalone apps. With 1809, they are all to be installed as Optional Features. If...
  7. Windows 10 Optional Feature installation Failed

Windows 10 Optional Feature installation Failed: Hi , i am using windows 10 ( update 1803) . i am getting installation failure message 'Something happened and we couldnt install a feature' message continuously for last couple of months.. on checking the history i could see it was trying to install some feature for...
  8. Optional features keep downloading

in Windows 10 Support
    Optional features keep downloading: Despite numerous registry tweaks I applied, I still get these stupid optional features to download and install shortly after Windows boots for the first time. For example, "optical character recognition". Is there anything I can do? 113551
  9. non-stop auto try/fail install four UNWANTED "Optional Features"

in Windows 10 Support
    non-stop auto try/fail install four UNWANTED "Optional Features": I have refreshed WinX v. 1703 and it has been trying non-stop to add and install several language "Optional Features" that I absolutely do not want! Action Center msg "There was a problem and could not install ..." coming maybe 20 times/day!! How can I get WinX to "cease &...
  10. Windows 10 Feature update 1709 keeps failing to install

Windows 10 Feature update 1709 keeps failing to install: I had similar troubles when upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 but managed to get through it by removing all usb peripherals except keyboard and mouse. I recently upgraded my motherboard, ram, cpu and graphics card. I was online with Microsoft for an hour fixing the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. languages keeps trying to install optional features

2. optional setting install fail

3. stop windows from trying to download optional features

4. optional feature annoying,
  5. optional feature install keeps failing,
  6. download optional features failing