Windows 10: Optional Features not installing

Discus and support Optional Features not installing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro N 1909 and try to install the media feature pack and media player through the optional features but it still doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sarthakahluwalia9, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Optional Features not installing

I'm running Windows 10 Pro N 1909 and try to install the media feature pack and media player through the optional features but it still doesn't install. Same through powershell. I've turned off metered connection.

Its needed for MFS2020 as it throws up a winmovie_z error

submitted by /u/sarthakahluwalia9
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sarthakahluwalia9, Aug 20, 2020

2. How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Aug 20, 2020
  3. No Features to Install Under Optional Features?

Hello,

Since you are facing issue in installing optional Japanese language pack, I suggest you to install the language pack by following the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Click on Time and language in settings window.

• Click on Region and language from left navigation pane.

• Click on Add a language (+ symbol)

• Select Japanese language pack.

• Now, click on Japanese language pack
      and click on Set a default button under the
      Region and language from left navigation pane.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control panel.

• Type Language in the search bar located at the top right corner of Control panel and click on language.

• Click on the Japanese language pack
      on the Language window.

• Click on Download and install language pack button under
      Japanese language pack.

• Enter the administrator password if prompted.

• Click on Save button.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 20, 2020
  4. MaximTV Win User

Optional Features not installing

No Features to Install Under Optional Features?

Same issue here. I'm trying to install Windows Media Player but the optional features page doesn't list anything available to install.

MaximTV, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Optional Features not installing

1. Optional Features not installing - Similar Threads - Optional Features installing

2. Optional feature not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional feature not installing: My PC is having issue installing an optional feature, more specifically Japanese Supplemental Fonts. My device is an Intel NUC and before I formatted this PC, it did not have any problem installing any optional feature. Post-reset, however, the progress bar would not move...
  3. Optional feature not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional feature not installing: My PC is having issue installing an optional feature, more specifically Japanese Supplemental Fonts. My device is an Intel NUC and before I formatted this PC, it did not have any problem installing any optional feature. Post-reset, however, the progress bar would not move...
  4. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional Features - Install Failed: I am trying to install RSATs. When I try to, I get the error code 0x80072F8F.I have tried changing the registry entries with no success.I have checked my time on the pc and in the BIOS with no success. I have rebooted the computer several times and no success. I have ran SFC...
  5. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional Features - Install Failed: I am trying to install RSATs. When I try to, I get the error code 0x80072F8F.I have tried changing the registry entries with no success.I have checked my time on the pc and in the BIOS with no success. I have rebooted the computer several times and no success. I have ran SFC...
  6. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  8. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  9. Optional Features Wont Install

Optional Features Wont Install: HiI have been trying to install the media feature pack, but everytime i try it simply says installing and then proceeds to immediately fail. I do not know what to do. Please help....
  10. Windows optional features not installing

Windows optional features not installing: So... here I am searching endlessly for the connect app, so I can miracast my phone screen to my laptop. Turns out, I have to install it myself. So I tried to do that. But it just gets stuck at filling the progress bar just a little bit, and after a few minutes, giving up and...