Windows 10: optional quality update

Discus and support optional quality update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Should I Install it??? or leave it????And what is this ???Thanx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by USER_365, Aug 9, 2021.

1. USER_365 Win User

optional quality update

Should I Install it??? or leave it????And what is this ???Thanx

:)

USER_365, Aug 9, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Quality Update List Size

View Update History categorises Windows updates. Is the Quality Updates list truncated to the last 50 entries? My list contained 50 entries for MS Office 2010 which I just reinstalled but I noted KB4100347 was missing. I reinstalled KB4100347 and there are still 50 entries now including KB4100347 when I expected the list to increment to 51 entries.

Can the size of the displayed Quality Update list be increased if it is truncated by default to 50 entries?

Steve C, Aug 9, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond optional quality update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 9, 2021
  4. cadaveca Win User

optional quality update

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue optional quality update :p

cadaveca, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

optional quality update

1. optional quality update - Similar Threads - optional quality update

2. Windows Optional quality update available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Optional quality update available: I have an update that just won’t download everyone it downloads after it’s finished it says it’s failed cumulative update preview for windows 10 version 22h2 for x64 basked systems KB5026435...
  3. Windows Optional quality update available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Optional quality update available: I have an update that just won’t download everyone it downloads after it’s finished it says it’s failed cumulative update preview for windows 10 version 22h2 for x64 basked systems KB5026435...
  4. Windows Optional quality update available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?: My Windows 10 installation 20H2 64 bit is up to date but the Settings menu Windows Update offers this so-called quality update: '2021-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5003214)' Some of these updates can take a very long time...
  6. Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?

Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?: My Windows 10 installation 20H2 64 bit is up to date but the Settings menu Windows Update offers this so-called quality update: '2021-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5003214)' Some of these updates can take a very long time...
  7. Optional Quality Updates do not display.

Optional Quality Updates do not display.: Hello all, When I Enable Select when Qualtiy Updates are received and/or Select when Preview Builds and Feature Updates are received, none of my computers see Optional Quality Updates in Windows Update. This is specifically to install the Out-of-Band update KB5001649...
  8. What is a Optional Quality Update

What is a Optional Quality Update: I have seen a couple of Optional Quality Update. What are these and why are they optional, should I install them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-optional-quality-update/67bff46f-c5c3-41e1-b618-8b468b85514f
  9. "We couldn't install this optional quality update"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "We couldn't install this optional quality update": Just today, Windows Update showed "Optional quality update available". But after pressing "Update" button, and some delay, the error message appeared: We couldn't install this update but you can try again (0x80070541) 2021-03 Cumulative Update for W10 Version 20H2 (KB5001649)...
  10. "We couldn't install this optional quality update"

"We couldn't install this optional quality update": Just today, Windows Update showed "Optional quality update available". But after pressing "Update" button, and some delay, the error message appeared: We couldn't install this update but you can try again (0x80070541) 2021-03 Cumulative Update for W10 Version 20H2 (KB5001649)...