Windows 10: Optional features

Discus and support Optional features in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Following an update which created too many issues including failure of a set point reset, I was forced to recover Windows, leaving the files but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jo LynneLockley, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Optional features

Following an update which created too many issues including failure of a set point reset, I was forced to recover Windows, leaving the files but erasing or deleting all programs, and leaving a mess, including dead start all program icons and missing apps or features.
    I am currently trying to access the legacy optional features like paint, media player, and notebook.
    There is an icon in start all features with opens to list them all, but clicking on any one only provides the option to uninstall. I have not been able to access them.
    How can this be done?
    Thank you.

:)

Jo LynneLockley, Mar 9, 2021

2. How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    manage optional features

Hi Alicia,

There could be a setting that has been configured to open the Manage optional features automatically. We'd like to know a few things so we could provide an accurate resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is Manage optional features popping up right after you turn on your computer or while using it?
    • Are you trying to disable the Manage optional features completely?

If you're trying to disable any of the optional features, here are the steps on how to do it :

• Go to Control Panel and click on Programs.
    • Click on the Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On Windows Features, select the feature(s) that you want to enable or disable and click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer as the wizard says to complete the task.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Mar 9, 2021
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Optional features

Optional Features

Before you do too much to change the picture, please do the quick step of posting a pic of your WINVER, please. Thanks.

Optional Features

f14tomcat, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Optional features

1. Optional features - Similar Threads - Optional features

2. How can I install Windows 10 optional feature OpenSSL beta?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I install Windows 10 optional feature OpenSSL beta?: Hi, I am looking for Windows 10 OpenSSL beta. It should be on "optional features". However, when I go through Setting to "add an optional feature", I am not seeing any features or apps listed. Please see screen shot below. I am on Windows 10 20H2, OS build 19042.867....
  3. Windows 10 Optional Features explained

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Optional Features explained: Windows 10 has a lot of optional features intended primarily for business networks and servers. You can turn them on and off using the Windows Features Dialog. In this post, we will explain what these optional features are. Windows 10 Optional Features display functionality...
  4. I am not able to install CONNECT Application from the Optional Feature and not even from...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am not able to install CONNECT Application from the Optional Feature and not even from...: I am not able to install CONNECT Application from the Optional Feature and not even from Command Prompt by typing command. I tried everything changing wi-fi connection, restarting my Laptop, typing command in command prompt everything. Does Anyone know What I can do next?...
  5. NO apps show up in "Optional Features"

NO apps show up in "Optional Features": I am running Windows 10 Pro N for Workstations x64 version 20H2. When I try to add the Media Pack, there isn't anything showing up in the list under "Add Features" and I need this media pack. I'm pretty sure that is why Adobe Rush or Premier won't function error code....
  6. Optional features deleted. Is it possible to get them again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional features deleted. Is it possible to get them again?: At the advice of an "independent advisor" I deleted the optional features media player, word pad, paint and notebook. He instructed me to then add them back. Now that they are deleted, however, they cannot be. researching this I found that I should simply have added them in...
  7. power options stopped working after Win10 feature update 20H2

power options stopped working after Win10 feature update 20H2: System fails to sleep according to settings following recent Win10 feature update 20H2. It worked properly before that. I followed earlier threads on this topic and ran Cmd prompt powercfg -requests and this shows up: EXECUTION: [PROCESS]...
  8. can't install optional feature in W2K22 server

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    can't install optional feature in W2K22 server: Hi folks can't install openssh-server on W2K22 evaluation server -(running it as a VM - nothing wrong in testing a server as a VM)- errors out with check insider levels but there's no options to do this !!! I need this to be able to use sftp on the server. [img] The...
  9. RSAT downloaded but doesn't show up to download in optional features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RSAT downloaded but doesn't show up to download in optional features: Hi, I downloaded RSAT with the Powershell runned as administrator and it says "staged" so it is downloaded. But when I go to optional features in settings and I click add features and type in "RSAT" nothing shows up and when I look in already downloaded features it isn't...
  10. Optional features don't show up. Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional features don't show up. Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thiefyzheng [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldpyjt/optional_features_dont_show_up_please_help/