Windows 10: optional update constantly showing up

Discus and support optional update constantly showing up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just clean installed the windows 10 pro for the 2nd time but this same optional update keeps on showing up. The driver is already installed but is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Feb 22, 2021.

1. optional update constantly showing up

I just clean installed the windows 10 pro for the 2nd time but this same optional update keeps on showing up. The driver is already installed but is not showing up in the driver manager. I have an hp envy 15 notebook pc.

optional update constantly showing up 6e10ccfa-edad-44c0-8681-918a9acd3432?upload=true.png

optional update constantly showing up da29ded1-f4a9-4246-ade8-895841bfcb68?upload=true.png

:)

Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Feb 22, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond optional update constantly showing up :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Explorer.exe crashing constantly

Hi Sophie,

There are several reasons why you've experienced the issue. If all the troubleshooting steps you found did not help, try disabling the Show recently used folders in Quick access and set Open file Explore to this PC. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the View tab, select Options drop-down arrow.
    • Choose Change folder and search options.
    • On General tab, click the drop-down arrow beside Open File Explorer to and select
      This PC.

We also suggest clearing File Explorer in history.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Feb 22, 2021
  4. optional update constantly showing up

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

optional update constantly showing up

1. optional update constantly showing up - Similar Threads - optional update constantly

2. No wifi options show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi options show up: I have a wifi box connected to my pc with a ethernet cable. I haven’t payed my wifi bill so i’m trying to use another wifi option but they don’t show so i’m left with no wifi for my pc. I’ve unplugged the ethernet cable, unplugged the wifi box, ect and nothing works...
  3. No wifi options show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi options show up: I have a wifi box connected to my pc with a ethernet cable. I haven’t payed my wifi bill so i’m trying to use another wifi option but they don’t show so i’m left with no wifi for my pc. I’ve unplugged the ethernet cable, unplugged the wifi box, ect and nothing works...
  4. No wifi options show up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No optional features showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No optional features showing up: I don't know what wrong but whenever I press "add an optional feature" nothing shows up.Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-optional-features-showing-up/fd71b641-bd7a-425d-b649-484f51440be4
  6. No optional features showing up

No optional features showing up: I don't know what wrong but whenever I press "add an optional feature" nothing shows up.Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-optional-features-showing-up/fd71b641-bd7a-425d-b649-484f51440be4
  7. Wifi option not showing up.

Wifi option not showing up.: Hi,I’ve been trying to connect to the wifi all day but the option for it is just not showing up.I’ve tried to reset the network settings, i’ve tried to go to the device manager and update my wifi from there but it isn’t showing up, I’ve tried to troubleshoot about everything...
  8. RunDLL Errors Constantly showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RunDLL Errors Constantly showing up.: RunDLL Error Is always Showing up on startup and other times too. How to fix this? It is really annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll-errors-constantly-showing-up/d1d691ad-0e53-4353-bb52-3a7f44d5ffec
  9. RunDLL Errors Constantly showing up.

RunDLL Errors Constantly showing up.: RunDLL Error Is always Showing up on startup and other times too. How to fix this? It is really annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll-errors-constantly-showing-up/d1d691ad-0e53-4353-bb52-3a7f44d5ffec
  10. Intel Driver Updates Showing Up In My Optional Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Driver Updates Showing Up In My Optional Updates: Hello, I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that all of a sudden there are multiple Driver Updates showing up in Optional Updates in Settings. I do not know what half of these are for and one of the drivers date back to 1968. Does anyone know why MS did this? I am not...