Windows 10: Optional Feature that I don't want keeps trying to Install and failing

Discus and support Optional Feature that I don't want keeps trying to Install and failing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGch...p5HW/giphy.gif Hi, I have had this annoying problem always with Windows 10. I am from Finland, and I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fin95, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Fin95 Win User

Optional Feature that I don't want keeps trying to Install and failing

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGch...p5HW/giphy.gif

Hi, I have had this annoying problem always with Windows 10. I am from Finland, and I use English Windows. I have set-up my Windows so that I have Finnish Keyboard and English UI.

However, for some reason this annoying Optional Feature keeps trying to install multiple times a day, and I can't find a way to fix it. I have never wanted to install it, and there is no way to select "I don't want this!". Worst part is, it always fails to install it... As you can see from the link, there are quite few pop-ups I have had to deal with.

How can I fix this problem?

:)

Fin95, Mar 28, 2017
  2. Weboli Win User

Windows 10 optional features fail to install and installation loops

I attempt to Add Russian, Czech, Slovak dictionaries, typing.

then

"Something happened and we couldn't install a feature. Tap for further information

DEFAULTS TO: " Settings/See Optional Feature History"

Tap and see that Windows tries over and over again to install features and fails. Further optional feature history shows Windows wants to install all kinds of things I don't want for these languages, like ocr and handwriting recognition.

Settings offers no solution.

What is the poor consumer to do?

Weboli, Mar 28, 2017
  3. Windows 10, version 1607 keeps failing to install

Hi Mahir, that didn't work either.

Tried twice. Failed both times.

Windows Update is still showing "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607" as a pending update.

It doesn't say why it failed. When I check "Windows Update > Advanced options > View your update history", it doesn't even show that it failed to update. The last update it mentions in the log is a Windows Defender update that was successful.

I checked the Control Panel > Administrative > Event Log and it doesn't show up as failed in there either.

Anyways..... I don't want to spend any more time on this. How can I block Windows from trying to install this update? I don't want to spend any more time on it. I just want to skip this update altogether, and I don't want to be prompted to install version
    1607 anymore.

CommunityUser001, Mar 28, 2017
  4. Optional Feature that I don't want keeps trying to Install and failing

It is just a guess, but try to disable this task. Run CMD as admin and copy/paste:

schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\LanguageComponentsInstaller\Installation" /Disable

If it does not help, enable it back.

schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\LanguageComponentsInstaller\Installation" /Enable

TairikuOkami, Mar 30, 2017
  5. Fin95 Win User
    Thank you!
    I'm not 100% sure at the moment if the problem is fixed, but I haven't received popups in a day. *Smile

Fin95, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Optional Feature that I don't want keeps trying to Install and failing

1. Optional Feature that I don't want keeps trying to Install and failing - Similar Threads - Optional Feature don't

2. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional Features - Install Failed: I am trying to install RSATs. When I try to, I get the error code 0x80072F8F.I have tried changing the registry entries with no success.I have checked my time on the pc and in the BIOS with no success. I have rebooted the computer several times and no success. I have ran SFC...
  3. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional Features - Install Failed: I am trying to install RSATs. When I try to, I get the error code 0x80072F8F.I have tried changing the registry entries with no success.I have checked my time on the pc and in the BIOS with no success. I have rebooted the computer several times and no success. I have ran SFC...
  4. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  6. optional feature install failed

optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  7. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. don't want timeline feature.

in Windows 10 Customization
    don't want timeline feature.: https://www.howtogeek.com/348138/how-to-disable-the-timeline-on-windows-10/I want to get rid of this on my laptop and nothing that is shown in the above link is in my settings.I have attached a shot of what my windows has after clicking on privacy. If i uncheck all these...
  9. Windows 10 Optional Features Install Failed

Windows 10 Optional Features Install Failed: I uninstalled MS Paint because it was not opening. Then I tried to reinstall it but it shows: Install Failed Error code: 0x80070002 Everytime it shows this error....
  10. Windows 10 Optional Feature installation Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Optional Feature installation Failed: Hi , i am using windows 10 ( update 1803) . i am getting installation failure message 'Something happened and we couldnt install a feature' message continuously for last couple of months.. on checking the history i could see it was trying to install some feature for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. languages keeps trying to install optional features

2. optional setting install fail

3. stop windows from trying to download optional features

4. optional feature annoying,
  5. optional feature install keeps failing,
  6. download optional features failing