Windows 10: Optional features deleted. Is it possible to get them again?

Discus and support Optional features deleted. Is it possible to get them again? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; At the advice of an "independent advisor" I deleted the optional features media player, word pad, paint and notebook. He instructed me to then add them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jo LynneLockley, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Optional features deleted. Is it possible to get them again?

At the advice of an "independent advisor" I deleted the optional features media player, word pad, paint and notebook. He instructed me to then add them back. Now that they are deleted, however, they cannot be. researching this I found that I should simply have added them in the beginning.
    I need these apps and have been trying to find a way to reinstall them unsuccessfully, Does anyone have an idea where they can be found and added?
    I am afraid that using a restore point would be ill advised, as the last attempt to do so corrupted enough to make a full reinstall necessary, from which I have been recovering for nearly a week.
    There used to be an option to repair rather than restore windows. It does not seem that that still exists. I think that might have worked.

:)

Jo LynneLockley, Mar 12, 2021

2. How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

Optional features deleted. Is it possible to get them again?

manage optional features

Hi Alicia,

There could be a setting that has been configured to open the Manage optional features automatically. We'd like to know a few things so we could provide an accurate resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is Manage optional features popping up right after you turn on your computer or while using it?
    • Are you trying to disable the Manage optional features completely?

If you're trying to disable any of the optional features, here are the steps on how to do it :

• Go to Control Panel and click on Programs.
    • Click on the Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On Windows Features, select the feature(s) that you want to enable or disable and click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer as the wizard says to complete the task.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Optional features deleted. Is it possible to get them again?

1. Optional features deleted. Is it possible to get them again? - Similar Threads - Optional features deleted

2. Is it possible hide taskbar labels but not combine them? Not an option in dropdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible hide taskbar labels but not combine them? Not an option in dropdown: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/canuckathome [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ublszi/is_it_possible_hide_taskbar_labels_but_not/
  3. Possible Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Feature: Hi guys, I'm wondering if adding a new-feature that is kind of like "safe-mode" might help society.Basically I'm wondering how to boot the computer so only the fans run.. kind of like a "cool-boot" or something.Anyway have a nice day, keep up the good work!...
  4. Possible Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible Feature: Hi guys, I'm wondering if adding a new-feature that is kind of like "safe-mode" might help society.Basically I'm wondering how to boot the computer so only the fans run.. kind of like a "cool-boot" or something.Anyway have a nice day, keep up the good work!...
  5. Possible Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Optional features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional features: I cant download 'Windows media pack' or 'Media feature pack' through optional features. When i try to go to 'Add a feature' and find these two features and click install they are bugged like this: https://prnt.sc/26ednvd , and wont install from this point....
  7. Optional features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional features: My Windows 10 OS is 10.0.19041.329. I noticed when I want to bring up "OptionalFeatures" the opened window stays blank not getting populated with either enabled or disabled windows features. I am interested at least to see there Microsoft.NET 3 or 4.5 features. I tried to...
  8. Optional Features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Optional Features: I am on a Windows 10 version 2004 PC and I have no optional features listed. I can't see any optional feature history or install any new features. In version 1909 I had a list of features and I could easily install features. What is going on?[ATTACH]...
  9. Is it possible to add photos to an album, then delete them from collections?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to add photos to an album, then delete them from collections?: I have hundreds of photos in Collections. I am organizing them into Albums. I need them to be removed from Collections after they are in an album because it's impossible to remember which photos I've moved and which ones I haven't yet moved to an album. Once they are in an...
  10. Optional features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optional features: Hello , We are facing issue with the optional features . All are downloading automatically and failing. Daily we are getting popup twice or thrice a day related to optional features. Can you help out me...