Windows 10: Optional feature Wireless Display failed to install 0x80072EFE

Discus and support Optional feature Wireless Display failed to install 0x80072EFE in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, i've tried to install the optional feature Wireless Display but it says "Couldn't install" and the error message is 0x80072EFE. Tried multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SéverineEO, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Optional feature Wireless Display failed to install 0x80072EFE

Hi, i've tried to install the optional feature Wireless Display but it says "Couldn't install" and the error message is 0x80072EFE. Tried multiple times, restarted it as well. it just wouldn't install it!

:)

SéverineEO, Dec 31, 2021

2. Wireless Display Support - Option Appears to be missing

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with connecting to a wireless display, do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

As you have already tried to connect to wireless display from Windows 7 and it failed, I would like to inform that your device might not be compatible to access the feature.

I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to the post with required information about the issue to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 31, 2021
  3. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - fail to reconnect

Hi

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest Wireless Display drivers available in manufacturer
    website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    If that issue persist try to install in Compatibility mode

Method 2::Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 31, 2021
  4. Optional feature Wireless Display failed to install 0x80072EFE

wireless display adapter model 1628

Hi Rudy,

Connecting to a wireless display requires a device that supports Miracast. For us to identify the cause of this issue, please answer the below questions:

In the meantime, we suggest performing the given steps on this article:
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 31, 2021
Thema:

Optional feature Wireless Display failed to install 0x80072EFE

1. Optional feature Wireless Display failed to install 0x80072EFE - Similar Threads - Optional feature Wireless

2. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional Features - Install Failed: I am trying to install RSATs. When I try to, I get the error code 0x80072F8F.I have tried changing the registry entries with no success.I have checked my time on the pc and in the BIOS with no success. I have rebooted the computer several times and no success. I have ran SFC...
  3. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional Features - Install Failed: I am trying to install RSATs. When I try to, I get the error code 0x80072F8F.I have tried changing the registry entries with no success.I have checked my time on the pc and in the BIOS with no success. I have rebooted the computer several times and no success. I have ran SFC...
  4. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  5. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  6. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. No wireless display feature in optional features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wireless display feature in optional features: i have miracast support,my window is original and my all drivers are up to date.In projecting to this pc it says my doesn't have support becouse it need wireless display optional feature but it's not there in my optional features i even searched it but it's not therePlease...
  8. No wireless display feature in optional features

No wireless display feature in optional features: i have miracast support,my window is original and my all drivers are up to date.In projecting to this pc it says my doesn't have support becouse it need wireless display optional feature but it's not there in my optional features i even searched it but it's not therePlease...
  9. Optional feature Wireless Display failed to install 0x80072EFE

Optional feature Wireless Display failed to install 0x80072EFE: Hi, i've tried to install the optional feature Wireless Display but it says "Couldn't install" and the error message is 0x80072EFE. Tried multiple times, restarted it as well. it just wouldn't install it!...
  10. Optional "Wireless Display" Feature Install not Finalizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Optional "Wireless Display" Feature Install not Finalizing: I am trying to use my laptop's display as a second monitor for my PC. I opened settings and went to the "Projecting to This PC" section. It told me to install the Wireless Display feature, so I did. It told me that I needed to restart the system to finish installing. I did...