Windows 10: Optional feature tries to install, and fails everyday. Code 0x80072ee5, Windows 10

Discus and support Optional feature tries to install, and fails everyday. Code 0x80072ee5, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm having a kind of strange problem. Once upon a time, i've decided to install US handwriting optional feature, however it never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jointke, Jan 30, 2021.

1. jointke Win User

Optional feature tries to install, and fails everyday. Code 0x80072ee5, Windows 10

Hello everyone,
    I'm having a kind of strange problem.

Once upon a time, i've decided to install US handwriting optional feature, however it never installed, it just repeatedly tries to install, at least once every day.
    I'm getting notifications about this, which is getting really annoying at this point.
    Optional feature tries to install, and fails everyday. Code 0x80072ee5, Windows 10 d31c1241-50d8-46a5-b4ec-657c89c0c8eb?upload=true.png
    I've tried to remove it using dism command in command prompt, and by using "Manage optional features" tab in settings, however, it doesn't show up.
    I know the error code means that the URL is unknown, but this is really useless information, as I can't find a solution.

Now, I want to somehow get rid of all of this. Doesn't matter whether the solution will remove just the notification, or the entire problem.
    Important:
    I can not update Windows, as it is company's computer, and my boss told me not to. No idea why, but i'm not willing to lose my job over this.

I had no troubles installing other features, for instance, optional features related to Polish language were installed without any problem.

:)

jointke, Jan 30, 2021

2. Optional language features fail to install

I still have the issue. The OS tries to install the optional features for French keyboard and language multiple times and it fails every time. So it notifies me in the notification center. there is an error code 0x800F0908.

I can see the failed attempts and the error code in: Settings->Manage optional features->see optional features history.

The recent change is of course adding the French language for keyboard.

Damoon Tahmasbi, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 30, 2021
  4. jds21 Win User

Optional feature tries to install, and fails everyday. Code 0x80072ee5, Windows 10

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Optional feature tries to install, and fails everyday. Code 0x80072ee5, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Optional feature tries

2. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional Features - Install Failed: I am trying to install RSATs. When I try to, I get the error code 0x80072F8F.I have tried changing the registry entries with no success.I have checked my time on the pc and in the BIOS with no success. I have rebooted the computer several times and no success. I have ran SFC...
  3. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional Features - Install Failed: I am trying to install RSATs. When I try to, I get the error code 0x80072F8F.I have tried changing the registry entries with no success.I have checked my time on the pc and in the BIOS with no success. I have rebooted the computer several times and no success. I have ran SFC...
  4. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  6. optional feature install failed

optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  7. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Optional features install failed , error code - 0x80070490

Optional features install failed , error code - 0x80070490: Hello,I was trying to install optional features like notepad and wireless display , but i am unable to install , as the install failed due to the error code - 0x80070490Note: i have already tried the meteored connection trick , but isnt working for me.Thanks for the helpPc...
  9. Windows 10 Optional Features Install Failed

Windows 10 Optional Features Install Failed: I uninstalled MS Paint because it was not opening. Then I tried to reinstall it but it shows: Install Failed Error code: 0x80070002 Everytime it shows this error....
  10. Windows 10 Optional Feature installation Failed

Windows 10 Optional Feature installation Failed: Hi , i am using windows 10 ( update 1803) . i am getting installation failure message 'Something happened and we couldnt install a feature' message continuously for last couple of months.. on checking the history i could see it was trying to install some feature for...