Windows 10: Optional Quality Updates do not display.

Discus and support Optional Quality Updates do not display. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, When I Enable Select when Qualtiy Updates are received and/or Select when Preview Builds and Feature Updates are received, none of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Whatrudoingdave1, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Optional Quality Updates do not display.

Hello all,

When I Enable Select when Qualtiy Updates are received and/or Select when Preview Builds and Feature Updates are received, none of my computers see Optional Quality Updates in Windows Update.

This is specifically to install the Out-of-Band update KB5001649

So, with that said, what is the best way to set up WUfB so that Optional Quality Updates are available and how should Out-of-Band updates be handled when using WUfB?

Thanks, David

:)

Whatrudoingdave1, Mar 25, 2021

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 25, 2021
  3. damtachoa Win User
    4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Optional Quality Updates do not display.

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Optional Quality Updates do not display.

1. Optional Quality Updates do not display. - Similar Threads - Optional Quality Updates

2. Windows Optional quality update available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Optional quality update available: I have an update that just won’t download everyone it downloads after it’s finished it says it’s failed cumulative update preview for windows 10 version 22h2 for x64 basked systems KB5026435...
  3. Windows Optional quality update available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Optional quality update available: I have an update that just won’t download everyone it downloads after it’s finished it says it’s failed cumulative update preview for windows 10 version 22h2 for x64 basked systems KB5026435...
  4. Windows Optional quality update available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. optional quality update

optional quality update: Should I Install it??? or leave it????And what is this ???Thanx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optional-quality-update/1bba3355-b701-48ad-98c2-6b9354160715
  6. Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?: My Windows 10 installation 20H2 64 bit is up to date but the Settings menu Windows Update offers this so-called quality update: '2021-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5003214)' Some of these updates can take a very long time...
  7. Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?

Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?: My Windows 10 installation 20H2 64 bit is up to date but the Settings menu Windows Update offers this so-called quality update: '2021-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5003214)' Some of these updates can take a very long time...
  8. What is a Optional Quality Update

What is a Optional Quality Update: I have seen a couple of Optional Quality Update. What are these and why are they optional, should I install them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-optional-quality-update/67bff46f-c5c3-41e1-b618-8b468b85514f
  9. "We couldn't install this optional quality update"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "We couldn't install this optional quality update": Just today, Windows Update showed "Optional quality update available". But after pressing "Update" button, and some delay, the error message appeared: We couldn't install this update but you can try again (0x80070541) 2021-03 Cumulative Update for W10 Version 20H2 (KB5001649)...
  10. "We couldn't install this optional quality update"

"We couldn't install this optional quality update": Just today, Windows Update showed "Optional quality update available". But after pressing "Update" button, and some delay, the error message appeared: We couldn't install this update but you can try again (0x80070541) 2021-03 Cumulative Update for W10 Version 20H2 (KB5001649)...