Windows 10: Optional Features Failing to Install - Win10 1809 - Domain Computer

Discus and support Optional Features Failing to Install - Win10 1809 - Domain Computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm an early implementer of the October 2018 Release. I'm also the sys admin and need the full compliment of RSAT applications. These used to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StreamBehr, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Optional Features Failing to Install - Win10 1809 - Domain Computer

I'm an early implementer of the October 2018 Release. I'm also the sys admin and need the full compliment of RSAT applications. These used to be installed after the upgrade was finished as standalone apps. With 1809, they are all to be installed as Optional Features.

If the PC in question is a member of my AD domain the optional features fail to install with the "Contact your administrator to get this feature" complaint. When I take the PC out of the domain and attempt to install the same optional feature, it installs without a problem.

I've been looking hard any group policies that may be getting in the way. Haven't found any...

I do run WSUS in my environment if anyone has any thought on whether or not that has any impact.

looking for feedback before I back-rev this thing.

LouB

:)

StreamBehr, Oct 3, 2018

2. Optional Features Failing to Install - Win10 1809 - Domain Computer

I'm an early implementer of the October 2018 Release. I'm also the sys admin and need the full compliment of RSAT applications. These used to be installed after the upgrade was finished as standalone apps. With 1809, they are all to be installed as Optional
    Features.

If the PC in question is a member of my AD domain the optional features fail to install with the "Contact your administrator to get this feature" complaint. When I take the PC out of the domain and attempt to install the same optional feature, it installs
    without a problem.

I've been looking hard any group policies that may be getting in the way. Haven't found any...

I do run WSUS in my environment if anyone has any thought on whether or not that has any impact.

looking for feedback before I back-rev this thing.

LouB

StreamBehr, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Optional language features fail to install

I still have the issue. The OS tries to install the optional features for French keyboard and language multiple times and it fails every time. So it notifies me in the notification center. there is an error code 0x800F0908.

I can see the failed attempts and the error code in: Settings->Manage optional features->see optional features history.

The recent change is of course adding the French language for keyboard.

Damoon Tahmasbi, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Optional Features Failing to Install - Win10 1809 - Domain Computer

Optional Features Failing to Install - Win10 1809 - Domain Computer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Your question is beyond the scope of this Windows Forum. This Community is mainly for home users and their computer problems, not business systems.

Kindly post your question in the TechNet Forums.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

Cheers.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Optional Features Failing to Install - Win10 1809 - Domain Computer

1. Optional Features Failing to Install - Win10 1809 - Domain Computer - Similar Threads - Optional Features Failing

2. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional Features - Install Failed: I am trying to install RSATs. When I try to, I get the error code 0x80072F8F.I have tried changing the registry entries with no success.I have checked my time on the pc and in the BIOS with no success. I have rebooted the computer several times and no success. I have ran SFC...
  3. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional Features - Install Failed: I am trying to install RSATs. When I try to, I get the error code 0x80072F8F.I have tried changing the registry entries with no success.I have checked my time on the pc and in the BIOS with no success. I have rebooted the computer several times and no success. I have ran SFC...
  4. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  6. optional feature install failed

optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  7. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 Optional Features Install Failed

Windows 10 Optional Features Install Failed: I uninstalled MS Paint because it was not opening. Then I tried to reinstall it but it shows: Install Failed Error code: 0x80070002 Everytime it shows this error....
  9. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Failed to install

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Failed to install: I tried more than once to update my device but I get a error message when I get a percentage of update 52% error code from the windows update (Last failed install attempt on ‏03/‏05/‏2019 - 0xc1900101) also i got same error from windows10upgraderApp any help?...
  10. Windows 10 Optional Feature installation Failed

Windows 10 Optional Feature installation Failed: Hi , i am using windows 10 ( update 1803) . i am getting installation failure message 'Something happened and we couldnt install a feature' message continuously for last couple of months.. on checking the history i could see it was trying to install some feature for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. optional features not loading

2. windows 10 1809 optional features not installing

3. no features to install optional features rsat

4. optional features fail to install,
  5. windows 10 optional features not loading,
  6. additional features rsat install failed,
  7. rsat optional features not installing,
  8. rsat optional features install failed,
  9. windows 10 optional features not installing,
  10. manage optional features rsat fails,
  11. optional features faile to install,